DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Oh man does that suck :gah:

Especially if we could've this

Yeah, that sucks a lot.

I want that Harley in lingerie, but I despise that repainted Joker.

If it's confirmed that's the Joker we'll get, I will either wait for a loose Harley to pop up on eBay or buy the 2-Pack and give Joker to charity.

Yeah, that sucks a lot.

If it's confirmed that's the Joker we'll get, I will either wait for a loose Harley to pop up on eBay or buy the 2-Pack and give Joker to charity.

Looks like the new legs for Joker though

That repainted Joker is hideous, and I'd forgotten how much I hated TNBA Joker,those black eyes are just silly!

Just out of interest are people bigger fans of the TAS designs or do they prefer the TNBA designs?

"Batman: The Animated Series" forever, for always and for the win, man!!

I collect everything BTAS-related, from figures to books, to t-shirts, to keychains etc
I own an enormous BTAS merchandise line.
Will post a photo someday here.

"Batman: The Animated Series" forever, for always and for the win, man!!

I collect everything BTAS-related, from figures to books, to t-shirts, to keychains etc
I own an enormous BTAS merchandise line.
Will post a photo someday here.

I thought as much. Yeah, show us that photo(s) one day soon. ;)

i think more fans like BTAS because there were WAY more episodes in this style than in TNBA and it's more nostalgic - - however, Bruce Timm, the character designer himself, likes TNBA designs better, ironically lol

Yeah, that sucks a lot.

It almost seems like it would have been better to just include the same exact Joker from wave 2. At least people that didn't have him yet would benefit. It isn't even a logical repaint. Shiny Metallic Joker??? As a matter of fact, what about the other Mad Love Set? The one with Black Suit Joker and Shiny Harley? I'd rather have Joker in black and Harley in lingerie together than shiny Harley and Joker. Put those two together in a pack no one will buy ;)

I really like TNBA style. Doesn't mean I don't like TBAS. I just don't discount the artistic style of TNBA like some fans or think it made the cartoons worse than TBAS. Gordon looks like an old man, Tim looks like a kid, Scarecrow is scary as ****, etc. That being said, each version has its good and bad points style-wise. As a whole, the cartoons are the best Batman stories ever so I'm just glad they exist in any style.

That set is half for fans, half to draw new people in (I believe it comes with the book), so it's understandable that it comes with a joker. But I do agree a normal painted joker would be fine, or at least a new hs with a different expression.

I really like TNBA style. Doesn't mean I don't like TBAS. I just don't discount the artistic style of TNBA like some fans or think it made the cartoons worse than TBAS. Gordon looks like an old man, Tim looks like a kid, Scarecrow is scary as ****, etc. That being said, each version has its good and bad points style-wise. As a whole, the cartoons are the best Batman stories ever so I'm just glad they exist in any style.

It definitely has it's positives and even though I prefer the btas designs, I think dcc has done a better job translating tnba into figure form.

i think more fans like BTAS because there were WAY more episodes in this style than in TNBA and it's more nostalgic - - however, Bruce Timm, the character designer himself, likes TNBA designs better, ironically lol

Sounds like he's been hanging out with George Lucas.

Black eyed, while lipped TNBA Joker is jar jar binks

Black eyed, while lipped TNBA Joker is jar jar binks

Yeah because he was the worst of the batch. I didn't think the redesigns were too bad, but the Joker... ugh. I remember I couldn't wait to see how he was redesigned and man was I disappointed when he appeared. Justice League Joker is pretty good though.

I guess it's a good thing both Timm and Lucas had Mark Hamil.

I think the BTAS x TNBA discussion is a classic matter of personal opinion and preferences.

Still to this day, I personally can't stand TNBA mainly because of the Villians redesigns.
To me, all villians had terrible and hideous redesigns, except for Scarecrow.
Not to mention the good folks: Alfred, Gordon and Bullock. Hideous redesigns.

In my opinion, only the Bat-family (Batman, Batgirl, Tim Robin and Nightwing) had fine redesigns.

TNBA looks like an anime, with its simple human being designs.
I've never liked this concept, as I've always loved cartoons that look more like live-actions, you know? Well drawn.

Also, the stories on BTAS are far better than the ones on TNBA, in my opinion.
The overall stories and especially the origin stories of the villians.

Plus, BTAS gave the world Mask of the Phantasm. That alone should tell you which series is better.

I think the beauty of the animated show was the simplicity in its back grounds. I have seen some awesome back drops created with just black and red paper. The animated style of these figures really pop in diorama type displays.

IMG_20160108_194502.jpg I did this with some wallpaper that i found in the net.

I've seen the design of Clayface , it 's horrible .:gah:

Back