Darth Maul PF Pics....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KitFisto said:
I thought the battery statement was the ORIGINAL statement and then they came out and said it would have a power adapter too. Even the site still says it comes with a power adapter.

yes this is true...or i seem to remember it. did they go back on this and not include the adapter option? wtf is up with this.

Funny thing is I got the LS to light up by taking off the external switch button and spring.

I'm going to mod it. After lifting up the bottom liner which is stuck on with a mild adhesive I can see the cut out for the switch and wiring. I also see the place where the power jack was supposed to be. Modding it will be a piece o' cake.

Besides all this, it's an awesome PF & Exclusive.

Here's his place in my display cabinet along with the others:

cabinettf6.jpg

Unfortunately, I have spent several hours trying to get the lightsaber to glow properly with no success. So this one will be going back. It's a bummer--I really didn't feel like another return, but there's no way I'm going to hold onto a piece that doesn't light up. Hopefully the replacement will work perfectly.

Sigh...

tomandshell said:
Here's his place in my display cabinet along with the others:

cabinettf6.jpg

Unfortunately, I have spent several hours trying to get the lightsaber to glow properly with no success. So this one will be going back. It's a bummer--I really didn't feel like another return, but there's no way I'm going to hold onto a piece that doesn't light up. Hopefully the replacement will work perfectly.

Sigh...

Beautiful display Tom. You sure now how to build up a nice collection!

dang tom, that's 0-2 this week, counting this one and the bond one you have to return. at least you are in Cali and won't have to wait too long.

IMRESSIVE MOST IMPRESSIVE:maul :maul :cool:

other pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:emperor :emperor :monkey5

cabinettf6.jpg

Tom,

What kind of light do you have between the two shelves? I need something like that for my display. The lower shelves get blocked from the light by the larger items I have up top.

Great display Tom...

I've only got the Grievous (Reg.) and the Leia Exc. but I'd love to add some more... The PF line is really quite stunning-- especially when displayed properly as you've got them.

Very nice display - how deep is that shelf that you're able to display Greivous facing front? I've yet to find something where I don't have to have GG in profile just to fit him.

grond33 said:
Tom,

What kind of light do you have between the two shelves? I need something like that for my display. The lower shelves get blocked from the light by the larger items I have up top.

The bottom shelf was definitely dark--all the light was blocked by the figures on the upper shelves. So I went to Lowe's and looked around their lighting section. This little light strip was about thirty bucks and it does the job pretty well. All three of the guys on the bottom shelf are now visible and Vader's shiny little helmet really catches the light. And having the mirror really allows you to appreciate the figures from all angles.

Now I just need Chewie or the droids to join the top/hero shelf. I would have rather had the overrated villain trio on the bottom shelf, but Grievous' base is too deep (the bottom has about two inches less depth because of the wood frame) and so they bumped Vader and Ben to the bottom. I also tried Grievous and Fett on top, but Grievous blocked a lot of light with that huge base and cape. I'm still looking at it and thinking about how to possibly rearrange everything. (And the Roron animated maquette doesn't belong in there--I was just getting out of the reach of the kids, lol.)

cabinet2wj7.jpg

I think the bottom is better slightly dark. Fits the Luke scene in the swap, and the sabers really help. I like it that way.

Back