CUSTOMIKEY GOES NUTS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pickard said:
Mikey, with the newer photos, I'm even more in love with your Ben Kenobi. (Not $100 in love, but I'm a cheap bast***.)

Seriously, that thing is sweet. I especially admire the paint job you did on the head. Top notch. I hope Sideshow's Ben rivals yours.

I might have bid on your young Obi, but I didn't want to buy another Qui-Gon with the Sideshow version coming. Though I love the job you did on him. The hair is incredible.

Congrats also on your milestone. And thanks for sharing your creations.

Sorry about the price point, but I at least want to make back what I paid for the parts.
I hope Sideshow does Ben and Sid soon, but not before my auctions end. :D
I was going to say that if Obi and Qui don't sell, then I'll put them back up seperately, but they have a bid! And The Emperor has a bid too! I guess I really will have to give them up. :monkey2 :chew

Mikey, if I can track down a 12" Sidious could you paint it for me and if so how much? I just love that Palpatine so I'm trying to get the parts together to make my own. I waited too long on yours and now it has a bid. I don't think I coud go over $100 with so much Sideshow stuff coming. I hope it does well for you.

Buttmunch said:
Mikey, if I can track down a 12" Sidious could you paint it for me and if so how much? I just love that Palpatine so I'm trying to get the parts together to make my own. I waited too long on yours and now it has a bid. I don't think I coud go over $100 with so much Sideshow stuff coming. I hope it does well for you.

PM sent!

I charge $15 for head repaint and $10 for hands.

The custom comes with both ROTJ and ROTS cloaks, his cane, lightsaber, and special custom hands shooting copious amounts of Sith lightening. With all those extras, I think he's definitely worth the money, as it's all custom-made by the biggest friggin Palpy fan you'll ever meet!! :)

The Hasbro Sidious has truly wretched paint ops, along with an embarassing dickie instead of a shirt, capri pants, and uni-boots. He doesn't even have the basic robe! I had to add that from the Emperor figure, along with a new sash. Bleh. The only things worth salvaging were the hands, cloak, lightsaber, and that amazing sculpt.:emperor

Customikey said:
Sorry about the price point, but I at least want to make back what I paid for the parts.
Mike, I think the price is reasonable, just out of my range. I've done a few of these projects, and I understand how the cost adds up quickly.
I hope Sideshow does Ben and Sid soon, but not before my auctions end. :D
I was going to say that if Obi and Qui don't sell, then I'll put them back up seperately, but they have a bid!
Congrats. The winner of that auction is getting a great addition to their collection.
And The Emperor has a bid too! I guess I really will have to give them up. :monkey2 :chew
I charge $15 for head repaint and $10 for hands.
$15 for a Palp repaint? Or any repaint.

$15 is my standard 1/6 scale fee. Palpy falls into that catagory. After five attempts, I've got his apps down pretty well, so he's not difficult for me to do. For something really intricate, requiring a LOT of work, I might charge more. It just depends on the project!
:maul

Yeah, Palpy surprised the hell out of me twice. The first when I sprayed him with undercoat and saw how awesome the sculpt actually was, and the second when he almost doubled in price six full days before auction close!

I checked the bidding log, and some guy kept bidding until he was the high bidder, then retracted his winning bid. Kind of an uncool thing to do to the current high bidder, but who am I to complain! :monkey1

I'm one proud Papa. Look at my little turd shine!!

Customikey said:
Yeah, Palpy surprised the hell out of me twice. The first when I sprayed him with undercoat and saw how awesome the sculpt actually was, and the second when he almost doubled in price six full days before auction close!

I checked the bidding log, and some guy kept bidding until he was the high bidder, then retracted his winning bid. Kind of an uncool thing to do to the current high bidder, but who am I to complain! :monkey1

I'm one proud Papa. Look at my little turd shine!!

WOO-HOO! Good deal! Glad that he is selling so well... I've been watching his price go up these last few days. Real nice.

do the hustle...:chew

I think that Sidious :emperor could go over 300$...lets see...

gdb said:
$15 you say... I'll keep you mind when the time comes.:emperor

I talked to another customizer who does repaints for $40!!!:google

So, I guess maybe I'n underselling myself, but I don't really care. Maybe I'll up the price in a few months....you never know. :D :monkey3

Customikey said:
I talked to another customizer who does repaints for $40!!!:google

So, I guess maybe I'n underselling myself, but I don't really care. Maybe I'll up the price in a few months....you never know. :D :monkey3
yeah man. i think $15 is dirt cheap personally. ... but I dont want to ruin the good prices for the other board members :monkey3

EVILFACE said:
$40 isnt bad. You gotta for quality.

Okay, you guys have convinced me. Starting May 21st, I'm altering my rate to $40 a head, and $10 for hands. Additional heads only $30.

Starting May 21st. Thought that was appropriate, and gives anyone who wants a repaint plenty of time to order up.

Thanks for the love.:maul

I don't mean to jump in un-announced, but I have an extra Palpy figure I was going to put up on EBay, it is loose and complete. If anyone wants it just PM me with an offer (I am not looking for much) and then you can let Mike do his thing. :emperor

Just trying to drum up business for you Mike (ok and me to a degree). :monkey3 Your Sidious is truly a marvel. :D :D

Yeah, I actually have an extra Anakin on order.... just in case I do not score the SDCC Sith version. It will be ready for Mikey's operating table if things do not go according to plan. I already have an idea for the costume... I'm gonna char it up a little and get it ready for the duel.

If that does happen, I'll probably get an extra Obi and have Mike do another treatment. That would be pretty sweet.

I wish I had your paint skills Mikey... All I know how to alter are costumes... :D

I wish you would have said something earlier LOTRFan, I just bought a Palps on eBay the other for only $20.60 shipped. Not bad at all considering he was $19.99 + tax in stores.

So Mikey, don't up the price on me yet! He's coming though. Right now I have an Art S. Buck Sideshow figure, the old Palps robes and cane, and now the new Palps coming. All I really need is the lightning, boots, and alternate hands, which I don't need right away to have a good Palps. :emperor

Customikey said:
Okay, you guys have convinced me. Starting May 21st, I'm altering my rate to $40 a head, and $10 for hands. Additional heads only $30.

Starting May 21st. Thought that was appropriate, and gives anyone who wants a repaint plenty of time to order up.

Thanks for the love.:maul

Well I said quality too :lol

Back