Darren Carnall's creative corner

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: hunky_artist's artistic creations!

hunky_artist said:
I just finished a commission for someone else from another forum. a 7" Star Trek resculpt. But instead of making a figure better, this time it was to turn one figure into a completely different one. It started out as this figure......

3.jpg

and he wanted it to look like this figure.......

xr66.jpg

and here's the final result (after resculpting, casting and painting)

torres complete 6.jpg

There are loads more pics, and a talk-through of the whole process on my blog below :)

Man she turned out really nice!! I wish we would have got a regular figure of her.

halfway1.jpg

Great work Darren. Now THAT is Legolas Frakkin' Greenleaf! :bow :clap

good stuff, Hunky!

I always look forward to your reworking/resculpting projects!

I just got in one of your Anakin heads to paint for a member, Darren.
SUPER WORK! I will post pics whenever it gets done!
Hopefully, with my own Obi-Wan I got from you!

*sits here blushing* :eek:

Thanks guys, really. And Les... thanks about the Anakin. I can't WAIT to see what it looks like painted by you,and with the Obi-Wan too.... ooh how excited am I to see that pair of figures

Hey Darren
A bunch of us, including Les I think, really want a T1 Sarah Connor so when the T2 Sarah comes out soon, let us know your thoughts on that... she would need a hair resculpt...

Great stuff Darren. Can't wait to see what your Legolas looks like. You know, Han Solo could really use one of your makeovers... *hint* :)

pjam said:
Hey Darren
A bunch of us, including Les I think, really want a T1 Sarah Connor so when the T2 Sarah comes out soon, let us know your thoughts on that... she would need a hair resculpt...

ABSO-FRIKKIN-LUTELY! Count me in big time for "Frizzy 80's hair" Sarah Conner!

pjam said:
Hey Darren

I'm actually doing an Alien '1' Ripley, with the longer hair once I've done this accurate Ripley face I'm working on now, so assuming that works out ok, then I'll know I can do the Sarah T1 big hair easily enough.

If someone can provide me with the head to mold (the original is always untouched afterwards and can be returned) then I'll happily work on this.

Bluetooth said:
Great stuff Darren. Can't wait to see what your Legolas looks like. You know, Han Solo could really use one of your makeovers... *hint*

Thanks! Leggy is almost finished, and looking great. I can't wait to make the first resin version and paint it up! As for Han, I'd love to.... I was actually going to do an accurate Ford sculpt from it (reworking of the SS Solo) and turn it into both Solo AND Indy.... but it hasn't happened yet. One day though (unless someone else wants to post me their head to copy)

hunky_artist said:
.... I was actually going to do an accurate Ford sculpt from it (reworking of the SS Solo) and turn it into both Solo AND Indy.... but it hasn't happened yet. One day though (unless someone else wants to post me their head to copy)

Do you mean you don't have SS Han Solo?

incredible :monkey5

figuremasterles said:
ABSO-FRIKKIN-LUTELY! Count me in big time for "Frizzy 80's hair" Sarah Conner!

Oh great!!! I can see the naked Children of the Corn Linda Hamilton version in 1:6 now! :lol

pixletwin said:
Do you mean you don't have SS Han Solo?

...nope. :eek:

It was one of the Star Wars ones I didn't buy. Partially because I think I was more into getting Jedi at the time, and partially because I didn't think it looked like Solo

either way... no head (so to speak)... no sculpt lol

Darren,

As we are more or less neighbours I'm happy to pop over to the 'pool and bring you whatever heads you need.

Tell me what you want and we'll arrange a date.

sure thing, sounds good to me. I'll have a think about what head I've thought I'd like to work on, or maybe others I havent looked at yet?

What figures do you have? lol

hunky_artist said:
sure thing, sounds good to me. I'll have a think about what head I've thought I'd like to work on, or maybe others I havent looked at yet?

What figures do you have? lol

Luke! You have to get that damn look off his face...like he just got kicked in the balls or something. :rotfl

It's so bad I'm going to buy 2 of the new looks and do a clothes switcharoo.

Ironman1188 said:
Oh great!!! I can see the naked Children of the Corn Linda Hamilton version in 1:6 now! :lol

:lol Corn was same year, 84 I think...

Yes a T1 Sarah would be amazing. Need it. Want it. Got to have it. Already have her jeans! Great news Hunky, you will get a TON of requests for this, believe me, I'm sure Trev will be cool with it, if it's SSF inside thing...

nothing new here really... just snapped a couple of Anakin heads I'm working on for some people while I was waiting for things to dry.

progress1.jpg

progress2.jpg

Back