David Ayer's Academy Award winning "Suicide Squad"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC's "Suicide Squad" (August 5th, 2016)

I personally really like how bad ass thus joker will be. I think DC will do a great job with all these movies like marvel did. As a comic character fan, I'm super happy we are even getting these cool movies.

I wonder why she got a cover and not Harley?

PlXAYSl.jpg
IpdMFkL.jpg

Oh, that's her. Nevermind.:lol The kicker is that DC's enchantress pretty much looks like a brunette version of Marvel's Enchantress, and I'm pretty sure that the version that appeared in the DCAU cartoons was...well, pretty much the Marvel Enchantress, but with a giant eyeball thing that hung around with her.:lol

Yup :lol

Also, is anyone else happy that it appears to be actual magic in the DCEU? That Cara chick straight up says she's a sorcerer, I hope it's straight up magic.

Oh, that's her. Nevermind.:lol The kicker is that DC's enchantress pretty much looks like a brunette version of Marvel's Enchantress, and I'm pretty sure that the version that appeared in the DCAU cartoons was...well, pretty much the Marvel Enchantress, but with a giant eyeball thing that hung around with her.:lol
An understandable mistake, but I believe you're referring to the Emerald Empress, member of Legion of Superheroes enemies the Fatal Five.

An understandable mistake, but I believe you're referring to the Emerald Empress, member of Legion of Superheroes enemies the Fatal Five.

Yep, that's her. I thought Enchantress seemed out of place fighting the Legion, but I figured, what the hell, just go with it; comic books, right?:lol

There's been so many damn comic characters over the years that things overlap in all kinds of ways. I'm sure it's not a coincidence when you see characters who look so similar. They influence one another. Even within both major companies, there are multiple characters who even get the same name. Like Starfire.

Yup :lol

Also, is anyone else happy that it appears to be actual magic in the DCEU? That Cara chick straight up says she's a sorcerer, I hope it's straight up magic.

It's going to be interesting to see how the Joker works in a world of meta humans, aliens, gods, and magical characters. In the previous films he was a major threat and a big deal because there was only Batman, but not anymore. Now he's just some crazy guy...I mean, that Enchantress chick alone can probably kill him easily with her magic :lol Maybe that's why he got all those tattoos and drives a pink car with neon lights on the inside. It's a way for him to stand out and get more attention in a world that is changing thanks to Superman. Maybe that's his way of dealing with the fact that he isn't a big deal anymore. I'm pretty sure Batman feels the same way once he saw Superman.

I assume it'll work the same way it does in the comics, with him, Batman, and Luthor. Of course, you have to make some logical leaps, but they'll play on the idea that a really charismatic, and/or brilliant, and/or driven, and/or demented personality can be enough to give these folks power and influence over super powered gods and whatnot.

Back