Premium Format DC Direct 1:4 Scale Catwoman Museum Quality Statue Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
are you shocked? :dunno :rotfl

:lol Yes, I am shocked because given that now DC Direct is facing super strong competitions from Sideshow and Kotobukiya, they are still putting out horrible pieces like this.

IMG_6967.JPG

When the MQ DCD Catwoman first showed up, it looked pretty bad. Then there was some reworking of it and things looked better. Unfortunately, the Toy Fair pictures show it to be awful.

:exactly: There is no excuse for Adam Hughes to model a sex icon like Catwoman after an anorexic actress (Audrey Hepburn) known for the "lollypop" look. This is symptomatic of questionable artistic sense:dunno Lost respect for AH..

Audrey-Hepburn-sabrina-1954-12037073-1796-2400.jpg

Actually, I find Audrey Hepburn to be a very beautiful and classy woman who is also from the pin up era. When you consider that much of Adam Hughes artwork is based upon pin up art, I think a piece inspired by Audrey Hepburn is a rather expected design. I am not surprised in the slightest. I don't know all of his works, but I would not be surprised to see a Rita Hayworth in the future, if he hasn't done one yet. Sure, this Hepburn inspired Catwoman is slim, but not as slim as Hepburn herself was. I realize that you may strongly prefer a more voluptuous Catwoman, and that is understandable, but I think this is still an artistic win.

Hey guys, this is my first post here. I have been reading the forums here and on Statue Forum for awhile but finally got the nerve to join up. I was EXTREMELY nervous when I saw all the photos here on of this statue, and the awful quality it looked like. I run a comic shop in South Florida, and had two of this ordered for my shop (one for me). Waiting for our Diamond shipment on Tuesday was awful! When it finally arrived I opened up the box and was pleasantly surprised. The statue looks FAR better than any of the pictures I have seen on the net. Here is a picture I took just after I took her out of the box.

Alo4m8VCAAALPRl.jpg

Thoughts?

No problem! For some reason the administrators at Statue Forum denied my request to join there, so if anyone happens to know the moderators and could help me out that would be great, as I'd like to post this photo over there as well.

The statue is actually really, really great. Her pose IS a little awkward, but it's not too bad. The fabric on the suit is generally of pretty high quality, but it does bunch up a bit near her armpits and backside but you can definitely smooth it out. I do wish the gloves were black rather than the dark gray, but again, it's not terribly noticeable. The only thing I wish they would have done different is to keep the cat ears on her belt buckle. You can CLEARLY see on the box that DC Direct photoshopped the cat ears off the original photo pictures. The edges of the buckle are blurry in the photo on the box where they trimmed the ears off!

I have her displayed across from my Premium Format Ms Marvel and while the PF is nicer, there isn't a huge quality difference between the two (at least in my opinion).

Thanks Snoopy, that picture doesn't even do the piece justice. It is really nice. When I get home from work I'll try to take a few more pics and post them here.

I run Zaldiva Comics & Collectibles, we're in Oakland Park, Florida (basically Fort Lauderdale). I ordered two of these, one for myself and one for the shop. The one we ordered for the store has already sold :-\ When I get home tonight I will take more pics and post here.

PS Thanks to whoever posted my pics to Statue Forum. Still no idea why the moderators denied/banned me when I tried to register. If anyone knows the moderators there and could help me out, that'd be great!

Thanks

-Ryan

I run Zaldiva Comics & Collectibles, we're in Oakland Park, Florida (basically Fort Lauderdale). I ordered two of these, one for myself and one for the shop. The one we ordered for the store has already sold :-\ When I get home tonight I will take more pics and post here.

Cool, Ryan!

Is Catwoman's suit really that loose in the shoulders and midsection or is it just the video?

Hey guys..Despite what Sideshow fanboys have been saying about DCD's Catwoman, the actual statue looks quite good..Check her out in this video..don't let the Sideshow zealots fool you

Thanks for posting, the costume does look a bit loose, but at least both her eyes are looking in the same direction.

Last edited:
I'm going to attach some photos I took tonight. Sorry they're not bigger, the forum only allows a maximum of like 650 pixels for pic attachments.

I did my best with the little bit of lighting I have here in the room where I have my statues displayed. Maybe on Sunday I can try to take some pics with natural sunlight.

Let me know what you guys think!

Here are a few more...

Her costume is a little bit loose around her shoulders... BUT... you can smooth it out, and it really isn't that noticeable. I saw the video posted where it looked bulky, it just looks to me like whoever displayed it could have taken a little more time to present her nicely.

Overall my expectations were HIGH for this piece. Catwoman has been one of my favorite characters since I was a little boy.... I have a huge collection of Catwoman statues and this was to be the centerpiece. When I saw all the pics from TF I was seriously bummed out, but thankfully when she arrived, like I said yesterday, I was pleasantly surprised.

She really is a great piece and would make a great addition to anyones collection.

Thanks for the pictures, Ryan. The boots and gloves do painted differently like the one at Toy Fair? :slap The goggles don't look to me so I would prefer not wearing the goggles.

Back