Darth Talon 1/6 scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hansolofake

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hi guys. I am starting a new 12 inch project, and could use some advise. I am doing Darth Talon. I have picked up one of the new seamless female bodies, covered in latex "skin" so there is no joints showing. Got the head tales done and in place. However, I am kinda iffy about what paint to use for the body. Will acrylic paint work, without messing up the latex skin?

There are certainly other people who are more qualified than me to answer this question from their own experiences with latex bodies. (Even ones that have made/attempted to make a 1/6 Darth Talon before.)

I haven't actually tried to paint a latex body before, but I can tell you now: I seriously doubt that acrylic paint will stick to latex properly.

I don't know for sure, but I think the acrylic would most likely peel off the latex skin. I would think you'd need something more permanent, like dyes or enamel paint. That's my two cents. :huh

Last edited:
Bobamike has done Talon and Oola using the seamless bodies. He colored them with ground up pastels, water and a brush. There are threads for each, though he hasn't posted in either recently.On my slave Leia(also using a seamless bod) I used pastels to blush her up, which worked very nicely...PS

There are certainly other people who are more qualified than me to answer this question from their own experiences with latex bodies. (Even ones that have made/attempted to make a 1/6 Darth Talon before.)

I haven't actually tried to paint a latex body before, but I can tell you now: I seriously doubt that acrylic paint will stick to latex properly.

I don't know for sure, but I think the acrylic would most likely peel off the latex skin. I would think you'd need something more permanent, like dyes or enamel paint. That's my two cents. :huh
Yea, I found out the hard way-acrylic does not work well on latex bodies...peels a scratches off! Ah well. I will not be posing her much, so the paint will have to do. Color is perfect, and my daughter is adding the black tattoos for me.

Bobamike has done Talon and Oola using the seamless bodies. He colored them with ground up pastels, water and a brush. There are threads for each, though he hasn't posted in either recently.On my slave Leia(also using a seamless bod) I used pastels to blush her up, which worked very nicely...PS
I am looking at Oola as the next job. Not much costume, is there? I think I will use one of the better regular figures for her-got several in storage I need to use.

Thanks for all your help/suggestions. When I get finished, I will post pics-if I can figure out how to upload them,,,

Me and a few others used pros-aide you mix it in with acrylic paint 50/50 for the 1st coat then 90/10 mostly paint for the last coat as it can be quite sticky. It helps stop alot of the cracking but wont stop it around joints if you move the figure too much.

images

Back