Rant about the for sale thread these days

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is pretty rich from the same guy who accused me of being a scalper because I responded to your wtb King Leo thread with a price of $410 - or was it $400 - shipped that included an extra cape and set of hands. You claimed you'd found one on ebay for $325. And then something about being an "ignorant bastard" and "mother ____er piece of ____ scalper".

Nice revision of history. I bet you look in the mirror and see David Fassbender when the reality is more like George Costanza fresh out of the pool.

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol:goodpost:

Reminds me of the idiot ranting about US sellers not shipping to UK but only sold his stuff "UK only." :lol

People can sell their stuff for whatever they want but if your reason for lowballing me is because "I am an idiot and will never sell that piece for retail" then...you can **** off.

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol:goodpost:

Reminds me of the idiot ranting about US sellers not shipping to UK but only sold his stuff "UK only." :lol

This is the worst. Especially when international buyers want you to put the declared price really low and the ***** to you when something breaks in shipping.

That is the reason I stopped selling internationally. If you want it shipped to you, I will be by the book so neither of us get screwed.

I do see some sellers asking crazy prices, that happens specially with overseas sellers (no offense) but I also imagine their currency is higher than ours and that they paid high shipping and import costs, thus adjusting the price.

I notice this aswell. While I'd love to put a Euro sign in front of my prices instead of a $ one, I don't see the point on a US forum. I simply look around at what people are pricing the same or similar figures in dollars and go with that since there'll be far more american buyers on this forum than Irish and UK buyers. I can't afford to wait and hope for another Irish guy who happens to not have what I'm selling, who happens to want it and who isn't going to be turned off by my euro price....but even then he's probably as likely to go for a US seller who ships internationally.

I try to be very empathic to fellow-collectors whenever I'm selling, but as much as there are excellent traders here, there are also low-ballers. :slap

I ship from the Philippines, and some potential buyers are surprised with my shipping quote despite me putting the link to the shipper's website for them to check themselves. They tend to compare the 'normal shipping that they pay' to my shipping quote, but fail to remember that I am not located in the US, again despite mentioning it already in the thread. :(

Someone else liked this post, and I agree. There will always be 'investors' in luxury items like these and i do my best to avoid them. I collect what I love and if I choose to sell I make sure it goes to the right person. Make it about collecting again, and we will see a burst in the bubble and a return to collectors, not investors.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

:goodpost:

LOL It reminds me of the housing market. Once the bubble bursts, greed leaves but with its mark of lasting consequences.

That has no doubt been the case with me and I aim to solve it in the future by thinking hard about what I'm buying and the timing of what I'm buying. If it doesn't fit with my collecting mantra or whatever, if its something I have any suspicion I might end up selling then I won't buy it in the first place.

Yup, that's been my MO for the past year. Especially with the high prices and large quantities. I figure if I have second thoughts and decide I really want a figure down the road, it most likely won't be too hard to get on here.

Again, shop the seller. Theres alot of good people selling on the For Sale, I'm not going to go into a whos who, but I've bought alot of stuff at great prices. Maybe I'm lucky and just haven't gotten burned yet, but then again, I see certain names, I won't click their sales threads.
People act like idiots, don't buy from them, expecting them to be any different.

Example.. some person who I won't name acts lame on threads, was deleting and rebumping his sales the last few days to keep it on top. I wouldn't have bought from him before, but seeing how pathetic and desperate he is to "cheat" at message board sales just reinforces not to buy something from him. I don't care if hes selling a grail at 5 bucks; how would you like dealing with a PoS like that if there were shipping issues? I'll stick with honest sellers with integrity.

Last edited:
Back