DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

DCC has confirmed unmasked Phantasm with female body for sometime in the future. The Andrea head is already ready.

They couldn't do it now with a alternate unmasked head or removable cowl, because it'd look ridiculous due to the male body.
It would be as ridiculous and laughable as that horrible Kenner Phantasm with female body. Hideous.

Yeah Bruce Timm never explained how her body shrunk once she took the mask off - when joker figures her out, she just pulls it off and in the very next shot she has Andrea's body. Just like they never explained how she made smoke appear so she could disappear once she took the mask off as the theme park was exploding.

Oh, heaven, that Clayface is horrible!!

Does anyone have Croc in hand and opened? I've been debating whether or not I should get him in case they announce BTAS Croc soon. He looks like a good figure though.

Looking at TAS Clayface, maybe if we saw him in a hunched over pose, he might look better. Perhaps that's why his head looks so small. It's the angle because he's standing straight up and not bent forward.

I agree. I noticed that with my Croc figure too, his head and proportions looked a bit off when he is standing straight up but when you bend his torso down he has the normal "hunched over" look. I'll reserve judgement on the Clayface figure until we see him in the hunched over position since he has that same midsection joint that Croc has.

https://youtu.be/l0r2313vSu0

Thanks JayC

At least the eyes look bigger with the ears on Bats :clap

Maybe after Xmas I'll get the two pack when I get some more money .

Looks like I can wait on this, no big deal

Out of curiosity, do any of these have painted teeth? I picked mine up today, and I'm not sure if I've seen a single pic online of one where he had white teeth.

Out of curiosity, do any of these have painted teeth? I picked mine up today, and I'm not sure if I've seen a single pic online of one where he had white teeth.

image.jpg

****, I might check my LCS again and see if I can switch him.

https://youtu.be/l0r2313vSu0

Thanks JayC

At least the eyes look bigger with the ears on Bats :clap

Maybe after Xmas I'll get the two pack when I get some more money .

Looks like I can wait on this, no big deal

Thanks for finding the image gallery!

Jesus, take the wheel....

:thud:

This new Batman head is so beyond better than the first one.

Amazing sculpt!!

Well done, DCC!!

The symbol/emblem on the new Batman is wider than the one on the first Bats, too.

So, they did sculpt a new torso for this new Batman as well.

Phantasm looks fantastic! I really can't wait to get her. For Batman they could have at least add the side articulation in his feet. He is not worth getting if you already have one unless you plan to put him in Batmobile.

Now the new set. Both Bats and Firefly look great but I will not be getting them. Harley is a bit disappointing but I will still pick her up and I really want BTAS Clayface but from this photo he looks horrible - I hope they will fix it!

I scooped the last Phantasm two pack from my LCS today. I'm glad I secured this set, but sad my Batman doesn't have painted teeth. So far, I've only seen one picture with white teeth (albeit posted multiple times).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why does Batman's face from the Phantasm two pack look different from the single release? Is it because they represent a different style of animation, one being from a film and the other from a specific episode, or did DCC just improved the likeness...even though they are both new figures and they went into production around the same time?

Why does Batman's face from the Phantasm two pack looks different from the single release? Is it because they represent a different style of animation, one being from a film and the other from a specific episode, or did DCC just improved the likeness...even though they are both new figures and they went into production around the same time?

Since Mask of the Phantasm is separate from the regular series, I guess they wasn't willing to make a complete action figure line for the film itself.
But, since Phantasm is a popular character and there is popular demand for it, they wanted to produce the figure anyway.

However, to make it more "attractive", a 2-pack would be ideal, I'd say. So, who else than Batman to be the second figure?
But how not to completely duplicate it?

That said, the first reason would be Irene and the DCC team's wish to make a new Batman.
A "battle damaged" look would probably be better, yes.

But then I'd say they heard fans' complain about first Batman's head after its announcement mid-2014.
However, it was probably already in production, so they couldn't cancel it.
That probably crushed their "battle damaged Batman" idea, as they now "had to" make it up to the fans.

Then, they decided to make a new "regular" Batman with a new and better head, but not with the "simple" expression, but rather a more "angry" one, which is also very typical of Batman.

Ew. Poor Clayface. He was one of the show's better villains (alongside Two-Face, Mr. Freeze and Mad Hatter.) Taking a character that had been pretty marginal and turning him into a genuinely pitiful specimen. The Feat of Clay two-parter are two of the best episodes in the history of the show. So...why are they basing the figure's look on Mudslide, the much less interesting episode? They could have included a lot of the alternate Matt Hagen heads and hands if they based it off Feat of Clay, Part 2. And why base Penguin on The Strange Secret of Bruce Wayne and not, say, Birds of a Feather, his best episode? And why base Joker on the Last Laugh instead of any of the many, many great Joker episodes? The choices in this line puzzle me sometimes.

Since Mask of the Phantasm is separate from the regular series, I guess they wasn't willing to make a complete action figure line for the film itself.
But, since Phantasm is a popular character and there is popular demand for it, they wanted to produce the figure anyway.

However, to make it more "attractive", a 2-pack would be ideal, I'd say. So, who else than Batman to be the second figure?
But how not to completely duplicate it?

That said, the first reason would be Irene and the DCC team's wish to make a new Batman.
A "battle damaged" look would probably be better, yes.

But then I'd say they heard fans' complain about first Batman's head after its announcement mid-2014.
However, it was probably already in production, so they couldn't cancel it.
That probably crushed their "battle damaged Batman" idea, as they now "had to" make it up to the fans.

Then, they decided to make a new "regular" Batman with a new and better head, but not with the "simple" expression, but rather a more "angry" one, which is also very typical of Batman.

I can see that. I haven't bought the single BTAS Batman yet, so I'm not sure if I should skip it and just get the two pack, which I was going to get anyway. It's just that I wanted a single BTAS Batman as a single figure in the box. Part of me wants to believe that the first release is representing a different style with the eyes squinting.

Ack, Clayface needs a LOT of work. I can imagine that he's not an easy figure to do.

To add to this line, I really want animated Mutant Leader, Miller Batman, Miller Robin, and 50's Batman, Robin and Joker from the "Legends of the Dark Knight" episode.

Our reaction to the reveal. [emoji1]
0518fe040fbecf344b013b62f32ef4a3.jpg

Back