Darth Maul Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here you go:

At 1:26. He is holding a Vader lightsaber though, but clearly is working on Maul.

There could just be a maul on the table near where he's testing them. Those are both vader lightsabers in his hand.

Nope, if you pause you'll see the non-lit up one is actually a left hand fist holding the hilt, it's the Maul PF EX.

The Vader PF holds the lightsaber in the right hand so it can't be from that statue.

Well I blame you because I was just replying to your comment about the unlit one being Vader's lol.

I thought light-up was already confirmed? It was even stated on the product page. Confused why people still argue on it. [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^

It's the wording SS used in their write up.

"The Sideshow exclusive addition to the Darth Maul Premium Format Figure is a swap out hand featuring a light-up severed version of his trademark lightsaber."

So, is only the severed version going to be lit up? Will the double-blade version be light-less? Will his base be given any kind of light-up treatment?

Those are the only two questions not answered, I suppose.

^^^

It's the wording SS used in their write up.

"The Sideshow exclusive addition to the Darth Maul Premium Format Figure is a swap out hand featuring a light-up severed version of his trademark lightsaber."

So, is only the severed version going to be lit up? Will the double-blade version be light-less? Will his base be given any kind of light-up treatment?

Those are the only two questions not answered, I suppose.

"Our Darth Maul Premium Format™ Figure captures the highly detailed likeness of Ray Park as the feared Sith. From a tattooed face beneath a crown of thorns, his gleaming yellow eyes pierce onlookers, while his stance - light-up double-bladed lightsaber clenched in hand - is one of absolute power and control. Wrapped in a fabric costume, the piece begins to exude the grace and intensity of this imposing character."

Both double and EX ARE light up. The base is still up in the air though afaik.

I think people just keep confusing this one with the Kylo PF.

That's got to be it.
I keep reading how people are surprised with the light up with this piece.
But I don't blame them. There's a lot going on with Star Wars pieces right now... and that's a good thing!

I think it was when it was first put up for preorder this wasn't supposed to have a light up because Sideshow CS told me this. I had asked them because I wanted to get a Maul to go with the Savage Opress, and they also had said ages ago that this Maul was supposed to match that piece. Which now we know it obviously doesn't ...

I just don't think sideshow has any idea what it plans to do lol

The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing kinda thing perhaps

They updated the Maul listing a long time ago to say the lightsaber would light up around the time they showed off the EX. It's the Kylo Ren one which costs a bit more that the on-going discussion of light up has been happening in. Both threads have a ton of crossover since both PFs were announced relatively close together.

That's why we all ended up talking eachother into paying Cyberman for a Maul bust in here because we ran out of things to talk about lol.

I saw this at Comic Con and could see the inner workings it would light up. I mentioned this back in July. It's gonna light up.

:lol

Yeah Sideshow is confusing the **** out of people by not clearly stating what lights up and what doesn't from the get go. Really don't like that strategy.
It's not like it's a super complicated technology, they should know right away if they are implementing it in a statue or not.

I saw this at Comic Con and could see the inner workings it would light up. I mentioned this back in July. It's gonna light up.

Yes I do remember that.
They clearly had changed the blade on the proto compared to the original pics for SDCC.

The Ex appears to have gone to waitlist...1500 of the regular are available and SS is offering free U.S. shipping on this version.

The Ex appears to have gone to waitlist...1500 of the regular are available and SS is offering free U.S. shipping on this version.

ahm.. not fair... why no free shipping on the ex ?!

Last edited:
Oh damn. I hadn't PO'd yet because I like to use those seasonal stickers they have on the boxes now to save the $20 He would have been my next PO too :/ now I don't know if I should WL on the EX or just settle for standard. Speaking of which, can you apply a promo code to a PO afterwards? Or does it have to be during initial checkout?

Back