Premium Format DC Direct 1:4 Scale Catwoman Museum Quality Statue Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks downright horrible. Like a mangled Russian factory worker with an awkwardly constructed artificial right leg, clumsily clad in a glossy garbage bag.
You're an indiscriminate statue hoarder, so I have no doubt you'll end up paying nearly 400$ for this mess despite expressing utter disdain for this piece earlier on. You basically end up buying every single statue that comes out every year on top of buying customs. Not that that is necessarily a bad thing, that is how you choose to spend your hard earned money. I'm just pointing out that you always find ways to like everything no matter how bad it is...

Really :lol Thanks for thinking me that way buddy *rolleyes* :slap

Just a note, I have never bought a custom statue ever! I traded statue parts to get a custom piece done. That hardly falls into the category of buying customs. Looks like you got out of the wrong side of the bed today. It's either that or your having PMS syndroms.

Last edited:
Really :lol Thanks for thinking me that way buddy *rolleyes* :slap

Just a note, I have never bought a custom statue ever! I traded statue parts to get a custom piece done. That hardly falls into the category of buying customs. Looks like you got out of the wrong side of the bed today. It's either that or your having PMS syndroms.

Naw don't mistake me for Nash :lol I thought your White Queen was a custom

Ok, so I went to a local comic store today and they had Catwoman. So, we opened her up and she is WAYYY better in person, than any pics.

LOL, I ended up getting her, because Catwoman is one of my top two favorite comic characters of all time. I also, got a decent deal, and did not pay retail. I do admit, I was very meh about her when the first pics showed up, but she looks awesome in person.

DSCN2775.jpg

DSCN2776.jpg

DSCN2778.jpg

DSCN2781.jpg

DSCN2782.jpg

DSCN2791.jpg

DSCN2792.jpg

DSCN2794.jpg

DSCN2795.jpg

I knew you'd break, NorthernLadMSP. Its not every day that 1/4 PF's of your favorite character come out. :)
Those are the best in hand pics I've seen of this piece so far..VS was actually right about her looking much better with the goggles (it hides those soulless and expressionless eyes)
I'm not too crazy about the base or over sized construction boots!? And that "whip" is pretty bad.
The suit and skin tone look so much nicer in these pics though! Love her gloves, very nice details...
I'm glad you got a deal on her, hopefully you did not spend over 250$ for this.
Overall I'm giving this piece a solid 7.8/10 based on your superb pics :duff

Looks good North.... Congrats on your Catwoman.

Leonardis you are one funny dude :lol Shockingly you now give this a 7.8/10 yet before that, you were ditching it almost completely.

Last edited:
As amusing as this is.....

Its not just the costume..Everything about the DCD Catwoman looks cheap and subpar. DCD seems to have picked the cheapest materials possible..She looks like both her hips and right leg are badly broken!? Her face is downright ugly; She also lacks sex appeal and looks like a boring soulless mannequin. As much as I don't like AH's flat, shapeless, anorexic Catwoman, at least his version has charisma...Yeah 350$ for this abomination? I'd be charitable if I paid 50$ for this...Seriously, why the hell is it so hard for for these artists to design a proper Catwoman!?

catwoman-statue.jpg

It looks downright horrible. Like a mangled Russian factory worker with an awkwardly constructed artificial right leg, clumsily clad in a glossy garbage bag.
You're an indiscriminate statue hoarder, so I have no doubt you'll end up paying nearly 400$ for this mess despite expressing utter disdain for this piece earlier on. You basically end up buying every single statue that comes out every year on top of buying customs. Not that that is necessarily a bad thing, that is how you choose to spend your hard earned money. I'm just pointing out that you always find ways to like everything no matter how bad it is...

This is even funnier. :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl
I essentially agree with your assessment of the statue,but I do think that your description is is hilarious.
The face definitely lacks emotion, and certainly doesn't have the expression that one would ever expect Catwoman to have in a memorable moment, and why would anyone make a statue in anything but a depiction of a character in a memorable moment? Its a beautiful sculpt of the face, but it does look very mannequin-like.

The problem with the material is that it is far too thick to be used at this scale and conform to the shape of the body right. It would need to be made of more pieces, with more seams, to fit. Of course, more seams at this scale with fabric that thick would change the shape, and make it look less appealing. I think this is the use of fabric just for it's own sake. They believe people will be sooo excited about the fact that it's made with a real fabric outfit that people will overlook it's shortcomings Save some money on production costs by just painting it, and get a better looking statue. The boots should fit snug against her legs. That is what all of those laces sculpted into the boots are FOR. That type of boot is designed to be adjusted to the form of the leg by adjusting the laces. Now it looks like a one piece molded boot (which it is), that is sculpted to look like a laced one. Failure!

