Custom Kitbashed Destro 12" Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Nam, for letting me know about this- I guess great minds think Alike! I bought that Destro the minute I saw him because I was so impressed by the head! I've had my custom done for about a month, I will have to photograph it soon. I also bought a second head that I am going to modify further. Haven't gotten to that yet, though. I found mine at 2 different Wal-Marts, also $10 each clearance. This is a cool thread!

Thanks Nam, for letting me know about this- I guess great minds think Alike! I bought that Destro the minute I saw him because I was so impressed by the head! I've had my custom done for about a month, I will have to photograph it soon. I also bought a second head that I am going to modify further. Haven't gotten to that yet, though. I found mine at 2 different Wal-Marts, also $10 each clearance. This is a cool thread!

Just ignore Elvis' Destro. It'll make you wanna cry in shame. :lol

Just ignore Elvis' Destro. It'll make you wanna cry in shame. :lol

IMG_5318.jpg

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

I finally got around to getting a greatcoat for my Destro:

dsc01460q.jpg

It was a greenish-grey-brown originally and I was able to dye it today. I'm still not done with him yet. He'll need a few more things, but he is really starting to shape up. :)

I'm not liking the brown either. Its more of a stand in until I get ahold of a black one. Brown is accurate though:

ResoluteDestroPosed.jpg

EVILFACE, while I've got your attention, what would you think about me adding a Cobra patch to the greatcoat? The coat is looking a little plain against the source material, but I know I'm not going to be able to do that red lining or anything like that. And since you are the Cobra Patchworker, I thought I'd get your opinion.

I think a MARS patch will be better than a COBRA one as Destro is an associate rather than a member of COBRA.

:D

Gold patch would look good. Maybe even paint the buttons gold like in that pic.

Yeah, I'm definately going to paint those buttons gold, just need to go get the paint (and probably fixe his eyes to black with green pupils).

I hadn't thought of a gold patch. I was thinking red, but I think you're on to something.

I think a MARS patch will be better than a COBRA one as Destro is an associate rather than a member of COBRA.

:D

I know what you mean, but I've never really thought of MARS as something Destro or anyone actually wore as a patch. Sure his suitcases and weapons have had it branded on them, but not his outfit. And in Resolute, I got the feeling that he might have finally joined Cobra, especially with his big blue greatcoat.

But even freelancers like Firefly have had Cobra patches on in the past :dunno

dsc01464p.jpg

Painted the buttons gold and painted the collar with red fabric paint (it was a dark green material and didn't dye with the rest of the coat). So now I'm thinking about doing the cuffs and bottom hem. What do you think about that? Good idea or bad?

Photoshopped:

redtrim.jpg

Last edited:
dsc01464p.jpg

Painted the buttons gold and painted the collar with red fabric paint (it was a dark green material and didn't dye with the rest of the coat). So now I'm thinking about doing the cuffs and bottom hem. What do you think about that? Good idea or bad?

Photoshopped:

redtrim.jpg

That looks cool! Go with the Photoshop!

Back