Custom Han Solo on ebay

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good, but I really don't see much of Ford in the sculpt. The head loks a bit small as well, but hell, better than anything I could do.

That's Lalla's custom Han.

Was going to put a bid in when I noticed it a few days ago, but the head is undersized.

the paint is awesome but as evilface says - that is seriously expensive
and i dont see its THAT good

Wonderful paint... but like others have said, not a good expression and the pin head does not translate into a figure I'd even want in my collection.

Should have gone with recasting (or using) the Stormtooper head.

I'm actually a big fan of this figure.

The cost has gotten retarded, but it's very nice. I have a cast/repaint of the Stormtrooper head, and while it's def an improvement, I think the GG one is better.

Would love to see it shaved-down and fitted with a fedora, though.

I think the overall look of the figure is great. That smile is not the way I picture Han though.

I think the reason people may think the head is undersized is because (I believe) it is on a Hot Toys muscular body. That's the only HT body that I'm aware of that has the integrated neck post. Maybe a narrowed shoulder or a slim would make a difference.

I think the DID Boots look fantastic on it. The paint apps are awesome as well. However, like everyone else, I still think the price is insane.

Oh believe me, I totally feel that the value of something like this is totally based on how much someone is willing to pay for it. It's a bit rich for my blood but it's a beauty of a figure.

I just hope those are serious bids. Sometimes people place ridiculous bids with no intention of paying. It sucks but it happens on there.

If there are 2 people willing to spend this kind of jack on a custom Han, I would be making another one if I were the seller.:D

:rotfl

you know what? I would never buy that figure, not for $50.... it'd make the rest of my figures look like crap!

And I'd understand maybe, $70 ,for a one of a kind custom-sculpted HS this good, and maybe another $40 for the excellent paintjob, which makes $110. But the fact is, it's not a custom headsculpt, it's a recast of a gentle giant figure! To me, that's worth $15 (materials for recasting aren't that expensive, and it's kinda risky to try making this much money on recast of a licensed commercial piece), and then with paintjob the head itself is only worth $55 to me.

then, $30 for a HT body, $40 for all the SS clothes/accessories, maybe $10 for the DID boots.

that's still only $135.

expecting someone to pay $600 for a recast head stuck on a HT body with SS clothes is absolutely ridiculous (and that's only the starting price). I don't care how expensive the actual Gentle Giant or Sideshow Han Solo's are.

I'm guessing this painter is possibly well known... sometimes when a custom artist is recognizable people will pay ungodly amounts to own their pieces.

But even still, the sum doesn't seem to equal the parts to me :lol

whew.........nice "in hand"............not so much on the bod......:monkey1

damn wonderful paint job though.

dont really like that sculpt. like the paint however. lalla does great paintwork. think he does paintwork for rainman who did the blondie sculpts and fight club sculpts i think?

dont really like that sculpt. like the paint however. lalla does great paintwork. think he does paintwork for rainman who did the blondie sculpts and fight club sculpts i think?

yeah well this "Lalla" is in "Lalla Land" right now if he/she/it thinks someone's gonna pay that much money for a 12" figure....

love how it says this:

< Description >

- Head : Gentle Giant Bust head (Recast and Repaint)

- Painting: Lalla (which is I am: )

- Custom outfit : Sideshow 12" ( *Customized ) w/ DID boots

- Body: HOT TOYS

- Looses: Sideshow 12" gun

- Etc: Magnetic base, Custom made special box with Certification

Back