Daftoys 1/6 Constantine (2005)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as likeness goes, I'd say the Daftoys is the best of them all.
It does look a bit soft on details and paint apps in the review though.

Perfect summary, I’d say.

I’m hoping that the X-Studio head sculpt comes close to its AKS head sculpt inspiration. I mean, best I can see the X-Studio sculpt is a recast of the AKS sculpt that’s painted by X-Studio’s painters. But the AKS looks phenomenal. The reason I’m allowing myself to have some optimism is that a couple years ago I bought a knock-off of the Eleven 2.0 Batfleck head sculpt… or at least I’m assuming it was a knock-off based on the $39.99 price on eBay… and looked almost indistinguishable from the Eleven sculpt based on every photo and video I could find. Anyway, I’m hoping the X-Studio sculpt is significantly better than the Daftoys sculpt!

Last edited:
Perfect summary, I’d say.

I’m hoping that the X-Studio head sculpt comes close to its AKS head sculpt inspiration. I mean, best I can see the X-Studio sculpt is a recast of the AKS sculpt that’s painted by X-Studio’s painters. But the AKS looks phenomenal. The reason I’m allowing myself to have some optimism is that a couple years ago I bought a knock-off of the Eleven 2.0 Batfleck head sculpt… or at least I’m assuming it was a knock-off based on the $39.99 price on eBay… and looked almost indistinguishable from the Eleven sculpt based on every photo and video I could find. Anyway, I’m hoping the X-Stusio sculpt is significantly better than the Daftoys sculpt!
Looking forward to your pics and opinions to see if I'll order it. I'm trying to do a Neo kitbash with that X-Studio Headsculpt.

Omg! I just realized when watching this video again that the box this head sculpt comes in is the one that I got! That’s the X-Studio box! I’m not opening it until Sunday, but man, that is encouraging! Because this head sculpt looks off the chain!

8C433C49-E634-4F12-88EA-0ADCE227286F.jpeg

A71BC837-E01B-4B14-A3CD-ACDCA5462827.jpeg

E23EB82A-15A9-461C-BB63-2907CBF90788.jpeg

42CB656D-85E8-485C-9335-618708BE0FD6.jpeg

In-hand it looks very good to me. I'll have futz around with it to get some really great photos. But I trust I will be able to get some excellent shots.

I have tons of accessories, most that came with the figure but also the ones I purchased on eBay. And to mod him I have the worldbox body and X-Studio sculpt. Plus socks and shiny shoes, lol.

One thing I can report even now (@4Henry) is that, sadly, the worldbox AT020S body won't allow the pose that brings to the two forearms completely together side-by-side to cast his warding spell. That would break the shoulder joints.

I still intend to paint the tattooed the ward symbols onto his forearms and pose him with sleeves rolled up, though. And I can still show him bringing the arms together at least.

What joint should I order to attach the X-Studio head sculpt to the Worldbox AT020S body?

42D6B634-D67D-43A1-A4B4-E603297F5EE8.jpeg

The Worldbox forearms are more tan than the head sculpts. But my impression is that it won’t be a very noticeable difference once the entire figure is assembled.

0251DB96-EE0A-4AF5-9B83-DAC3DF63D0F3.jpeg

Looking good, congrats!

Thanks! Some critiques that I have myself:

I like both head sculpts overall but neither head sculpt fully satisfies me. They’re each in their own way a bit soft in terms of the paint job. The hair on the X-Studio head sculpt is cool in-hand but photographs accentuate the shininess of it which makes it look a tad unnatural. But that said, depending on the angle and the pose in-hand both the stock head sculpt and X-Studio sculpt can look great.

It still feels rare to get a photo that looks mostly naturalistic and not obviously like a posed 12’ doll, lol. But that’s true most of the time for costumed figures as well, just less so.

Clothing at 1/6 scale is never convincing. It‘s typically too thick and stiff to drape as real clothing does irl. The stitching looks too large, etc. Whenever I see photos of 1/6 figures of characters in street clothes they almost always look doll-like to me. I trust that in-hand they look really good, though. And no doubt collectors are psyched to have these cherished characters in their collection.

At the end of the day, he is still pretty darn cool looking on the shelf and I’m glad that I got him. For me it was worth the additional investments that I made for the X-Studio head sculpt and Worldbox body. And the socks and shoes I got were really pleasant surprises—they make a huge difference. The table, lamp, and chair I got didn’t cost much and were fun to pose him with.

I remain hopeful that I can get at least a handful of photos with both head sculpts that really do the character justice.

I found a used single pair of Worldbox forearms on eBay that I’m gonna get to modify so that I can attach the stock hands for the figure. I’ll saw off the hands and drill a hole in the stumps.

Nice shots!
Does the neck seem a bit long to you in hand?

Well mind you, this is the X-Studio head sculpt on the Worldbox AT020S body.

BC5A5F1F-862F-4677-9842-139283ABD450.jpeg

He’s wearing the Daftoys Constantine clothing and using the Daftoys accessories of bottle and shot glass (table and chair I picked up on eBay).

I wasn’t sure which joint to order to fit the head sculpt to the body. So I found one that I had lying around that almost fits but not quite, and used blu tack with it.

But yes! It is in fact just slightly long I would say. It’s about on the order of Hot Toys JL Superman. Like not it’s not tremendously noticeable. I’ll post a pic to show what I’m talking about in a just a bit after a cup of coffee or two.

Back