DC Direct 13" Superman (Classic)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think DC collectors (like myself) have been so horny for a decent larger scale figure in some of the lesser made figs like GL and Flash and old school comic Bats that most all of these will sell out without a problem.

They are a bit too expensive but with the exception of Two Face they aren't that bad really. If HT, Medicom or SS can ever get the license to produce these then we all know they would blow DC Direct out of the water but until then DCD will have to do.:cool:

Cocoboloboy said:
I think DC collectors (like myself) have been so horny for a decent larger scale figure in some of the lesser made figs like GL and Flash and old school comic Bats that most all of these will sell out without a problem.

They are a bit too expensive but with the exception of Two Face they aren't that bad really. If HT, Medicom or SS can ever get the license to produce these then we all know they would blow DC Direct out of the water but until then DCD will have to do.:cool:

That's right! And if HT, Medi, or SS did get the license, I'd buy the characters all over again. :D

Jedi_Mike said:
If you want I'll take it off of your hands...:monkey5
You can have it for about what I paid, but the figure has been out and displayed. his regular suit I believe is still unopened. PM me.

Anyone want to sell a Clark suit? I'm dying to die it black and make a more modern Lex.

Darklord Dave said:
Anyone want to sell a Clark suit? I'm dying to die it black and make a more modern Lex.
If no one is interested in the whole figure here, I'll sell you the suit.

Dave, if you get a spare suit and successfully dye it, let me know your procedure. I want to dye one of my two a brighter blue to make a custom SPIRIT figure (SS Larry Talbot hat works great as well). I've never attempted it and am not sure how it would turn out.

Got mine about an hour ago from the local comic shop. I'm diggin' the long cape but I'm a little annoyed at the film that is around the edge of the S emblem. Not that noticeable unless your way up close though.

Cocoboloboy said:
Got mine about an hour ago from the local comic shop. I'm diggin' the long cape but I'm a little annoyed at the film that is around the edge of the S emblem. Not that noticeable unless your way up close though.

attachment.php

c'est brutal! :lol thanks for sharing your pix!

Hurry up Monday.....I need a DC fix! Big thanks to those of you that posted pictures and/or thoughts on the Superman figure. :D

I really wish Medi would do some DC comic characters like they did Marvel. I think what would be best for Medicom is to do them in the Animated style of the JLU cartoons. That or Ed McGuiness style, Medicom does do great human likeness now, but I just love their comic/cartoony style too on things like Anime characters and the Marvel Comics line.

PosterBoyKelly said:
I really wish Medi would do some DC comic characters like they did Marvel. I think what would be best for Medicom is to do them in the Animated style of the JLU cartoons. That or Ed McGuiness style, Medicom does do great human likeness now, but I just love their comic/cartoony style too on things like Anime characters and the Marvel Comics line.

I think there is a good likelihood that WON'T happen.I'm sorry to say that because I'd love to see Medicom do DC comic character figures as well (just like their Marvel ones) aside from just DC movie figures.

The problem is that DC (and their parent company Time-Warner) is SO up-tight and anal-retentive about their character properties.They keep most of their action figure character licenses to their own in-house brand: DC Direct.

Though Mattel has the license for the JLU animated style figures and the DC Superheroes line....what many people don't really know is that the DC Superheroes line is ONLY limited to Batman and Superman characters. So the chances that you'll get Flash,Green Lantern,Wonder Woman, and all their villains,etc. are none. This pisses off a lot of collectors because Mattel's DC Superheroes line are some of the most articulated DC figures ever made and many of us want more characters.DC Direct really does not do any additional articulation at all and most of their figures are no different than statues.

While we see that Marvel has flooded the market with their character properties,we see Spider-man,X-Men and Marvel characters EVERYWHERE and from a variety of companies....DC "plays it safe" and since most of their action figure licenses are locked down tight with DC Direct,the chances are slim to none.

I know...I know...but I hope. It's one of those things where since Medi got to do Batman Begins and Supes Returns I had a secret hope. The realistic hope is for the 13" line to get better, which it seems to be doing. Hopefully in a year or so we'll see if. bodies (some thinner) and some better sculpts, which again we've seen starting with Captain Marvel (Andy, take OVER THERE!) What started bugging me was their ladies, after seeing that horrible Catwoman, but after seeing Batgirl I have more hope again. Seeing the progress happen is really encouraging, and I hope they get better and better.

Amen to progress. I honestly did not think this line would go as far as it has. While there are bumps in the road (lot of bumbs by my counts) I think DCD is starting to learn about accessories. The next Nightwing, Batman and Batgirl appear to be coming with a lot of cool gadgets.

Well I hate the Ed McGuiness style figures DCD is doing - although DCD loves them since they can use the same body for everybody.

But I prefer these DCD figures over the Medicom comicbook ones. Those are too animated/anime style for me. The Alex Ross treatment these are getting is just fine. Now that I have a lot of them the scale doesn't really bother me any more than all my movie Medis being out of scale with other 1/6.

I was sick this week and didn't get mine till Saturday. I'm very happy with the much improved headsculpt over Superman V.1. The costume is also nicer than the first and I do prefer the longer cape which I guess is really more like modern than silver age, but I'm not complaining. Still has zippers on the boots though. I wish someone would explain to the PTB they don't serve any purpose but to mess up the appearance of the figure from the back. This is probably the second best figure DCD has done after Captain Marvel. I'm very happy with my new "Man of Tomorrow". Can't wait for the Neal Adams style Batman now.
I also crossed completely to the darksde and got my first doll-doll, Tonner Supergirl. It's really nice but it's going on eBay. I just can't quite find it in my heart to put it on display. Not because my friends will make fun of me, they already do for other reasons, but geez, it's REALLY a DOLL!!! I just thought it would be more action figurey. Completely irrational on my part. Pretty face though and nice costume if your thinking of getting one. If it were 1/6th I'd be thrilled with it.

chamildav said:
I also crossed completely to the darksde and got my first doll-doll, Tonner Supergirl. It's really nice but it's going on eBay. I just can't quite find it in my heart to put it on display. Not because my friends will make fun of me, they already do for other reasons, but geez, it's REALLY a DOLL!!! I just thought it would be more action figurey. Completely irrational on my part. Pretty face though and nice costume if your thinking of getting one. If it were 1/6th I'd be thrilled with it.

I bought the Tonner Wonder Woman and Supergirl releases. I think they are both great items. I'll be picking up the upcoming Batgirl, Superman, Batman, and Joker from Tonner as well.

Tonner makes a top-quality product! Don't get behind on the DC Stars line Dave. :D

Back