Darth IMPoors Bash/Dio Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth_IMPoor

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi Freaks
Thought I'd start a thread to do all my ranting and such in, similar to Dorgs catch all Snow Corp thread. It's not worthy of a website, but here's my stuff so far:

4-6002.jpg

1-7001.jpg

lastvap001.jpg

today004.jpg

My question to you guys is (and I know the open-endedness is gonna get some goofy replies:D) what would be a good next project? I was thinking like Kenobi's living room or maybe the Tractor Beam controls, possibly the Ceremony steps-stuff like that. Here's my parameters.
Episode IV only (for now)
Can't be ginormous. Leave the ridiculous stuff for Mark
Number of figures it can display should be taken into account.

I think that's it. Let it begin!! I could probably come up with something, but this seems like it will be more fun.

Last edited:
Re: Darth IMPoors Corporation Dio Thread

I think you should make the scene where Luke, Owen, and Beru are sitting around the table, talking about Ben Kenobi "the old wizard" or something like that... I remember Luke's having a glass of blue milk, and he talks about joining the imperial army... it looks a lot like this :

starwarshotelsidisdrissbc1.jpg

I think that's a pic of the actual filming location (hotel sidi driss in Tunisia), must have been shot from the other direction... imagine the Lars family + luke sitting at table there...

The burned Owen and Beru Scene would be cool ! ;)

I think he wants something he can display a good number of figures in, and that scene has just 2 toasted people and no one else... IDK if they'd even count as figures... :dunno

I'd still like to see that tho!

i always thought the purchase of the droids was a cool movie scene.....
da_droids.jpg

now that's a challenge.......:devil

Bens house would be pretty cool, with him handing luke his fathers light saber.:rock

Not quite the necro-post it seems. I'm going for the combined thread similar to many others, so I changed the title of a crusty old thread that had the right idea and all my stuff will be here now.

While I'm waiting on some other stuff, I'm having a go at another ANH 2nd tier guy. That's right, Wedge Antilles! Red 2 is coming along quite nicely. As most of us know, the Hasbro X-Wing pilot stuff is pretty salvageable. I know Mark, Chris, and Ryan (at least) have had a good run on pilots. Here's pics of my take.

Repainting silver
IMG_1217.jpg

Repainting brown
IMG_1218.jpg

Here's the difference. Again, so far all Hasbro.
IMG_1221.jpg

I repainted the belt. From what it looks like to me, the belt is darker than the leg straps. The buckle on these suck, but it'll do.
IMG_1226.jpg

The vests seem to be where we all have our own take. Hasbro vests...bad (unless you're making skiff guards). I scored a bunch of these on ebay. I'll try to make them work.
IMG_1222.jpg

1 original, 1 cut to length
IMG_1225.jpg

For the "ribbed" part, I've searched all over hoping to see something that worked. Of all things, I'm actually trying speaker wire:cuckoo:
IMG_1223.jpg

As I've said many times, I'm no sculptor. I'm no painter. I need to find something "close enough". So when I see this guy:
wedge-antilles.jpg

I actually see Shia LaBoof or whatever the hell his name is.
Henceforth he shall be known as Wedge Antilles......RISE
IMG_1228.jpg

Helmet will be repainted, the chest box needs work, and I'm not totally sold on the speaker wire vest. It's not awful, but fortunately I have more so I can continue to experiment. Unlike so many great customs here, Sideshow will definitely come out with this gear...and probably sooner than later. Then it's a race to TA to see who gets the good stuff first.

Not bad for a couple hours work.

And don't think Red 3 isn't coming! I have GOT to do a before and after shot with the FAO Schwartz set:lol

Looking good Jeff. The speaker wire on the vests is a brilliant idea, I may give it a go. As you mentioned, the vests are the major issue when doing these guys.

Looking forward to following your progress mate. :)

Red 3 Standing by

IMG_1238.jpg

IMG_1241.jpg

So X-Wing Biggs is pretty close to being done. I just want to find a smaller diameter hose and that may do it unless anyone has any thoughts on how I could tweak him better. I used a Bespin Han body, and it makes Biggs look too lanky to me. I probably should have padded up the mid-section. Anyway, I went ahead with the speaker wire vest. I made it a little more carefully than the Wedge pic and I'm actually happy with it (I have to bend it more around the ribs I see). But yeah, if anyone has any suggestions that would make him pop, let me know.

So here's my 2 Biggs figures as of today..I'd say 95% done,

IMG_1242.jpg

but part of my next project showed in the mail today:clap

Stop the presses! I'm finally branching off ANH. Not that I'm done with ANH, I just can't limit myself anymore. Too many awesome ideas and awesome figures that you all have done.

I'm still waiting on some things, but here's a sneak peak of the next photo op/bash/temporary dio:

IMG_1246.jpg

:D

Why Khonsu, whatever do you mean? I watched ROTJ just this weekend , and I recall no "sandstorm". I even watched it twice to try and figure out what you were talking about. I put in the original and crappy version-no sandstorm. Sounds like an interesting concept though, them being on Tatooine for so long and all.

Well, Darth...if you watch the teaser trailer for the deleted material that's being included with the SW blu ray set, you might just get one or two peeks at a certain sandstorm - as well as wampa attacks, green lightsaber construction, bunker raids, and Luke being a peeping tom! :yess:

Back