Darren Carnall's creative corner

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks... I've been wrestling whether to sell this for the honeymoon or not, I think I'll actually keep this one.... it's possibly my most realistic looking figure, and I'd hate to see it go. (the Ben Kenobi is going up this week (sorry Les... I know you told me not to) or next week with Luke and Maul). I think I'll keep the Arnie though... maybe sell off the battle damaged... oh i dunno... too much stuff going on in my brain at the moment.

Anyway this was supposed to be a short quick post, lol

I know I've got 3 private messages waiting to be answered in my inbox on this site, I promise I'll try to get to those over the weekend (I answer emails much quicker usually)... however I may be more out of contact for the next 7 days. The landlord has decided to replace the windows in our house (which is good by itself) but the problem is that this desk I work at, has been built in by us right in front of a window that they need access to... so we have to dissasemble the desk, put all my heads and boxes I've been sent by people safely somewhere else... unplug my monitors and computer and put them away somewhere... and basically clear this room for them to get to the window. Some time next week... they should be here for 3 or 4 days apparantly.

I'll be transferring all my reference photos to the laptop, and I'll carry on painting downstairs in the living room on the coffee table (sat cross legged on the floor... I can feel my back aching already), and I'll try to answer emails using webmail whenever I can, but I just wanted to let you know that if things get a bit slow... you know why

(obviously trying to fit in dozens of head repaints, 4 sculpts and several full figure customs... along with planning the wedding, and organising the honeymoon schedule and savings.... at the same time, isn't enough... now I have to be kicked out of my office for a week)

aaarghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

ok... deep breath Darren. lol.

Anyway... I'm off to post this on my blog now for those who follow my work but aren't from here... and then I'm gonna try to finish this Jedi Luke video for YouTube and then get on with some more painting.

Bear with me........ I'll get there folks. (I'm so looking forward to after the honeymoon, when there's no planning to do, no scheduling, I'll have stopped taking new orders, we'll have the windows, and I'll just be painting and sculpting... nothing else... no distractions..... oh that'll be so lovely lol)

changing the eyes just proves how spot on this sculpt is. It's only the big eyes they gave him that make him look so surprised.

(oh, and sorry for just posting the above link without saying what it was... I'm kind of grabbing seconds where I can to jump on the laptop in between moving furniture, removing blinds from window frames, driving to the storage facility with a ton of boxes... etc. You get the idea, lol.)

Right, I'm off to put all my head casts and custom figures away safely so those window installers don't knock things over and damage anything.

Darren

WOW... dude, I can't believe I missed Maul and Ben... HOLY CRAP ON A STICK those are badass, you really did outstanding...unbelievable jobs on both of them. :rock:rock:rock

Sachiel... Josh... thanks for that. :bow :bow :bow

ok folks, I'm back... took longer than I hoped for. But the windows are in, the house has been cleaned (layer of dust on EVERYTHING!), and my office desk unit has been rebuilt back in front of the window. I also had to reinstall windows XP again... (dammit) ... so ive just managed to get my emails back up and running so I'll get started with those after this....

Because of the builders in the house and no desk/computer.... and because of the wedding/honeymoon planning (it takes wayyyyy longer when you're doing so much yourself to keep the costs down... or at least TRY to) .... I am WAY behind with my commissions......

I'm going to be doing what I can in the following weeks.... but I'm really looking forward to the day when I close my order intake..... because I know then that after that, and once we're back from the States... it's nothing but work... and NO distractions... nothing....

The way things have been in the last year or so... having no distractions, and no new orders coming in sounds like heaven right now..... lol

anyway.... two new figs are up on ebay... (the all consuming honeymoon fundraiser strikes again)... click on the following images to be taken to the auctions.

Good luck to anyone from here who bids (if anyone) :rock

Darren, did you get the PM I sent last week?:confused:

Good luck for your auctions mate, they're superb as usual!

Seeing that ObiWan for sale fills me with sadness, and a pride for you in your work at the same time. It is your best paint so far to me Darren. A true masterpiece. Sorry to see it go. Good luck and lucky soul whoever gets it! :rock

i was just wondering what dazza was up to. glad luke and obi went for a good price. i tried bidding on both but had to give up during the final battle. hopefully when you're back taking commissions i can request them from you.

how are the wedding/honeymoon plans going? can't wait to see your trip documented. when is the big day?

Back