David Ayer's Academy Award winning "Suicide Squad"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DC's "Suicide Squad" (August 5th, 2016)

When I saw the bootleg version of the trailer, I thought it was a bit underwhelming. After seeing the full trailer in HD, I like it more.

I liked this shot of him wearing a coat

7GrmxlU.jpg

And this was interesting

OMMXrR5.jpg

I liking the look and his laugh and voice are alright. I don't hear Ledger like some people, and that's fine.

Good catch, I'm going to give the trailer another watch, sooner or later I'm sure I'll warm up to his version.

Re: DC's "Suicide Squad" (August 5th, 2016)

I think the Joker inclusion will come from the backstory of Harley. On the table she looks "normal" and I have a feeling that The Joker essentially toyed with her until she broke. Sort of made a play thing. She seems truly insane in parts of the trailer and so I have a feeling that we'll see her origins heavily (especially since she is heavy featured) and that's where we'll get those cameos (Leto and Batfleck).

I like that theory a lot. I would actually be disappointed if that's not the direction they go in :lol

11694997_920669291326551_240330978219807571_n.jpg

Missed this, I guess their clothes are similar but I can't tell if they're exact. I hope it is, knowing that Leto's Joker is actively trolling Batman makes me smile.

He looks a bit too bulky to be the joker

I think the Joker inclusion will come from the backstory of Harley. On the table she looks "normal" and I have a feeling that The Joker essentially toyed with her until she broke. Sort of made a play thing. She seems truly insane in parts of the trailer and so I have a feeling that we'll see her origins heavily (especially since she is heavy featured) and that's where we'll get those cameos (Leto and Batfleck).

That sounds good

Brace yourselves. Relentless threads for custom Leto Joker heads are coming.

:slap

Ugh, now that somebody mentioned that Joker is most likely talking to Harley/Harleen at the end of the trailer I'm getting nauseated about thinking of how twisted he is going to be with her. :(

It was bad enough in the animated series I can't even imagine how dark it's going to be in the film :(

What are your thoughts on Leto's Joker so far?

Well, Ledger's Joker is my second favorite movie character of all time after Darth Vader so I'm already a little biased against him, but I'm willing to give his interpretation a shot. Just not expecting him to match the brilliance of Ledger.

On the other hand, I think getting Margot Robbie to play Harley Quinn is the best casting choice Hollywood has made in a long time.

Joker's line at the end actually sounds like 'I'm not gonna CURE ya'... not 'kill' like we all thought.

Looks good. Looks REAL good... I'm coming around to Leto Joker. I didn't pick up the Ledger vibe myself. A lot of Ledger joker was in his inflections of his voice I found.

Last edited:

I kinda wished they implemented the original version of the song though, I don't quite get this TDKRises/no-strings-on-me version of the song.

Joker's line at the end actually sounds like 'I'm not gonna CURE ya'... not 'kill' like we all thought.

Looks good. Looks REAL good... I'm coming around to Leto Joker. I didn't pick up the Ledger vibe myself. A lot of Ledger joker was in his inflections of his voice I found.

:lecture

I've done a 180 as far as excitement goes.

Well, Ledger's Joker is my second favorite movie character of all time after Darth Vader so I'm already a little biased against him, but I'm willing to give his interpretation a shot. Just not expecting him to match the brilliance of Ledger.

On the other hand, I think getting Margot Robbie to play Harley Quinn is the best casting choice Hollywood has made in a long time.

Yea, I think she's going to be great, I always thought a younger Marisa Tomei would have made a perfect Harley, too bad she's old and Aunt May now :lol

Back