Dark Knight Headsculpt Set From Chris Howes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now thats what i"m talking about!! Haha, its great, if the cost isn't too much I would say to continue to use this one.

Chris

That resin is the same price as the white resin. But I like the color and opacity much better. Drills a little smoother, too, I think. Feels more substantial, less plastic like, if that makes any sense at all...

That resin is the same price as the white resin. But I like the color and opacity much better. Drills a little smoother, too, I think. Feels more substantial, less plastic like, if that makes any sense at all...

Chris,

I was wondering with future sculpts if you would be open to idea of using a resin that is skin colored with a little bit of translucency to it?
I know this would probably cost more, but it would be really cool to have an option for this :)

Hello guys, sorry for the delay in response, I've been sufficiently progressing with the sculpts, I just put on the white makeup, err i mean paint on 6 heads so far, and I am already done with 1 of them, and I'll show some pics real soon.
Chris, i really like that resin your definatley right about the feel of it, but as Brooke mentioned, That translucency resin is coming up the ranks as well. It gives more of a real life look to it, I've painted about 2 and most recently i've noticed when applied right, it can look great. But the cost would have to go up i would imagine.

Chris

Chris

Regarding the resin, you could get more input from those of us who've done a little casting by telling us what resins have been used and what you're switching to. The Smooth-On translucent stuff has to be tinted, and there's a learning curve to figuring out just how much So-Strong to add.

Chris,

I was wondering with future sculpts if you would be open to idea of using a resin that is skin colored with a little bit of translucency to it?
I know this would probably cost more, but it would be really cool to have an option for this :)

Casting in translucent skin tone is a pretty difficult process that takes a lot of tweaking, not to mention the results are all quite varied. I'm not saying don't try it, but with Kuato's painting skills, it really makes no difference, to me at least

Casting in translucent skin tone is a pretty difficult process that takes a lot of tweaking, not to mention the results are all quite varied. I'm not saying don't try it, but with Kuato's painting skills, it really makes no difference, to me at least

Thanks for the kind compliment Chapuchi :), Ok guys here a two pics of One I already finished for UTtoyfan, this is his clean version, Flash drowned out a bit of messiness but its the clean like Joker in his penthouse scene and nurse scene. I'll put up some more pics once I figure out how to open up my file with Chris H's site, I want to put a collage of all the Jokers painted and each different one.

Picture_1816_2_1.jpg

Picture_18171.jpg

Thanks buddy,
Here are the corrected pics guys, I'm sorry I put up the wrong ones, These are better, only difference is slight eyemakeup add on left and I smudged the red on his lips as well, sorry bout that
Picture_1822.jpg

Picture_1821.jpg

Picture_1820.jpg

Soo..ummmm... how 'bout them Yan.......HOLY CRAP THAT IS AWESOME!!!! I think I'm about to soil myself!!!!!

Awesome job Kuato, can't wait to start seeing the variations out there. So are you going to put the pics here as you go or only on Chris' website?

Also are you going down a specific list of freak members as you paint these??? Or are you going by paint job requests??

Holy Guacamole, Batman! That's the best Joker sculpt paint job I've seen Kuato..If Hot Toys sees your work, J.C. H. would be out of his job..Fantastic! Please let my licky Mr. J be as good as this.

Soo..ummmm... how 'bout them Yan.......HOLY CRAP THAT IS AWESOME!!!! I think I'm about to soil myself!!!!!

Awesome job Kuato, can't wait to start seeing the variations out there. So are you going to put the pics here as you go or only on Chris' website?

Also are you going down a specific list of freak members as you paint these??? Or are you going by paint job requests??

Haha, I'm going down the list by the Freak members "I like the most to the least" :naughty, haha not really, I'm going down the list by who paid first. So you guys will be getting your pm's when i'm done with your single or sets, I can't finish sets yet until Chris sends out the Licky Jokers but thats fine because it gives me time to go further on the stern Jokers. I'm also gonna try and figure out a different picture taking technique, this Joker looks alot better in person, oh well, I'll figure something out :)

Nice, thanks for the info. And these pics are pretty good as is, and if you are saying(which I don't deny) they are actually better in person, it will just make the wait worth it..for me at least.

That Joker is mine! And I am SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2 (Tears of joy, my friends. Tears of joy!!)

THANK YOU CHRIS and CHRIS!!!! :banana

Haha, I'm going down the list by the Freak members "I like the most to the least" :naughty

:rotfl

If that be the case I guess I'll be going last for my endless pm's..although come to think of it, I'm also one of those who paid late.. can't win and resigned to my fate:banghead

:rotfl

If that be the case I guess I'll be going last for my endless pm's..although come to think of it, I'm also one of those who paid late.. can't win and resigned to my fate:banghead

Haha, you'd still be up there Rodney, thank you for that more than generous compliment, Thank you all :). I want all of you to have your Jokers fast, I'm working quickly yet skillfully.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back