Darth Vader life-size Bust--PREORDER NOW ON PAGE ONE!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never saw a lazy eye on any of these. How do you know with all these people returning them to Sideshow,they aren't just shipping you some one else's returned so called lazy eye?
None of these pics look different not even the paint, sorry ijmo.

Yep, I would not feel comfortable repacking this item... and really wonder what I'll do the next time I move. The packaging really feels like it was made for a one way trip.

BTW, here's the comparison shots between my two Anakin portraits. The new one is on the right... and just has a much more lifelike paint application IMO.

y.jpg

z.jpg

zz.jpg

You say it took about 2 weeks to get the replacement?
Did you have to send the other head back? It looks like by your pics you didn't.
When I received the wrong Hot Toys Dutch figure,they wouldn't send me a new one until I sent the wrong one back to them.
How did you manage to keep the damaged one without sending it back?

Its actually being sent back today (I'm using the packaging the replacement came int). I was told to hold onto the old head until the new one arrived and I was satisfied with it.

BTW, you and I must have the same bad luck as I had to send my Dutch back too :lol (and usually it is send back first, before getting a replacement)

At the price of this piece, you have every right to be bothered and should be accommodated for a replacement if the eyes are that misalligned.

Is it really that hard to line up two eyes? :dunno

Maybe Sideshow should start adding a tiny mark on their sculpts where the eyes should go. :lecture

I think the factory in China needs to do drug testing for opium or other drugs b/c how the hell does someone not on drugs put an eye on like that? How does it pass through QC?

Photoshop FTW! :rock:rock:rock :lol

Uh, no. I wish that was photoshop. Unfortunately, that is an actual photo.

There must have been an error in the method used to apply the pupils to the eyes at the factory. The basic skew seems to be consistent across the board with some being more off than others. The head's left eye seems to be looking left on most examples while the right is looking straight ahead.

It does seem like on my second head the left eye is looking a bit more to the right. But even the original one was not off enough to be a problem.

But, does seem like the left eye should be more into the right corner than it is to look perfect.

Mine has a very slight lazy left eye, but it seems most are a fraction off from the photos in this thread. It probably isn't helped by the eye lids on the lazy eye side being a bit more opened in the inside corner than on the other eye which causes more white to be on one side of the iris.
After sucking up all that force lightning I'm putting it down to some near death lazy eye syndrome. I've got enough QA problems with sideshow at the moment without worrying about this one. SWO77's is a disaster though!

The lazy eye has to be intentional. There is no way that anyone could miss that, could they? All this to say that the lazy eye doesn't bother me enough to want to pass on this.

However, truth be told, the lazy eye isn't nearly as evident in the prelim pics. as it is in the in-hand pics.

zvbtip.jpg
AnakinHead.jpg

Last edited:
What's interesting is the eyes on my first head are nearly identical to that piece... but did not look the same. I wonder if its a couple of factors (aside from the eye placement) that affect this?

Uh, no. I wish that was photoshop. Unfortunately, that is an actual photo.

There must have been an error in the method used to apply the pupils to the eyes at the factory. The basic skew seems to be consistent across the board with some being more off than others. The head's left eye seems to be looking left on most examples while the right is looking straight ahead.

I feel your pain, that's about as bad as mine. Hope you get a good replacement!

hola, confirmo que mi darth vader también está bizco del ojo izquierdo,
esto es indignante. ¿que debemos hacer? , colgar al chino del control de calidad, quitar el ojo izquierdo al control de calidad de SS? :slap:slap:slap:mad::mad::mad
snc002o55.jpg

Hi, I confirm that my darth vader is also squint the left eye,
this is outrageous. What should we do? , Hang the Chinese quality control, remove the left eye to quality control of SS?

Back