Premium Format Darth Vader [ROTJ]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unmasked portrait is really not needed. Kind of getting overdone now
Yeah. I don't see him doing that. Saying that I'll still buy it because its ****ing Vader, just cause I don't see him doesn't mean he hasn't. Like what am I following him around all day? No I'm not. But yeah would've preferred something else but what else is there really. Now I open the floor to you gents to think of awesome EXs so we can only imagine what could have been

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Or EX could be an extended arm with the palm open up like he's lifting something big using the force

How come they never do awesome EX bases that ARENT some stupid logo. Like make the EX a ridiculously awesome base and make the regular a crap black piece. Sorta like with the Snow Trooper but awesomer

Perfect pose, bad ass characters, and people ***** about the base! SSC can't win!
I'm fine with the base. It looks gangsta with Darth. My question was more a general one about Ex bases lol

I like it, if he comes out at the end of next year I might actually get this guy, but it all depends on the pricing and release if the Fett PF, as well as the the release schedule and price of the mcquarrie concept stuff

Like the base, like the pose, probably new lightsaber tech!! No need for the switch-out head, shoulder armor is a little big (yes, it's just concept art) and the price will be closer to $500. :(

Well i can see how now buying each version of these can work now and maybe that's what SS is aiming for. the first Boba/Vader, etc. go together and now these more....dynamic/detail/busy bases of the second versions will go together....or that has nothing to do with what SS is doing and it's coincidence but I don't have a problem with them. (I know they are different versions of the characters)

Last edited:
This pic needs to be posted again....can't wait to see the actual statue.

a5e3y8e4.jpg

From the new blog on their site

I like it. The pose looks heroic with his chin slightly up and left hand closed into a fist. The base is awesome.
I just don't get the second portrait. It doesn't make sense with the pose.
The unmasked sculpt looks like he's saying, "Look, son... I told you I won't die without my helmet on!" :lol

The alt of Anakin is just an added "cool" thing, BUT if you think of functionality, Vader had to be in that chamber every time that helmet came off. To my knowledge if he were waltzing around like that he'd be on his stomach calling life alert for assistance.

The alt of Anakin is just an added "cool" thing, BUT if you think of functionality, Vader had to be in that chamber every time that helmet came off. To my knowledge if he were waltzing around like that he'd be on his stomach calling life alert for assistance.

Not a fan of the base or pose and really wish Sideshow would keep things simple, like the older PFs.

Back