DC Direct 13" Superman (Classic)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my Superman Classic today and I love it. It's second only to Captain Marvel, but they do look good together.

wookilar8den059.jpg

wookilar8den062.jpg

Well I got my Classic Superman today from Alter Ego (Marc - if you're reading this, I like the new packaging material your using better than those air pillows! Less box crushing action going on) today and overall I'm very happy with him!

The "S" is a little too low on the front and too high on the cape, but it's not something I can't live with. Much better head sculpt than the first Superman they released. Not sure if I'll use that one for Clark Kent or just display him somewhere else.

Three 13" DCD figures in 5 weeks. Whew. Now we get an 8 week hiatus until Martian Manhunter ships!

I like this Supes, but I'd have to wait to find it for a bargain or a good trade. So for a while it seems like ol Cap is my only 13" DCD figure. I'd totally grab a Golden Age Green Lantern or Golden Age Flash too, I'm a sucker for the classics.

I think DCD's 13" bodies are the best on the figure market.

Man, if you combined DID's detailed accessories and clothes, when DCD's 13" body, and SideShow's face sculpts we would have the ultimate figures on the market.

Eli26 said:
I think DCD's 13" bodies are the best on the figure market.

Man, if you combined DID's detailed accessories and clothes, when DCD's 13" body, and SideShow's face sculpts we would have the ultimate figures on the market.
DCD bodies are almost as bad, if not worse than Sideshow's. Hot Toys and medicom still make the best bodies.

carbo-fation said:
DCD bodies are almost as bad, if not worse than Sideshow's. Hot Toys and medicom still make the best bodies.

Although DCD's bodies are a bit overdone, and the cut joints should be eliminated or placed more strategically. you HAVE to have a muscular body to make these superhero figures look right, what with the form-fitting spandex suits. The standard Sideshow body would look pretty anemic in those outfits, as would most standard 1/6-scale bodies. Overall I think the body is suitable, and will look great for Martian Manhunter and (hopefully soon!) Hawkman, but could be improved upon and toned-down a bit for the less muscular characters (Flash, Lex Luthor).

DCD bodies are OK, but not much wrist movement. For Cap. Marvel and Supes the hugeness works, but I think even Bats should be toned down a notch. But the plus is, they're really sturdy.

Back