DC Direct 13" Superman (Classic)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it the way he's posed or is he really that much bigger than the other two DC 13"?

Today 12:46 AM
Jedi_Mike Is it the way he's posed or is he really that much bigger than the other two DC 13"?

Nope same height and body. pix perspective was way off.

414685155_f625f02a07.jpg

414684564_3166742502.jpg

Last edited:
Shaun! Thanks for the pics :D That headsculpt is looking much better than the Supes V1 does.

Yeah I like it a lot! Wanna go grab one now lol, but I gotta wait! Very cool to see DC getting better. I'd like a new Batman, preferably first issue long ears! The Blue is ok too though.

what are you guys paying for this one? my local comic shop is asking $70 for superman and $60 for the other DC figures. both prices are way too high for the crappy body and cheap looking clothing. does DC think they are hot toys?

no freaking way i'm paying this much. these look like $30 figures.

shaun, when did the medicom clark kent come out? i thought i had pre-ordered one. i guess not!:rotfl

The retail on the older ones was $59.99 (except for the 1st Superman I think) and since Shazam the price went up to $69.99.

I looked at one these yesterday in a Comicbook shop, I wasn't sure whether I would get one as I have the 1st Supes they did. I think the Sculpt is rather bland and weak. I do agree that the 1st figure's head is off the Superman mark, but it is a great about of detail to the face and does look real-ish, where's this one is far too standard, lifeless and look like it was done in a day...

So far I think only Captain Marvel (Shazam) is worth $60. Also, it's the only game in town for DC sadly enough.

PosterBoyKelly said:
So far I think only Captain Marvel (Shazam) is worth $60. Also, it's the only game in town for DC sadly enough.

i wonder how this line is selling. my local comic shop had every figure made in this line, except the movie versions, the first superman and green lantern.

i just can't accept that a figure which is basically a spandex bodysuit and cape costs $60 or $70 bucks. that's just crazy. DC really shot themselves in the foot not making these in the proper 1/6th scale and in the $35-$40 price range.

if we were getting hot toys or medicom quality i'd definatley pay more, but these are really just a small step above the mass market stuff you'd find in wal-mart.

Darklord Dave said:
I got the medi Clark about 1 month before the HT Clark.

crap, i had one on pre-order at one of the US vendors. or i thought i did. is he still available anywhere?

DC really shot themselves in the foot not making these in the proper 1/6th scale and in the $35-$40 price range.

Have to agree with this, it'd be nice if they were in scale with Marvel Icons too.

i wonder how this line is selling. my local comic shop had every figure made in this line, except the movie versions, the first superman and green lantern.

my LCS brought in limited quantities of each, I had to pick them up on the very same day they were released.

carbo-fation
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun
Hi, nope the classic version is due in November.

https://www.allnerdreview.com/TOYFAIR...ges/dcd033.jpg

This version came out awhile back, but its still not that difficult to find.

Hope it helps.
Thank you very much!

glad to help. :)

That is what I have to do as well Shaun. That and it secures in my mind that I get the best paint jobs on my figures. :chew

I have to admit that we're lucky here that we have the luxury to choose the piece before buying, rather then depending on, and trusting an online retailer to ship a toy blindly to us. Online shipping charges most of the time work out to more than what the figure would cost if we just bought it from our specialty toy stores.

I believe these are incredibly successful for DCD as they have quite a few planned. My LCS has 2 Flash left and I picked up the next to last of the new Superman the night of release. They told me only Two-Face was a tough sell, Luthor kind of slow, but the rest disappeared.

shaun said:
I have to admit that we're lucky here that we have the luxury to choose the piece before buying, rather then depending on, and trusting an online retailer to ship a toy blindly to us. Online shipping charges most of the time work out to more than what the figure would cost if we just bought it from our specialty toy stores.

You are lucky Shaun. The closest cities to me with comic shops are Salt Lake City, Utah (4 hours northwest of me) and Denver, Colorado (4 hours east of me). So my only option is to order them via an online source.

Even when I was living in Phoenix, Arizona, the shops there would only bring in one figure, if any at all. Maybe that's changed since the line has gained a fanbase and seems to be selling well.

Can't wait to live in big city again! Going from a city with 3.5 million people to a city with about 100,000 just sucks. :monkey2

Back