DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Other than the head looking a tad small I actually like the clayface
....now Harley on the other hand....

Looking at TAS Clayface, maybe if we saw him in a hunched over pose, he might look better. Perhaps that's why his head looks so small. It's the angle because he's standing straight up and not bent forward.

Yes unpainted teeth

I'll add a pic. Tonight

Wait, do you mean Phantasm's missing teeth :lol

I thought you meant Bats missing the teeth, I didn't think about Phantasm..should be an easy paint fix for Phantasm

Looking at TAS Clayface, maybe if we saw him in a hunched over pose, he might look better. Perhaps that's why his head looks so small. It's the angle because he's standing straight up and not bent forward.

What hand attachments would everyone like to see on Clay..Ax, claws, Mallet with spikes

Ax would be the go to add on.

Ax would be the go to add on.

I think clay had a pitch fork looking object as well. I can't remember if he had others in the return episode when he disintigrated into the water at the end. Thank god for Amazon video, i"ll revisit the episodes

I for my case would say just forget about this line. DCC just CAN'T do it right!
sculpting issues, material issues, painting issues and so on!
I baught the BTAS Batman and he fell only ONCE. immediately some paint of the left ear rubbed off! never had something like that with figures of other producers!

That's one way to look at it. I'd challenge you to point us to a better line of Batman-related animated toys, from any cartoon, in the 76 year history of the character. This is easily the best line in that regard. Great sculpts, normally great paint apps, improved quality, great character selection, and something unheard of for 6-7 inch figures these days: a Batmobile.

I think DCC is probably our best bet to get everything we want from the line, vehicles and side characters. Some of the best Batman figures are coming from NECA with their shrunken 1/4 scale figures. That 89 batman is one of the best looking Batman figures I own. Ledger joker is significantly better than anything mattel produces, same with the 66 Batman. Honestly I wanted NECA to get the BTAS license. I can see NECA putting out vehicles if the line sells well, predators got a kenner vehicle. But DCC has proven that they want to really push this line with all the side characters they can fit and hopefully branching to JLU so I'm happy with them doing figures for now. Some of the DCC stuff is perfect like Riddler. Theres also some off ones like Tim Drake robin who's head seems a little too big.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH

Yeah, right... It "should forget about this line", because one of the figures had inconsistent paint app and the other's sculpt didn't please some fans.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

OF COURSE, as if all other companies haven't had any kind of issues with their figures and all of the their figures please everyone.
Yeah, right.

My friend, do yourself a favor: just take a deep look (I mean a really deep look; research with reviews etc) at the other mainstream companies, like Neca, Hot Toys and Bandai, ok?
Then, you will wish you'd forget about collecting. Farewell.

Clay face looks absolutely horrible hahaha, its so funny! I can't stop laughing at his head.

Now we know why no photos were allowed in July :)

Fingers crossed Clayface gets a complete redo because that just looks terrible so far. He has gone from a must buy to a very unlikely for me. Which is a shame as I am a big fan of the Clayface episodes

Man, I just don't understand some of the decisions in this line.

I hope it's just a case of bad photoshopping when they added him to that graphic. It does look like the sides of his head are missing. Otherwise he looks fantastic.

Firefly looks perfect, as does the Batman figure but it's not one I'm excited about. I was expecting a totally different head sculpt for Harley going on the info we got a while back.

We should calm down and just wait for the real big reveal at the Toy Fair in February, where we'll see Clayface physically, from all angles.

A mare 2D photo never does any figure justice. We should know this by now, we are professionals.

Also: remember that DCC changed Batman's head on the second prototype photo of the Phantasm 2-pack and also Riddler's collar on his second proto photo.

Harley does have a different head sculpt.

Those figures look nice. Not too interested in Clayface, though. I still need to get TNBA Robin, Nightwing, Scarecrow, before these new ones come out.

Now we know why no photos were allowed in July :)

[emoji38] Hahaha nice.
If they would make his face bigger and lower in that headpiece, I think it would make a huge difference.

I LOVE Batman and Firefly, though.

Yeah, Firefly and the Fire Batman look great. Very cool looking.

They've handled the TNBA figures better than the BTAS ones.

So will DCC do exchanges for those who want a Phantasm set with painted teeth Batman?

And will we see a figure of Phantasm unmasked?

DCC, give us another Phantasm two pack ... Phantasm unmasked and bloody, beaten Joker with Hazel!

Back