I have no interest in this piece. I wouldn't mind the AH Catwoman, but I can't justify the money.

You can expect Toy Companies to compensate for the rising production costs in China (offer products of lesser and lesser quality while increasing the price tag more and more).
Look at the letter I got from CS Moore recently regarding my preordered Magdalena..It pretty much explains the situation...

"Dear ___,

I'm writing to let you know that we have had to make a price change on our upcoming Magdalena Artifacts Statue, from $199.00 to $239.00. As seen in numerous news reports, China is changing rapidly and prices and lead times have begun to be affected. As a result, our manufacturing cost on Magdalena came in dramatically higher than any other female statue we've done, and after extensive efforts to reduce costs and make this release viable at $199.00, we have made the difficult decision to increase the price.

We have also had to push back the release date for this statue to June 2012. As a result, for customers who preordered on the four payment plan, we will not be collecting payments three and four until May and June.

This is the first price change we have ever made on one of our statues. To show our appreciation for your business, and to help offset this price increase, we are offering a $25.00 discount coupon exclusively to collectors who have preordered the Magdalena Artifacts Statue direct from our website prior to this announcement. This one-time use coupon is good on any purchase of $25.00 or more on our website, and can be applied towards in-stock items as well as balance payments on preorders including Magdalena. Just enter coupon code ___ at checkout, or contact us at [email protected] to redeem. This coupon expires on 1/17/13, is non-transferable, and does not apply to prior purchases.

In addition, we have decided to release a limited edition variant of the Magdalena Artifacts Statue, similar to the variant we did with the Angelus Statue. Collectors who have ordered the regular Magdalena Artifacts Statue prior to January 16 will have the opportunity to either transfer their order and deposit to this variant edition (at the variant edition price), or to preorder the variant in addition to their order, and receive matching numbers. We will have full details on this piece including pricing, edition size and photos in the next week.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding this change, please contact us. Thank you for your understanding, and for your business"

I knew you'd break, NorthernLadMSP. Its not every day that 1/4 PF's of your favorite character come out. :)
Those are the best in hand pics I've seen of this piece so far..VS was actually right about her looking much better with the goggles (it hides those soulless and expressionless eyes)
I'm not too crazy about the base or over sized construction boots!? And that "whip" is pretty bad.
The suit and skin tone look so much nicer in these pics though! Love her gloves, very nice details...
I'm glad you got a deal on her, hopefully you did not spend over 250$ for this.
Overall I'm giving this piece a solid 7.8/10 based on your superb pics :duff

LOL, I know, I caved. The two things I would really change would be tightening the suit a bit, and the whip. I agree the whip is not the best.

Looks good North.... Congrats on your Catwoman.

Leonardis you are one funny dude :lol Shockingly you now give this a 7.8/10 yet before that, you were ditching it almost completely.

Well holmes...Would you agree that there's a big discrepancy between these pictures :monkey4

catwoman-statue.jpg
DSCN2781.jpg

Ok I got my Catwoman today sorry I did not post pics but I was to angry to do so.

Mine came had a cracked neck and she had some kind of black dotting pattern over her face.

Not sure what the deal is here but Im tempted to ask for a refund but the place I bought it from is sending me a replacement.

Will see how it goes so far not impressed with my first Dc museum piece.

Ok I got my replacement here are a few quick pics.

I really like this statue I do hate the grey boots and gloves.
I think I will repaint those at some point.

012-1.jpg

004-3.jpg

006-4.jpg

007-6.jpg

005-5.jpg

003-3.jpg

011-7.jpg

There's no way I'm getting this but I understand its a must have for diehard Catwoman fans. Her rack looks real nice btw

Painter X love the custom paint on your Mary Jane btw! And yes those unsightly grey boots on CW need to be painted black!

There's no way I'm getting this but I understand its a must have for diehard Catwoman fans. Her rack looks real nice btw

Painter X love the custom paint on your Mary Jane btw! And yes those unsightly grey boots on CW need to be painted black!

This statue is not that bad I will post more pics when I paint my gloves and boots. I wish I had
another pair of goggles for her i would like to paint the lenses red

The MJ is a repaint Im doing for a client

meh...glad I passed on this one. IMO.

Same, I saw it in person at my local comic shop and I think I'll wait until sideshow decides to make a 1/4 PF of catwoman. Hell, I'm half tempted to get that legendary scale catwoman, not anytime soon though.

I have always been very critic with DC products, and especially with this piece in particular, but I must say I saw her the other day at a mall, and I must recognize that I was quite surprised at how good she looks in person.

Not enough to make me want it (I'll wait for SS version because I think she will look even better), but as Leonidas mentioned, good enough for any diehard Catwoman fan.

Back