Premium Format Darth Vader [ROTJ]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the pose. I liked the base at first but now after I've seen it for a couple of hours I don't like it. I knew it would be unnecessarily huge like Boba's. I think I'll hunt down the original Vader PF off eBay and pass on this one.

I've got the original PF and will probably sell it to make room for the new one so PM me if you're interested. ;)

Don't like the pose. Fett looks dynamic, Vader looks like he's posing for a photo shoot. But I've got the Mythos, so I won't muddy the discussion for those who like this new one :)

Don't like the pose. Fett looks dynamic, Vader looks like he's posing for a photo shoot. But I've got the Mythos, so I won't muddy the discussion for those who like this new one :)
Well we still haven't seen the final. Remember Fett looks a lot more dynamic than he did in the tease let's hope that Vader will too.

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

I'm just the opposite. I don't like the look of Fett going down the slide, but I love the pose for Vader. It's good everyone likes something different I suppose.

I love the pose, but I would much prefer a swap out left arm instead of the unmasked portrait.
Perhaps reaching out with his hand palm up. However, this would work well only if you could also pose the head so that he would be looking slightly downwards, towards the left hand, something like this:

2204535-empire_vader_beckons_l.jpg

That could still work with the pose they are currently teasing with:

a5e3y8e4.jpg

And, yes, I realize the scene I posted is Ep.V and Sideshow is releasing an Ep.VI Vader, but I still think it will look appropriate.

they should add an arm where he's holding his helmet, so if he's unmasked he looks at his helmet.
That would be so cool for a statue.
Perhaps I should pitch that idea to Sideshow.

:wink1:

they should add an arm where he's holding his helmet, so if he's unmasked he looks at his helmet.
That would be so cool for a statue.
Perhaps I should pitch that idea to Sideshow.

:wink1:
You mean like the mythos statue?

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

It seems like I'm the only one who really likes the dynamic bases, assuming it doesn't affect the price. I think if I had any other PFs I wouldn't have that opinion, but transitioning from 1/6th to PFs I'm all for the amazing action poses. IMO the Commander Cody PF is a great example of an awesome pose with a simple base

I have a good bit of vader stuff so I'm good with the vader pose on this one because it's seems unique to me. I don't mind the Extra head even though it doesn't make practical sense based on the movie and vader's asthma.

Since this looks to be the final duel from RotJ, I wonder if an eventual Jedi Knight Luke will be in a pose that looks down so we can kinda get the rafter effect from the fight between the two ??

It seems like I'm the only one who really likes the dynamic bases, assuming it doesn't affect the price. I think if I had any other PFs I wouldn't have that opinion, but transitioning from 1/6th to PFs I'm all for the amazing action poses. IMO the Commander Cody PF is a great example of an awesome pose with a simple base

I like the bases as well. I didn't mind the plain ones as they were all uniform over time, but I like the new bases SS is giving us. It adds a bit to the overall piece.

Since this looks to be the final duel from RotJ, I wonder if an eventual Jedi Knight Luke will be in a pose that looks down so we can kinda get the rafter effect from the fight between the two ??

They've already made a Jedi Luke.

I love the pose, but I would much prefer a swap out left arm instead of the unmasked portrait.
Perhaps reaching out with his hand palm up. However, this would work well only if you could also pose the head so that he would be looking slightly downwards, towards the left hand, something like this:

2204535-empire_vader_beckons_l.jpg

That could still work with the pose they are currently teasing with:

a5e3y8e4.jpg

And, yes, I realize the scene I posted is Ep.V and Sideshow is releasing an Ep.VI Vader, but I still think it will look appropriate.

Yeah, I wish the head was looking down or else, how the hell are these two supposed to compliment each other?
review_jedilukepf_7.jpg

I've been keeping my Jedi Luke in storage forever anticipating this Vader PF and now, I'm thinking I bought this Jedi Luke PF for nothing. :dunno

Yeah, I wish the head was looking down or else, how the hell are these two supposed to compliment each other?
review_jedilukepf_7.jpg

I've been keeping my Jedi Luke in storage forever anticipating this Vader PF and now, I'm thinking I bought this Jedi Luke PF for nothing. :dunno
Hot Toys DX Jedi Luke Confirmed?

I am pleased with this one, but they could cut out the foot of the base. And just do like GG add a few more steps.

DarthVaderESBStatue1.jpg

Back