DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Awesome job man! Gotta do the same to my own, but will be another week till I get him haha.

I know yours will smoke mine can't wait to see what you come up with :wave

I want to do the blue highlights soooo bad but I'm afraid I might screw it up :thud:

Great job on that Batman, Guyver! Did you remove the head to paint it? And I'm assuming you just took a thin brush and filled in the existing outline, correct?

Great job on that Batman, Guyver! Did you remove the head to paint it? And I'm assuming you just took a thin brush and filled in the existing outline, correct?

Nope I didn't actually remove the head, I got nervous I might break it. I just relied on my gundam customizing skills and used a steady hand. Trust me it wasn't easy. It looks like such a simple design but it's a pain if you are not used to customizing such a smaller scale. The eyes drove me crazy because of the shapes of the bottom edges of the eye sculpt. Thank god for Amazon Prime and the Fire Tv, I had to literally go back and forth looking at the shape of his eyes in each episode each time I experimented :slap

Same with the " Laugh Lines " I guess as people refer it. It wasn't quite there each time I tried it, It was either too light, too faint, too short, etc.

Then I noticed that a lot of the episodes showed giving him a line under his chin so I tried that, When I did it really changed the shading and how the light would react to the shading. It blended so much better.

Again it's just my view. Maybe I'm nitpicking too much but I like how any light makes it pop :yes:

My main goal was to try not to lose the intensity of factory paint and mold of the sculpt because that's what I liked the most about the factory sculpting and I didn't want to lose the essence of the cartoon either :lecture

Last edited:

Yeah, guyver!!!
Excellent work, man!! He looks spot on!!

Can't wait to add those highlights on mine too! Those are the only things missing on him.

*****k those nitipicking Kenner Stans! This is our Batman!

Can't thank DCC enough for this line.

Absolutely loving these figures, but i'm hating the stands. Might have to make some myself

*****k those nitipicking Kenner Stans! This is our Batman!

Dude seriously chill and stop worrying that people don't like things the exact same way you do. Be it either Combat Belt vs DCC or BTAS vs BTNA.

You like what you like and other people like what they like.

In the end we are all Batman Animated fans.

Absolutely loving these figures, but i'm hating the stands. Might have to make some myself

My only beef with the stands is how most have the rods sticking out at the back. I've been wondering if I should just snap them off.

Just got an update....

My shipment got delayed until tomorrow

Where did you order from?

You guys are so making me want the other figures I promised not to buy, i mean all three big local toy stores in my city have them all, and surprising have not sold out

Sent from Le iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk - now Free

I knew Tim Robin was short but maybe it's the photos but he looks like a midget with tiny legs and huge arms :horror

DC is killing me with all these releases all jammed up at the end of the year. Would really like to binge-buy.

I actually thought Tim would be even shorter.

Yeah, Tim is supposed to be super small, they actually did the reverse of the BTAS Robin and made him a tad bigger I think, haha. His ankles are super thick, bleh. I understand why though. Still a great looking figure, I ordered mine right away since he was my most anticipated. I can't wait to get him in.

I made some changes to the last set :)

The Riddler - I only painted the smile with slightly darker color and the eyes a bit whiter to make the figure pop.

Batgirl - I had to fix one of the bat ears as it was shorted than the other and full face repaint, now she is showing the skin under her mask like she should.

Batman - I'm still working on him but I re scluped the head slightly (photos coming soon-ish)

SO much better! Cant wait to see your resculpted Batman head. Should be a huge improvement.

Man, I miss painted skin tones on DCC figures.

Back