DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

I watched "The Man Who Killed Batman" last night, which is the episode the DCC Harley Quinn figure is based on. I kept an eye out for what she interacted with thinking about what she might have as accessories, and there wasn't much other than a harmonica/kazoo type thing and a stash of jewelry from the shop heist.

I'm kinda hoping none of those are her accessories though. I don't think I'd end up taking those out of the package at all. Maybe one or two jewels, but even then I doubt I'd display her with them for long.

What I'm really hoping for though is her babies!! She didn't exactly interact with the hyenas in the episode, but they were in it. How awesome would it be if she came with Bud & Lou as her accessories! Just those and extra hands would be perfect. Considering what Joker came with though, there's a good chance she'll just have extra hands, a handkerchief, a kazoo, and a selection of jewels.....

I watched "The Man Who Killed Batman" last night, which is the episode the DCC Harley Quinn figure is based on. I kept an eye out for what she interacted with thinking about what she might have as accessories, and there wasn't much other than a harmonica/kazoo type thing and a stash of jewelry from the shop heist.

I'm kinda hoping none of those are her accessories though. I don't think I'd end up taking those out of the package at all. Maybe one or two jewels, but even then I doubt I'd display her with them for long.

What I'm really hoping for though is her babies!! She didn't exactly interact with the hyenas in the episode, but they were in it. How awesome would it be if she came with Bud & Lou as her accessories! Just those and extra hands would be perfect. Considering what Joker came with though, there's a good chance she'll just have extra hands, a handkerchief, a kazoo, and a selection of jewels.....

What about the mallet? I thought the mallet was one of her accessories?

Nope. Literally all she handled in that episode was a kazoo, a handkerchief and some jewels.

It actually makes me wonder why they decided to go with that particular episode for Harley. There were much better choices of episodes accessory-wise, such as "Harlequinnade" where she had a trick hand, firing grapple Jester cane, giant staple firing gun thingy, bang flag gun, handcuffs, duffle bag, bone, steak and interacted with Bud & Lou. Or "Harley & Ivy, where she had a handbag, glass cutter, Harlequin diamond, pop gun, bazooka, and a 'Mr. J' salad.

Anyway, I'm sure they had their reasons for choosing "The Man Who Killed Batman", but I am left scratching my head as to why they didn't pick one where she interacted with better stuff.

I'm feeling a bit turned around here. With the delays on wave 2 of these figures, were we ever given a new estimate for the arrival of ManBat? That's all I really care about. ManBat. It's all about ManBat. :lol

(I've got this wall display idea for a ManBat / Batman showdown that I just can't shake...)

I agree, brother. I asked my retailer about it, before, and he checked the Diamond database. Joker was supposed to come out March 11th, as was Robin, but Man-Bat was still "TBD." That made me sad because he looks ridiculously badass.

I agree, brother. I asked my retailer about it, before, and he checked the Diamond database. Joker was supposed to come out March 11th, as was Robin, but Man-Bat was still "TBD." That made me sad because he looks ridiculously badass.

Man BAT is a MUST!!!!

I'm assuming it's like Batman, and he has two separate capes, with one looking better, and the other allowing for more posing options.

Has wave 2 been officially released?

wlpu1z.jpg

2d8ox11.jpg

Funny enough they are out in Japan... for some reason and now rolling into various stores in US, you guys should see them next week

Nope, not on diamonds list for next week or the week after. But the week after still can change.

Just got my replacement figure and it is indeed a different plastic. The joints aren't all tight and they move with ease but hold their position. It also came with the instructions including images of wave 2.

Is there any way to tell from packaging which version. I love the Batman, but three purchased, two broken. Son fed the dog my first one, which was problem free.

Is there any way to tell from packaging which version. I love the Batman, but three purchased, two broken. Son fed the dog my first one, which was problem free.

Don't think you can tell without opening the package. Got mine as a replacement from DCC. Ordered my original two from BBTS and both broke. BBTS would only do one replacement without me sending the entire set back so since all my others were good at that point, I reached out to DCC and they hooked me up.

If you were able to salvage the boot form the figure the dog ate, you can do the ol boil and pop.

DCC just posted the official solicits to retailers for wave 5, and they list Bane as 7 inches which is taller than they previously stated (Which was 6.25 inches). So that's good news!

Edit: I updated this image accordingly.

Last edited:

I got tired of waiting for these to show up in UK so I ordered The Joker and Man Bat from Japan. I will let you know once they arrive but they are being shipped by snail mail (slow airmail) so this might take a while :)

Back