DARK CRYSTAL & LABYRINTH !!!! PLEASE !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skulpturen

Freakzoid
Reaction score
So far there isn't much out there. I know many would love to buy good products based on those 2 Henson classics.

I don't know about LABYRINTH, but SSC released the two main... ehh puppets? muppets? from Dark Crystal yeeeaaaarrrrrsssss ago:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=4001R

I once came across the Kira figure in a local store, and the only reason why I didn't get it, was because they didn't have a Jen... I figured that it would either take me a long time to find one, or that it would coast me to much.
The Kira figure itself was gorgeous! But the packaging was, well, I had to get used to it. Didn't look like a SSC product at all. But that's clearly because it's one of their earlier products. Still, if you really want them, I hope you find them! The figure I saw was definitely something you'd want to collect if you are into Henson's "The Dark Crystal".

Yes, I have those :)
They're ok, but not good enough IMO.
I hope they'll make more movie accurate statues/PF's someday...

Quite a few years ago I came across an article stating that SS would be producing a 24" range of Skeksis and Urku. But they had been canned. I did contact SS and got a reply saying that they will not be producing them. I don't know if the article was just false and SS never had plans to do such a thing or if they did indeed end up being scrapped, either way I would love SS to pick it up again.

It’s a shame not more has been done for this wonderful movie. There are so many fantastic creatures to draw from.

SimFeliz said:
Quite a few years ago I came across an article stating that SS would be producing a 24" range of Skeksis and Urku. But they had been canned. I did contact SS and got a reply saying that they will not be producing them. I don't know if the article was just false and SS never had plans to do such a thing or if they did indeed end up being scrapped...

Yes, those were officially planned as far as I know.

The DC busts are quite good but not perfect. Still waiting for some perfect replicas... :D

The new Jareth action figure looks very good! Can't wait to get him!

I have a huge respect for Labyrinth but i've never been a huge fan of the movie itself. This may change as I've finally picked it up on DVD for another watch. The Dark Crystal for some reason always fascinated me as a child up til now...

Either way, i'd love to see some new products made.... :cool:

Don't worry, Brian Froud also prefers Dark Crystal. :lol
But I really really love the Design and Animatronic work they did on Labyrinth.

I would love to see more from Dark Crystal. BTW, anyone know if the vinyl statues from MindStyle were only at SDCC or are they for sale? I'm wanting to track down uRac.

I would love to see more from Dark Crystal. BTW, anyone know if the vinyl statues from MindStyle were only at SDCC or are they for sale? I'm wanting to track down uRac.

There was a pre-release at SDCC but the rest should be out soon. ToyTokyo had Urac but unfortunately he's out of stock. However you can choose to be notified when they're available again:

https://www.toytokyo.com/shopping/index.php/page/product/product_id/8379

I think what TT has is just leftover from SDCC. The rest should be released eventually...

Sorry if these are posted somewhere else . .

but I just saw these figures offered

OCT074629.jpg

Those two figures are AMAZING. They posted that picture a couple of weeks ago on the NECA website and I haven't been able to stop looking a them since then! I also heard they were planning on doing some goblins. it would be great if they did a new two-pack with Jareth and Sarah from the ball scene, or a single Sarah in her iconic outfit, white shirt, blue jeans. I don't think this would be impossible. Look at licenses like Army of Darkness or Shaun of the Dead, they have gotten several versions of their protagonists, I don't see why they wouldn't release more figures from Labyrinth. And the success of the first Jareth figure gives the line's continuity a good chance. I would die for a Ludo, Didymus, Ambrosious pack!!

As for Dark Crystal, I am over-excited these days. With the four Mindstyle statues, which look more than amazing, the busts that have been recently released (and purchased by me, I'm waiting for my postman to deliver them next week!), the new anniversary edition DVD and the anticipate theatrical sequel, the flame of these two cinematographic gems is more alive than ever! I just wish Sideshow recovered their interest in the DC line and started a Labyrinth line.

Does anyone know where I can find the Dark Crystal statues made by MindStyle? I need them!!

I'd definitely pick up anything related to these 2 movies, I have the sideshow 12 inch jen and kira but a 1:1 would be amazing. Sir Dydymus 1:1 would be a must have also, would pay $$$$ for anything related to these 2 movies.

With all of th etalk of the new DC movie, I think some PF Skeksis, Mystics, URskeks, Gelflings, Pod People, Garthim, Land Striders, Aughra would definitely be hot sellers. Henson has a huge following, and people are dying for anything DC. Look how well the busts sell. None pf them can be found at retail anymore, and they sell for 5 times what retail stores wer charging for them when they came out.

I would even buy a Nebry and the Castle would rock!!!!!!!!!!

Back