Customizing/Bashing Jason Voorhees

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I think it depends on how much depth or size is needed. If its more bloated and rotted then glue alone might not do the trick.

Although the Ace Arms are pretty thick... so I could see it going either way.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think it depends on how much depth or size is needed. If its more bloated and rotted then glue alone might not do the trick.

Although the Ace Arms are pretty thick... so I could see it going either way.

Yeah you are probably right on that. I plan on using the Ace bodies for my Jason customs to come. On my first one I used an HT Advanced body but it just didn't cut it for a Jason.

Speaking of the Ace bodies, anyone know the best place to pick those up? Are there certain Ace ones to buy that are bigger than others? Like for HT, it would be the Advanced body. Does Ace bodies have variations or names for their different body types?

I've bought them from Monkey Depot in the past... seems they get them in fairly often. Although of course none are in stock at the moment :lol

There are a few listed on eBay... I would try not to pay more than $25-$30 shipped for one.

I've bought them from Monkey Depot in the past... seems they get them in fairly often. Although of course none are in stock at the moment :lol

There are a few listed on eBay... I would try not to pay more than $25-$30 shipped for one.

Ok thanks, I am actually watching some auctions now for a couple. I just wasn't sure if they are the bigger ones or if that is the size by default. They look bulky in the pics but I wanted to double check they were the right ones. They also look like their neck connectors are compatible with HT. Is that true?

Yep, the short HT neck plugs work just fine on them. Never tried the longer ones, but I'd assume they'd work as well since its the same kind of connector.

The stock neck doesn't work though as the piece that connects to the head is more like a point than a ball.

But as far as I know all the bodies are the same size. Only downside I've had with the body is that the legs are a little loose... but the size and design make it one of the best looking bodies for customs like this. I'd just use a stand to be safe :duff

Yep, the short HT neck plugs work just fine on them. Never tried the longer ones, but I'd assume they'd work as well since its the same kind of connector.

The stock neck doesn't work though as the piece that connects to the head is more like a point than a ball.

But as far as I know all the bodies are the same size. Only downside I've had with the body is that the legs are a little loose... but the size and design make it one of the best looking bodies for customs like this. I'd just use a stand to be safe :duff

Ok thanks for the info. It will make my next Jason 8 easier to finish along with other Jason customs I'm planning. I had a heck of a time beefing up the body of the first one I did. :hi5:

Watching netflix now for some close up on his forearms. To answer some questions, I wanted to actually sculpt out the entire body, but not sure if the pound of apoxie sculpt will be enough. Plus I got the Goes To Hell Jason to do next. I'm probably going to attempt to sculpt over the entire body for the Goes To Hell and just the key parts on Jason 8. Nice to know about the super glue trick, but looking at these closeups, there is a lot more details then I thought.
And just like Galactiboy already stated, the Ace body has a better bulk than the HT TT and tad taller. I wait until there's a bid on these on ebay. I usually end up paying between $16-$20 on these, plus there is times when shipping is free :).

Watching netflix now for some close up on his forearms. To answer some questions, I wanted to actually sculpt out the entire body, but not sure if the pound of apoxie sculpt will be enough. Plus I got the Goes To Hell Jason to do next. I'm probably going to attempt to sculpt over the entire body for the Goes To Hell and just the key parts on Jason 8. Nice to know about the super glue trick, but looking at these closeups, there is a lot more details then I thought.
And just like Galactiboy already stated, the Ace body has a better bulk than the HT TT and tad taller. I wait until there's a bid on these on ebay. I usually end up paying between $16-$20 on these, plus there is times when shipping is free :).

Hey Papito,

What I did was sculpt just the forearms and places on the body where it would add bulk or was exposed from the ripped clothing. I did this because I wanted to keep the figure as poseable as possible and I felt that if I sculpted out the entire body it might interfere with is movement and stuff.

HOLY CRAP!!! Sculpting these arms are harder than I thought. I did both sides of the forearms plus the shoulders. Need to take a lunch break. Not sure if I'm happy with it just yet.

Joebizz34, I think I'm just gonna do that with this body. Also replied back to your PMs.

HOLY CRAP!!! Sculpting these arms are harder than I thought. I did both sides of the forearms plus the shoulders. Need to take a lunch break. Not sure if I'm happy with it just yet.

Joebizz34, I think I'm just gonna do that with this body. Also replied back to your PMs.

Yeah man it is challenging. I don't want to hijack your thread with pics of mine but here is one from my thread just to show as an example since it is on topic. If you look, I did the forearms, the chest area and some by the legs. I also sculpted out his exposed shoulder on the left arm. What I set out to do was keep it in propotion with the rest of the body to give the illusion that his whole body looks like this underneath. However because I only did the exposed areas, he is much more poseable. I didn't even paint the areas of his body that are not showing. What I recommend you doing is getting some pieces of foam or something soft to pad him under the hidden areas if necessary. Hope this helps you or anyone else trying to build one up.

Also I did get your PM's and thanks for that.

DSC_0222-1.jpg

That looks real good Joebizz... I like the transition from the forearm to the wrist, looks natural.

Good thing with something like this you can fudge it a bit as long as you get a consistent look overall.

That looks real good Joebizz... I like the transition from the forearm to the wrist, looks natural.

Good thing with something like this you can fudge it a bit as long as you get a consistent look overall.

Thanks man and fudging it was exactly the point I was trying to make. If you can make what you don't see match what you do in size and shape, you can get away with a lot more. No sense killing yourself sculpting something that no one will see. :)

Ok, here are some WIP with the body sculpt. I almost sure I will redo the forearms again. May add some more "deformity" to his stomach. It's right leg, I think I'm happy with....

DSC02581.jpg

DSC02583.jpg

DSC02584.jpg

DSC02585.jpg

Looking really good man :duff This is going to be one sick looking figure once its done :rock

Thanks a lot G. Starting to have some fun with this. At first it was annoying because I did not know what to do. But once I started the stomach and legs, I started to get the hang of it. Patience is key here, which is hard for me:). I got to let this set and dry until tomorrow, then I'll start on the other leg and see if I want to touch up or redo the arms.

Back