Darth IMPoors Bash/Dio Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since White Shogun has reminded us all that ANH Luke is actually a pretty sweet figure, I'm posting some pics of my recently completed "ultimate" (for me) farmboy Luke.

I wanted to get rid of the seam in the neck, so he's actually on a Bruce Lee casual body. Had to Hot Toy out the headsculpt though to make it work.

IMG_1932.jpg

So after a repaint and some height adjusting (he's now perfect Mark Hamill scale height), here's my Luke

IMG_1928.jpg

I have the Exclusive, so he has all the goodies. I did swap out the SS shirt for the Enterbay one. I think it's a better color and fit. May have to water treat it slightly, but I'm happy. Cool Enterbay light up saber too.

IMG_1929.jpg

And for the older folks on here.....

IMG_1931.jpg

I love this figure. I am a fan of the Stormtrooper sculpt, but the first one I get is going on my Yavin Luke. Now to go back to work on Kenobi and Wioslea.

To anyone contemplating selling your stuff....don't:lol I do it all the time and it pisses me off re-acquiring things. It's fun to re-visit them, but aggravating. Still, they tend to come out better the 2nd and 3rd time cause I've practiced more.

Bring on the Sandpeople!

looks great DI..............and the kenner box is a nice touch..:clap

My latest.....is just a re-do of one of my first:slap (are they ever really done?) Here is my Yavin Honor Guard v3. Since I've moved pics around, the earlier ones aren't showing up where they were. Here's a recap:

V1

imagesold_zpsd53578fc.jpg

Green uniform on a guy. Kinda weak, but it looked good at the time.

V2

IMG_1820_zpsb61cdd58.jpg

Fancier green uniform on a guy, but I had the sense to try and get the helmet right. Looked good at the time.

V3

IMG_1956_zps2b2082cd.jpg

Untitled_zpsc9ffe97c.jpg

Got the helmet right, and the right era uniform, but not the right color. Still, I'm happy....again...enough to make Guard #2 the same way. Gotta see if I can get that temple dio going again.

Hope you like!

Thanks Chaka. Jacket is from Albert Brown, dress slacks are from Albert Ross. They are just slightly different shades of brown, so I'm still kind of settling, but I think I have the best of what's available. I put Ross's dress coat and Browns pants (opposite of what I used) in some green dye to see what they would look like first, and it just didn't look good. Just need to snag another helmet. I think the two will look sharp together, despite being brown instead of olive. WWI is starting to get some love, so maybe what I really want will be available soon enough.

Thanks Chaka. Jacket is from Albert Brown, dress slacks are from Albert Ross. They are just slightly different shades of brown, so I'm still kind of settling, but I think I have the best of what's available. I put Ross's dress coat and Browns pants (opposite of what I used) in some green dye to see what they would look like first, and it just didn't look good. Just need to snag another helmet. I think the two will look sharp together, despite being brown instead of olive. WWI is starting to get some love, so maybe what I really want will be available soon enough.

Thanks for the info. I have the helmet and everything set to go, was just needing the proper jacket.

I know Duane is looking for these outfits also, hope he check this thread. :)

Here's another re-do. Wedge just needs his helmet painted, but the actual X-Wing pilot uniform again I believe is slightly better than my last efforts, but it's about as good as it can be short of scratchbuilding a smaller chest box and using a smaller hose. May make a couple more of these guys too.

Untitled_zpsda9f9e4f.jpg

Thoughts welcome

Nice work especially Like the Gloves , you've got those spot on.
Is it Plastic wrapped around or did you sculpt them ?

The whole thing flows very nicely.

My only real comment would be to fill in the gap where the two helmet pieces join, or is that going to stop animation of the visor ?

Thanks tworiverz. The helmet's just sitting like that to take the pic. Once it's painted properly, I'll re-assemble it around the head and there won't be a gap.

And good eye, the gloves are just thin plastic sheets wrapped around SS gloves. I hope when SS makes a pilot, they go for the longer gauntlet look and don't try to re-hash the ones I used for the base.

Wedge is looking great. You always did a great job on your pilots the first go around a couple of years back, this guy looks even better. Good stuff. :)

Couple WIP pics. All the characters are done for the Ceremony entry V2. Took shots against the back part of the wall. Front wall with door getting cut out tonight.

IMG_1979.jpg

Ben Yoda, and R2 waiting for a certain new HT release

IMG_1980.jpg

Wow dude, those honor guards look super-duper. :rock

I love the old Ben, looks spot on. I need to revisit mine and add a fat suit to him. :D Nice work all around my friend. :)

Love the farmboy Luke! Between you and GalactiBoy I'm very tempted to break my Empire only rule.

Ben looks particularly amazing! What sweater did you use for him? I hate the one SSC saddled him with.

Thanks guys. I didn't care for the Obi SS sweater either. I got the one I used from minibarbie. Looked to see if he had one up now and had no luck. I think at the time I just searched for 1/6 brown shirt. Got one for my Uncle Owen too.

He also has a fat suit (from George Washington). Probably could've got away without it, but I had it and used it. He's on a replacement body, I repainted the head and pasteled up his robe to get that "new" look off it. I'm very content with him and R2 at this point. Everything else is getting tweaked still. I was actually crazy enough to pry off Enterbay Luke's lid, want to see how it will look with Bespin Lukes clean sculpt. I may be 1 step closer to my perfect Farmboy Luke. He'll have only cost me about $600 bucks:lol

Ah, Chaka-Psychic said you may be interested:D . Check posts 68-70 on the previous page Duane. All will be revealed.

Back