Statue DC Bombshell line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, a second edition of the joker/harley statue. I can't see any big differences.

DC_Bombshells_HarleyQuinn_TheJoker_2ndEdition.tif

Joker's suit is different and his head is facing in a completely different direction (aside from the difference in Harley's outfit mentioned earlier).

No, the old one's Joker head is also facing the same direction. It was updated quite a while ago. The differences are indeed on the suit, Joker is now more purple, losing it's side lines. Harley's uniform is less nurse-ish (her stocking in the first one was both white with only subtle red and black lines on top), also both ponytail accents was red on the first edition one.

Still available at both Forbidden Planet's (.com and .co.uk) & Zavvi at a quick glance.
I think Forbidden Planet is only listing the newer second edition Harley/Joker statue (£199.99) but Zavvi does still list the original
statue at a great price. Thank you!

For me, it's the first one. Because it's stronger concept wise, as seen in Harley's outfit, it's a nurse outfit with a subtle touch of Harley's trademark red n black in it.
The second one looks like she's half nurse half cheerleader.

For me, it's the first one. Because it's stronger concept wise, as seen in Harley's outfit, it's a nurse outfit with a subtle touch of Harley's trademark red n black in it.
The second one looks like she's half nurse half cheerleader.
I agree with all your comments. However I will likely get both and sell off whichever one I like less in person.

I prefer the original too, the second one looks like they painted half of Harley wrong. If they wanted to change her outfit I don't understand why they didn't just do the whole thing.

I think Forbidden Planet is only listing the newer second edition Harley/Joker statue (£199.99) but Zavvi does still list the original
statue at a great price. Thank you!

Oh sorry, I did say a quick glance :p Happy that the Zavvi one worked for you though.

No worries, I'm actually really happy as I'd never looked at Zavvi before, seems like a cool site and it's the cheapest I've seen the statue.

I was talking to my partner yesterday about which of the two I prefer (he prefers the second edition) and I came to the conclusion that to me, the second edition looked as if Harley was wearing a nurse costume on her top half, with a completely different outfit on the bottom half. I do prefer the purple colour for Jokers clothes from the second though. My perfect statue would be Harley from the first edition, with Joker from the second edition (with some green highlights on the seams of his clothes).

Bit the bullet and ordered the original from Zavvi, the best part is that I also got a 10% discount code applied (£162.00).

No worries, I'm actually really happy as I'd never looked at Zavvi before, seems like a cool site and it's the cheapest I've seen the statue.

Zavvi have a weird history.

They were originally set up to buy out Virgin Megastores and turned them into Zavvi stores. Then they went bust and were bought out by HMV but then all of those stores closed. the Zavvi name was then bought out by The Hut Group who opened the online store.

Basically they no longer have any relationship to the stores that used to exist, they just bought the name to trade with.

You wanted a history lesson of Zavvi right?

I prefer the original too, the second one looks like they painted half of Harley wrong. If they wanted to change her outfit I don't understand why they didn't just do the whole thing.

Maybe it'll make more sense from another angle... one where Joker isn't cutting our view of her in half :dunno

^IMHO the Joker being there is actually helping her, as without him covering the middle part, you will see the half nurse half cheerleader uniform directly, which is weird looking, and it ruins the original concept of parodying the famous photograph itself, because you still see the Joker as a full sailor, alongside the half nurse/cheerleader Harley.

^IMHO the Joker being there is actually helping her, as without him covering the middle part, you will see the half nurse half cheerleader uniform directly,

That's my point... we can't see what's back there... maybe by some weird cosmic force they logically blended the two halves LOL :)

Back