DarkArtist's End of the Line Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DarkArtist's Creations of DOOM!

I took a break off of my commissions tonight to spend time with the Wife, but when she passed out a few hours ago... I decided to spend my free couple of hours on the Evil Dead 2 Ash prototype. Well, it's finished at last. Check it out guys. And don't worry... tomorrow I have a lot more stuff to show you guys from my long lineup of commissions.

DSCN5140.jpg

DSCN5139.jpg

DSCN5138.jpg

DSCN5137.jpg

DSCN5135.jpg

DSCN5133.jpg

DSCN5132.jpg

thats awesome. :rock:rock
The only thing that ever bothers me with no arm sleeves ( sigh.. sarah connor ) is the arms showing with all the joints !. :lol Maybe one of Shauns arms ?.
Awesome work either way ! :rock Keep it up ! :rock2

thats awesome. :rock:rock
The only thing that ever bothers me with no arm sleeves ( sigh.. sarah connor ) is the arms showing with all the joints !. :lol Maybe one of Shauns arms ?.
Awesome work either way ! :rock Keep it up ! :rock2

You read my mind bro... I actually DO plan on buying a whole mess of arm sleeves from him specifically for this project. They will help out a LOT.

LOVE Ash Josh!!! Weathering, as always, is phenomenal!!

I took a break off of my commissions tonight to spend time with the Wife, but when she passed out a few hours ago... I decided to spend my free couple of hours on the Evil Dead 2 Ash prototype. Well, it's finished at last. Check it out guys. And don't worry... tomorrow I have a lot more stuff to show you guys from my long lineup of commissions.

DSCN5140.jpg

DSCN5139.jpg

DSCN5132.jpg

Is it just me or does the head look a little out of scale (too large for this body)?
:lecture:lecture:lecture

Otherwise, looks fantastic.

phenomenal Ash bro!!! Repaint and weathering are top notch! Blood stains are awesome. The head does look a bit too big though - I wonder if another body would help with the scale. Maybe the arm sleeves will help with that.

But that weathering... unreal!!!!!!!

Thanks guys! Yeah, he does have that classic Sideshow noggin. HT body may help, but I am not sure how much. The only problem there is the fact that I can't afford to buy a HT body for each Ash I do.... what with the $35-40 tag on one WITHOUT feet or a neck attachment. That would run my commission cost from $160 to $200....which is insane.

They need better bodies on the market for cheap. Dragon needs to make some big boys or something. :lol

I think the arm sleeves will give him some bulk. Dragon bodies have notorious skinny arms.

Thanks guys! Yeah, he does have that classic Sideshow noggin. HT body may help, but I am not sure how much. The only problem there is the fact that I can't afford to buy a HT body for each Ash I do.... what with the $35-40 tag on one WITHOUT feet or a neck attachment. That would run my commission cost from $160 to $200....which is insane.

They need better bodies on the market for cheap. Dragon needs to make some big boys or something. :lol

I think the arm sleeves will give him some bulk. Dragon bodies have notorious skinny arms.

It is pretty annoying that Hot Toys only releases their packaged True Types in limited runs. Sideshow and Hot Toys need to realize how much easy money they would make selling their new body types as accessory items on a continual basis. Same goes for the She-predator body!

Anytime! My box got full early this week but it is open again!

Big news for all you guys, I will have pics to show tonight. Finally getting close to a HUGE amount of different finished things. So Stuff is coming, in BULK. :rock

PM incoming.

Yes indeed you will! I am on track right now to finish these large commissions, finish a whole mess of heads that I am working on at the same time... (despite lack of pics, I do work on many things at once). So during this month of November expect a LOT of movement on my front. Myers is finally on the home stretch, as is Roy. Joker is getting there as well... I'm hammering out some long overdue head paints that have been here for a long time (again, sorry to those who have waited 6 months plus...I have not forgotten you all).

*cough Cough* 12 Months :angelsmil

*Cough*

Thanks man... Yeah, I have about 3 commissions that are nearing or passed that century mark... and it is killing me. But 2 of them are nearing completion right now in fact. But that leaves the 6 month guys that need to be caught up on. It's insane how fast time catches up with you.... I've never had the days melt away before I started painting, seems to get harder and harder to keep up. :lol

Tonight there will be more pics, many more. I hope to get a good bit done, long overdue things. :duff

Hurry up Josh, damn it!!!! :tap :tap :tap

My headless figures are making the Kurgan hungry for more heads. I am afraid any day now I will wake up and my entire collection will be headless :lol :lol :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back