DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Something just dawned on me watching the full video- I wonder if Bruce Timm drew inspiration from Mister Snow Miser when he designed the BTAS Joker?

Interesting.. :D His nose/mouth/chin area is pretty similar xD
Good point xD

Does anyone know when BBTS will be getting their Batman Beyond set shipped?

(Haven't emailed them thinking someone else on the forum might have.)

Thanks for the help.

Any speculations yet on what we are going to see at 2017 TF

hoping for updated Batgirl and Poison Ivy from BTAS and also a Batman Beyond that includes a Terry head.

Any speculations yet on what we are going to see at 2017 TF

STAS Lex Luthor
STAS Metallo
STAS Volcana
STAS Bizarro

BTAS Joker Expressions Pack

TNBA Penguin
TNBA Bruce Wayne
TNBA Batwoman w/Glider set

Before they jump in the Superman or JL line I hope to hear something new about BTAS Scarecrow, Twoface, Alfred and Grey Ghost :D I also hope to see some prototypes from that cardboard crap multi pack so we can judge better xDDD

Before they jump in the Superman or JL line I hope to hear something new about BTAS Scarecrow, Twoface, Alfred and Grey Ghost :D I also hope to see some prototypes from that cardboard crap multi pack so we can judge better xDDD

I still think all of those figures are coming relatively soon but I think we are coming to the end of BTAS and TNBA at least as we know it. I see more STAS and JLU characters coming rather than the more obscure BTAS and TNBA characters. I think we might still see Kyodai Ken, Red Claw, Maxie Zeus, Rupert Thorne, Dagget, and others but they might be few and far in between. The BTAS stuff we will see is probably a lot of repacks and repeats of many characters we already have at slightly lower prices as a way to grab new customers and those that are already buying the STAS, JLU, and BB stuff. I think the transition to the other Timm animated properties is just about to begin.

But yes, my personal preference is for DCC to continue and finish the BTAS and TNBA characters first.

I still think all of those figures are coming relatively soon but I think we are coming to the end of BTAS and TNBA at least as we know it. I see more STAS and JLU characters coming rather than the more obscure BTAS and TNBA characters. I think we might still see Kyodai Ken, Red Claw, Maxie Zeus, Rupert Thorne, Dagget, and others but they might be few and far in between. The BTAS stuff we will see is probably a lot of repacks and repeats of many characters we already have at slightly lower prices as a way to grab new customers and those that are already buying the STAS, JLU, and BB stuff. I think the transition to the other Timm animated properties is just about to begin.

But yes, my personal preference is for DCC to continue and finish the BTAS and TNBA characters first.

Oh, I see your point. Actually for me (and my wallet lol) would even be better because I have no interest in buy many STAS or JL stuff. I'm gonna continue with my policy: "I grab what I like only". :D Guess we have to wait a few weeks now. xD Just gimme prototypes, I wanna see the new stuff! xD

Oh, I see your point. Actually for me (and my wallet lol) would even be better because I have no interest in buy many STAS or JL stuff. I'm gonna continue with my policy: "I grab what I like only". :D Guess we have to wait a few weeks now. xD Just gimme prototypes, I wanna see the new stuff! xD
It just seems to me that they nearly blew the wad with the Rogues pack. They nearly finished the A-Listers in one pack. I just think that they would want to mix up their assortments between A-Listers and C-Listers to even it out a bit better. I guess what I'm saying is that I can't see them putting out all the C-Listers all at once at the end of the line. I just think it would be a little harder to sell them that way. But hey, I don't know.

What do I want to see?

BTAS Two-Face
BTAS Scarecrow
BTAS Rupert Thorne
BTAS Hugo Strange

TNBA Penguin
TNBA Batwoman

STAS Lex Luthor
STAS Mercy Graves

JLU Black Canary
JLU Green Arrow
JLU Hunteress

Mad Hatter and Calendar Girl for me.

It just seems to me that they nearly blew the wad with the Rogues pack. They nearly finished the A-Listers in one pack. I just think that they would want to mix up their assortments between A-Listers and C-Listers to even it out a bit better. I guess what I'm saying is that I can't see them putting out all the C-Listers all at once at the end of the line. I just think it would be a little harder to sell them that way. But hey, I don't know.

What do I want to see?

