David Ayer's Academy Award winning "Suicide Squad"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC's "Suicide Squad" (August 5th, 2016)

Isn't that the JLU Joker? Weird choice to represent the Timmverse.

timjoker.jpg
1280x720-w-y.jpg

What about the Batman Beyond movie though?

Neither do I. Putting that thing in the bottom left box and comparing it to the greats.

I haven't seen Leto yet, so I can't judge him until I see the film, but putting Hamill in the same company as the live action actors, and insinuating that he's the best because he has a decent voice, that's the real insult here. But what can I say, that meme was made by a millennial piece of ****.

I haven't seen Leto yet, so I can't judge him until I see the film, but putting Hamill in the same company as the live action actors, and insinuating that he's the best because he has a decent voice, that's the real insult here. But what can I say, that meme was made by a millennial piece of ****.

:lol:lol Dumb reason to hate it :lol:lol:lol

But Hamill could actually act the part if given the chance. Look at the Trickster, he did a decent enough job with him.

:lol:lol Dumb reason to hate it :lol:lol:lol

But Hamill could actually act the part if given the chance. Look at the Trickster, he did a decent enough job with him.

Doubt it, he's a crappy live action actor...nice voice though.

I'm not saying all Millennials are bad, jut the one responsible for that meme.:lol Technically, I might be a millennial too since there are no precise dates when the generation starts and ends.

What characters have such deep ideologies besides Batman, Superman, The Joker, and Lex Luthor? When I start breaking the characters down, I think those are the most unique characters.

In regards to the various Joker performances, I think every actor was great. They're completely different takes on the character, so I can't say one performance is better than the other, but my favorite is the Heath Ledger Joker. I'm glad they're doing something different with Leto, and I hope I like him even more.

What characters have such deep ideologies besides Batman, Superman, The Joker, and Lex Luthor? When I start breaking the characters down, I think those are the most unique characters.

In regards to the various Joker performances, I think every actor was great. They're completely different takes on the character, so I can't say one performance is better than the other, but my favorite is the Heath Ledger Joker. I'm glad they're doing something different with Leto, and I hope I like him even more.

From DC? I don't know about ideology, but Ra's Al Ghul, Superboy Prime, Two Face, and Reverse Flash are pretty interesting characters. There are plenty of other heroes and villains, but those are some of the most popular. From Marvel, Magneto, Apocalypse, and DR. Doom to name a few.

TDKR might be the most fun movie Nolan ever makes. It's silly, but never Costnado silly.

It's more entertaining that Batman Begins and TDK, imo. It's also the most epic Batman film ever made in terms of what's at stake, what Batman has to overcome, and overall scale.

What characters have such deep ideologies besides Batman, Superman, The Joker, and Lex Luthor?

Comic Book wise? I'd go with the Punisher: There's a lot that can be said about Frank. His "black and white" ideology, his methods, they all deserve their own paragraph. Ennis' work on him was brilliant, and "BORN" is one of my all time favourite books. Was the monster in him all along? Is he a monster or just a man who takes the law in his own hands in a lawless land? Does he have the right to act as judge, jury and executioner? If nobody does anything, then doesn't it make his work the lesser of two evils? Personally, I think these panels capture Castle's ideology/"deal" perfectly:

pun11.jpg

N245akT.jpg

As for the Joker, he's a truly difficult character to get right. Too cartoony and you lose the fear factor. Too dark and you lose the fun. Morisson's Joker was downright scary but he was missing a certain flair. New 52 Joker acts like too much of a slasher villain, to the point where he has lost his "touch". But "cured" Joker in Batman 48 or 49 (the latest issue) was brilliant.

Kostis, what's that from? The one with Punisher and Mk? Btw, have you heard anything about the current MK run? It's on the ****ing limbo man, I need my MK! :cuss

It's more entertaining that Batman Begins and TDK, imo. It's also the most epic Batman film ever made in terms of what's at stake, what Batman has to overcome, and overall scale.

I prefer Begins. But another thing I like about TDKR is that the melancholy of Bruce Wayne actually feels earned. I know most people hate the 8 year skip but I buy it.

From DC? I don't know about ideology, but I find Ra's Al Ghul, Reverse Flash, Superboy Prime, and Two Face very interesting too. There are more, but those are some of my favorites.

I just meant from ideological standpoint, but Ra's al Ghul, Reverse Flash, and Two Face are probably my favorite villains after Lex and the Joker. Black Adam would be up there for me as well. Superboy Prime.....I liked him, but wasn't he the cause of bringing back Jason Todd? I never liked that. I liked Under the Red Hood as an Elseworld's tale, but that bugged me way more than even Dark Knight Strikes again because at least that story wasn't part of the canon. Speaking of which, I was wrong about how much Batman I've read. I've been going through a list of stuff, and I've read over 800 issues of Batman. I just thought I didn't read that many because there's thousands of issues!:lol

Comic Book wise? I'd go with the Punisher

I was just talking about DC, but yes. I put him in my top 10 fictional characters along with Batman, Superman, Lex, and Joker because I think he also adds a new angle. He is the anti-hero in my opinion. I put Daredevil in my list too, but he's not one of the big archetypes like Batman, Superman, Lex, the Joker, and the Punisher too me.

I don't know every comic book character. Heck, I'm not even familiar some popular ones, so that's why I'm curious!

Kostis, what's that from? The one with Punisher and Mk? Btw, have you heard anything about the current MK run? It's on the ****ing limbo man, I need my MK! :cuss

It's issue 10 from the 2008 vol (the Huston one, with the famous "ripping off Bushman's face" scene). Frank and Marc have tons of history together, heck, I'd say Marc is Castle's only "friend". One other pic I really like is the Daredevil one, where's he's in chains and Castle has him point a gun. This one:

the-punisher-on-netflix-how-marvel-s-daredevil-has-paved-the-way-for-frank-castle-to-join-342904.jpg

The new vol will launch in April (I've already subbed), and the creative team is Jeff Lemire and Greg Smallwood. Greg has really improved since his last MK run, and Jeff writes crazy real ****ing good. Pick up Bloodshot: Reborn and you're in for some Grade-A stuff.

Woah, thanks senpai :duff Will read Bloodshot and that Punisher Volume. Can't wait for new MK run, I like Smallwood (NPI), I think his art was the weakest of the last run though.

One more question :lol If I were to start reading Punisher? Where should I start?

I've always thought about becoming a fan of the Punisher but he was always too edgy for me :lol

Back