Darksiders 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shame were likely never gonna see darksiders 3

I hope we do !
love all the games.

please make part 3

Joe Mad left Vigil Games, but he did post on his Facebook that Vigil WILL be continuing the Darksiders games. Its just not going to have him on as art director. Which saddens me, because he is my favorite artist and wether or not they keep with his designs is yet to be seen.

Joe Mad left Vigil Games, but he did post on his Facebook that Vigil WILL be continuing the Darksiders games. Its just not going to have him on as art director. Which saddens me, because he is my favorite artist and wether or not they keep with his designs is yet to be seen.

wow ! that sucks.

wow ! that sucks.

Yeah! The first thing I feared was Darksiders was going to get left in the dust like Battlechasers did, but he responded via FB that Darksiders future is NOT in jeopardy. But its still sad that its continuing without his involvement. The guy cant seem to finish anything he starts. Its a little ridiculous from a fans pov.

Ah, so while thq is going belly up, vigil games is sticking around then? I thought vigil was going down with the ship.

Oh, not sure. I havent heard about THQ going under. How recent is that? Last I heard about Vigil from Joe's FB was a few months ago, so maybe something new happened that I havent heard yet???

Maybe that explains why Joe jumped ship? :lol

No bids for Darksiders or developer Vigil — Employees Laid Off

We’ve learned the results of the THQ auction. Most of the publisher’s big properties found new homes at other publishers and studios. But one did not.

No new owner ended up with Darksiders developer Vigil Games or the game property itself. These will remain a part of the THQ Chapter 11 case. THQ also didn’t sell its publishing business.

“If you are an employee of an entity that is not included in the sale, we regret that your position will end,” THQ chief executive officer Brian Farrell wrote in a letter to employees. “A small number of our headquarters staff will continue to be employed by THQ beyond January 25 to assist with the transition.”

So it’s bad news for the team at Vigil. The team just finished Darksiders II a few months ago and probably didn’t have too much work done on its new project.

“We are requesting the ability to offer certain severance pay to minimize disruption for employees of nonincluded entities as they determine the next steps in their careers,” Farrell wrote.
:(:mad:

There have to be two more titles, I want to play as the female rider! Although I won't gave up hope. Maybe, just maybe Platinum Games will buy it. They are interested, they just need the right price.

That would be nice if they did. But Vigil was Darksiders.

It just boggles my mind how they were left out in the cold.

The latest Game Informer cover

coverfull.jpg

I have DL the first one just to play as death in the second one. Their is a statue of Death riding on his horse which just looks superb. I was thinking of picking it up but I'm still undecided.

As you should! The game is a blast. A Soul Reaver fan especially owes it to themselves to check it out.

This is very true. I played all Soul Reaver games when they first came out and now that u mention it, it does remind me of that AAA title from back in the day.

I have DL the first one just to play as death in the second one. Their is a statue of Death riding on his horse which just looks superb. I was thinking of picking it up but I'm still undecided.

Triforce also have a Death statue up for preorder. A little more expensive than most at around $600, due to its size of 32 inches I guess. Not familiar with their products though.

As you should! The game is a blast. A Soul Reaver fan especially owes it to themselves to check it out.

This is very true. I played all Soul Reaver games when they first came out and now that u mention it, it does remind me of that AAA title from back in the day.

Oh I did play the first one and loved it so yeah!
And I totally agree that it's very reminiscent of the LoK series.

Some good news.

Crytek plans to bid on the rights to the Darksiders franchise. In a post on Twitter, Crytek USA CEO David Adams wrote that Crytek is “going to bid on Darksiders IP.” He noted that the team “put 7 years of heart and soul into that franchise, and I think it belongs at home with its creators.”
Back in January, 35 Vigil employees joined Crytek USA, and Crytek confirmed at the time that the studio was “more like a new start for [the team at Vigil]." At the time, Crytek said it wasn’t pursuing the Darksiders IP, but it appears that things have changed.
Vigil co-founder Ryan Stefanelli clarified to Destructoid that "when the Darksiders IP goes up for auction, Crytek will be bidding for it. Not much more to say since the rest is left up to courts and legal shenanigans, but we're all excited at the prospect."
THQ said in February that it expects to sell off its remaining assets before the end of May. For now, nothing has been finalized for the Darksiders IP, but this could be a glimmer of hope for fans

https://m.ign.com/articles/2013/03/28/crytek-plans-to-bid-on-darksiders-rights

Back