Danbury mint to do minas tirith

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm sure many fans would like them to make orthanc anytime, but are they allowed to do it? i'm just curious, it'll be a waste if they can't.

afterall ssw's isnt to scale with dm's. would make a nice companion. not to mention those who would love to own ssw's orthanc but price is just a turn off.

If they can do MT I don't see why they couldn't do any other environment already produced by SSC, including Orthanc.
I'll be more than happy to receive a fair sized White City.

Perhaps DM can only make environments that SSW didn't
make "for sale". Meaning that the MT SSW made was
included as a "free bonus" in the Extended Edition Box
set and never sold through Sideshow. Just a thought...

/Gwindor

PS. Hey, where are my post count from the old board?
(This is my first post here since the move.)

If this is indeed true, then sign me up for one!! I think they did a marvellous job on Barad Dur (except for the paintjob) and I'd love to see Minas Tirith in a bigger scale!!

wetayourself said:
MT & Barad by danbury will be a pair, i think that will be it.
i just cant see them doing a range like wetas

If they feel that there's money in it, I don't see why they wouldn't do it. Especially for something like Orthanc! Can you imagine the number of people who would buy an Orhanc back at its low price of $95???

As they say in "Field of Dreams": "Build it and they will come" . . .

Note that Danbury Mint's first foray into LOTR is a big hit (imagine the number of people clamoring for it on Ebay paying above retail value!)

Man they need to get a pic out ASAP.

I would prefer them to NOT do one based on Peter Jackson's movies, but one based on Ted Nasmith's art. Just me personally speaking (and not at all influenced by the fact that I own a large-sized LE print of Gandalf riding up to Minas Tirith at dawn signed and numbered by Nasmith--- oh who am I kidding... of course it's influenced by that fact :D )

The reason I actually prefer a non-PeterJackson rendition by Danbury Mint is simply because it's been done by Sideshow Weta, and Barad Dur as done by DM was not done by SSW- and so a duplicate by a different company would be sort of overkill. Oh how I would love to see Danbury Mint do a nice argonath.

Count me in for this piece. I for one really like their Barad-Dur, colors and all. Hope they keep up the enviros - I'd love to see them do a larger Minas Morgul to go with Minas Tirith, and of course Orthanc to go with Barad Dur.

Danbury is making a Minas Tirth PLATE based on the Ted Nasmith Artwork, not an environment.

Back