Darth Maul Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i was going to order as well. was.

this is the beginning of the end of my hobby with all these crazy prices. SS is going to find it slow going because of their abhorrent greed. give them a few years, they may not be around much longer.

I was just talking about this with someone else. I don't ever see pages of people writing "ordered" anymore. All I see now is "maybe down the road" or "I'll wait for a coupon."

Yet another possible strategy Sideshow is pushing out there. Over price and get those who don't care about the price to pay it, knowing they'll start popping 20% off coupons at people at some point in the future. That's how I ended up getting the life sized Yoda... Who knows, really...

I was curious and checked out the Sideshow archive for the original Darth Maul PF. It was $279.99, so almost half of what this costs. I have the piece and I think it's pretty decent considering it was one of their early offerings.

They should offer something that helps us all to continue to collect these formats, free shipping is great if you live in the U.S. But for all those that live outside have to pay a crazy shipping cost plus import tax ontop. They need to reduce these prices that helps us all to continue collecting.

You, me, and a bunch of others on this board. At least with Kylo they offered double reward points and free shipping I think. I mean, don't get me wrong, Kylo is WAY overpriced, but they at least tried to give people something small to entice them to PO.
I live in Europe so final price for me is life or death. I can't afford buying directly from Sideshow side :/

Honestly, with steadily increasing prices, I came to the conclusion that what I really want from statues is the definitive version of a character. Something you buy knowing that you won't need another version of the character - unless you're keen on buying multiple of the same character, of course.

As someone already pointed out: give Maul an extra aggressive portrait, removable cape and light up. That's the definitive Maul package worthy of this price tag and probably some more. Right now, it's half assed. Not an half assed sculpt or paint or whatever... it's an half assed effort at being a premium priced piece of collectible. Too bad that people will settle for it because -as usual- there's no real alternative.

Sideshow has official lost the plot and I have official cancelled all my pre orders and stopped collecting.

When I started in 2011 my first order was the Joker PF at $349, everyone was complaining that it was too expensive and it breached the $300 barrier.
This is now on a whole new level and will bring all future PFs into the $520 plus level and beyond, I can still afford them but it's time to now say goodbye sideshow, I have pulled my pants back up and tightened the belt.

The more expensive the piece, the more picky the buyer. I've been looking at the promo shots and finding unsatisfying stuff, such as the fabric that looks thick and does not hang well at all. As if Maul were wearing a winter version of his suit. Futzing should make up for part of it but anyway.

If SSC wants to charge premium prices, that's fine, but they must deliver premium quality. The competition is still a bit more expensive but they offer switch-out parts and top notch quality and CS, from what I've heard. Sideshow, not so much.

I live in Europe so final price for me is life or death. I can't afford buying directly from Sideshow side :/

You tell me. Lately, prices in euros are even higher than in dollars. Kylo Ren is like €650 ($725) at my usual dealers. I bet Maul will be around €550/580.

I can have Kylo for 617€ but who care qq sideshow can kiss my ass and I still won't buy it [emoji14]

Wow I just realize this cost similar like Sauron PF hahaha

That's insane. :lol And Sauron is not that old a statue.

By the way, the same shop has Vader at €489 and it went up for PO last year. Seriously, every company raise their prices, that's normal, but SSC raises them way too much and too fast. Even if their production pieces were as good as their prototypes, that would not be OK.

I wish it came with his robe and another portrait scult of him snarling.. maybe I'll order it after Christmas if I get a prepaid visa or two to throw at a SSC giftcard or something... try to knock it down about $200 bucks...

This should be $400. As quick as I started collecting PFs.... looks like my end of collecting them will be quick as well. Glad I got to complete an Avengers like lineup while prices were moderately low.

The way it's going I'm probably done with SSC.... I haven't POed anything since Batgirl last year. I was going to get Kylo and Maul but at that price with no light up I won't.
I'm going to stick with First4Figures and Tsume-Art from now on.

will not sign up for preorder on my LCS. i will wait for the final product and i'm sure this will go down in price in the secondary market. I must say the statue looks great and the stare of maul is really menacing.

Description from Sideshow side:
while his stance - double-bladed lightsaber clenched in hand

They have right to call painted stick as lightsaber? appropriate for law court?

Back