BTAS Two-Face
BTAS Scarecrow
BTAS Rupert Thorne
BTAS Hugo Strange

TNBA Penguin
TNBA Batwoman

STAS Lex Luthor
STAS Mercy Graves

JLU Black Canary
JLU Green Arrow
JLU Hunteress

Yeah, make sense. :D Let's see what happen.
Nice list, I would buy them all :D And I would also add Alfred and Grey Ghost for the BTAS list ;)
For the STAS the only villain I would buy beside Lex is Bizarro, always loved that character. xD
In the JLU I would like the main ones like Green Lantern, Flash, one-handed Aquaman... and a singing Batman/Diana pig double pack. Okno, just kidding for the last one. LOL

"Am I blueeee.." :D epic Kevin

Picked up a TNBA Penguin at the Pontefract B&M here in England for £7.99

Heads up, they have the DC collectables Alex Ross metallic Justice League 6 pack for £39.99, DC collectibles Dark Knight Returns 4 pack for £29.99 and the entire first wave of 6inch DC multiverse Suicide Squad movie Joker/Deadshot/Harley/Boomerang/Katana/Batman at £7.99 each. My wife cleared the shelf and bought 1 of everything.

I dont know where to spread the word but the prices are unvelieveable. The Multiverse figures are still £22 each. Justice League pack is £75. Great prices.

Picked up a TNBA Penguin at the Pontefract B&M here in England for £7.99

Heads up, they have the DC collectables Alex Ross metallic Justice League 6 pack for £39.99, DC collectibles Dark Knight Returns 4 pack for £29.99 and the entire first wave of 6inch DC multiverse Suicide Squad movie Joker/Deadshot/Harley/Boomerang/Katana/Batman at £7.99 each. My wife cleared the shelf and bought 1 of everything.

I dont know where to spread the word but the prices are unvelieveable. The Multiverse figures are still £22 each. Justice League pack is £75. Great prices.

Plzzz, share pics of the penguin! Cheers!

I believe they're about to make that transition as well, which was probably why they decided to
release such an array of A-listers in a single pack. It was likely the best way to expedite the
transition rather than linger on BTAS. Fortunately they still have quite a few of both A and C
listers left to make things worthwhile.

I'm really hoping for a triple pack consisting of BTAS Wayne, Grayson and Alfred. I'm also thinking
that they could do a BTAS Two-Face and Rupert Thorne 2-pack and releasing the remaining 2
Bat vehicles from that series.

Last edited:

In light of people saying they don't care about any Superman or Batman Beyond or JLU characters or they're only interested in one or two villains, I myself am hoping DC Collectibles makes Lex, Mercy, Bizarro, Parasite, Metallo, Toyman, Brainiac, Kalibak, Darkseid, Blight, Inque, Shriek, John Stewart, Wally West, Wonder Woman, Hawkgirl, Martian Manhunter, Question, Jonah Hex (JLU appearance), Joker (JL/BB redesign), Killer Frost, Solomon Grundy, The Shade, Cheetah, Giganta...let's just say a lot. If they make them and don't screw up the paint, proportions, sculpts, whatever, I will buy the hell out of an expanded Timmverse line.

Bring 'em on!

Got these in today. The beyond figure set is a lot cooler than reviews and pictures make it out to be. The cape joints are crap but you can make it work well enough. Bruce can lean forward on his cane a bit to fudge the scale problem, since Terry is a bit undersized. Bruce has great upward head movement to help.

image.jpg

image.jpg

In light of people saying they don't care about any Superman or Batman Beyond or JLU characters or they're only interested in one or two villains, I myself am hoping DC Collectibles makes Lex, Mercy, Bizarro, Parasite, Metallo, Toyman, Brainiac, Kalibak, Darkseid, Blight, Inque, Shriek, John Stewart, Wally West, Wonder Woman, Hawkgirl, Martian Manhunter, Question, Jonah Hex (JLU appearance), Joker (JL/BB redesign), Killer Frost, Solomon Grundy, The Shade, Cheetah, Giganta...let's just say a lot. If they make them and don't screw up the paint, proportions, sculpts, whatever, I will buy the hell out of an expanded Timmverse line.

Bring 'em on!

Originally I was keen for JLU but I am just not feeling it... it's just to expansive at this stage of the game for me. I will be content with a few key Bats remainders and the core Supes characters. That'll do me.

looks like that can be thrown pretty well!

*not recommended*

Back