Custom Deckard info and Order thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would've sent this as a PM but I get the distinct impression they aren't going through...I really had no intention of causing any trouble...

I've been a collector of various action figures since I was in junior high. I'm 26 now. I also made my own customs for a while but it has fallen by the wayside in recent years. I actually moved onto a number of Hellboy (and other stuff) busts as well.

All due respect, if it's "out of print" I don't think it is rude to ask someone to make a cast. If you were still making them I could see the argument. You should take it as a compliment not an insult. I like the work and wanted to try and get one for myself. And, if you'll notice, I asked about getting it directly from you to start with and then explored alternative options.

I have been eye-balling the android hunter figure for a number of years and have almost come close to buying it a few times. Then I stumbled across this forum and I noticed some of the great work being displayed. I'm just trying to get a nice, quality Deckard figure, that's all. There's nothing nefarious or rude about that. Lastly, instead of people jumping all over me they could just say "Hey, thanks for the interest DannyBoy! Welcome to forum! We run a pretty tight knit operation here so I would recommend that you get more involved before soliciting from people." I just got here and that was a rather less than warm welcome I have to say.

For all I knew you had a stockpile of 100 of these things and would've been more than happy to sell them. Some forums are happy to sell to new folks (The Dented Helmet for example) and some aren't. There's nothing wrong with asking...

...and now back to what this thread is actually about please...

This is none of my business, but if a head is no longer being offered, I don't see anything wrong with someone getting a cast made for personal use. You should clear that with the artist first if possible before asking in an open forum though.

IMG_0600.jpg

Two more with different lighting
IMG_0598.jpg

Further to what we were discussing yesterday bud, out of interest; which of the above depicts the colours closer to how they are 'in hand'.

Because the top one jacket looks closer to the actual.

Still proper jealous of the shirt and tie. Are there ANY of those spare Ryan? Pweeeease! :panic:

Further to what we were discussing yesterday bud, out of interest; which of the above depicts the colours closer to how they are 'in hand'.

Because the top one jacket looks closer to the actual.

Still proper jealous of the shirt and tie. Are there ANY of those spare Ryan? Pweeeease! :panic:

The top one. However, after watching the film, it's still supposed to be darker, closer to the Bros. production. I don't know.... could be that the film has very little illumination all the way through and makes everything darker in color? :confused:

That and alot of the time it's wet and raining which makes the coats look darker.

Awesome looking Deckard man, great stuff.

The top one. However, after watching the film, it's still supposed to be darker, closer to the Bros. production. I don't know.... could be that the film has very little illumination all the way through and makes everything darker in color? :confused:

Ah cool, that is definitely better, but still a tad too vibrant it would seem.

You are correct though, the colours are very muted throughout the film. Check out the part where Deckard gets caught under a severe spotlight, think near the end before he enters Sebastian's apartment. Colour of the coat appears spot on to yours then.

This is none of my business, but if a head is no longer being offered, I don't see anything wrong with someone getting a cast made for personal use. You should clear that with the artist first if possible before asking in an open forum though.

which then pisses off the folks who bought a legitimate cast. I agree that he shouldn't have posted in the forum .Wish folks wouldn't get all pissy and whiny when they can't get what they want. Hell if anyone wants to make copies of this I'd consider selling them the old mould. The casts would be way less than perfect but at least then I'll stop having people still contact me when they get No for an answer.

And the comment earlier about having a stockpile of 100? :lol you certainly don't understand customising pal. Its done for fun not for profit. You would be very surprised how many casts are actually out there. ( far far far less than you think ) and a large number were actually given away as gifts .

Last edited:
I forgot to say that Commtech that is one hell of a figure ! It makes me happy to see people get enjoyment from something I've worked on myself. I actually don't think I've seen a bad figure at all. Trevor still gets the kudos for the sculpt, I just gave him a haircut that's all .

:lol , I'll save you the trouble and send you the old mould if you like ?

You know, I don't actually have a cast of that head for myself ? :( My brother got one as I'd originally had a couple made for both of us , but the cast I had planned to paint up myself was sent onto a good friend here on the board.

Anyway, this thread is all about Ryan's work so I'll take my leave and look forward to seeing the customs roll in with Ryan's clothing on them.

You don't even have one yourself! :( Mine is still a gem of my collection, cheers again.

Indeed, look forward to more pics of Ryan's set coming in. Just wish I could get me a shirt and tie. They are beautiful!

:lol , I'll save you the trouble and send you the old mould if you like ?

I am reminded of the child who comes into school chewing gum. The teacher asks "Did you bring enough for everyone?" The child then has to reply "Um, no."

If you begin a project of production but cannot cast enough for everyone, maybe you should pass the project on, just to be polite.

How much would you sell the original mold for? What about the original sculpt?

Another option is to shave the hair from an Indy and sculpt the right hair cut on it (as well as sculpting a neck). That's what Paul Carson did. You can do it yourself or comission the job to someone like Sunohc. Heck, I might try that since I need another head.

I am reminded of the child who comes into school chewing gum. The teacher asks "Did you bring enough for everyone?" The child then has to reply "Um, no."

If you begin a project of production but cannot cast enough for everyone, maybe you should pass the project on, just to be polite.

How much would you sell the original mold for? What about the original sculpt?

wow. this really iterates the voracious greediness that's rampant on the board recently. what is this BS about casting enough for everyone?? this was a personal project of a member here. it seems these days if someone simply shows a little custom work or decides to share it with just a few people, we get a bunch of whiny mouthy gits complaining because it wasn't made widely available. it's a selfish and obnoxious attitude. the custom section isn't just so people can get there hands on whatever they want.

just to be polite, why not learn your role. just to be polite.

Paul didn't though. He made this for him/his brother and sold a couple of extra un-needed casts to a couple of us who asked.

He wasn't commissioning this for groups of people on request.

wow. this really iterates the voracious greediness that's rampant on the board recently. what is this BS about casting enough for everyone?? this was a personal project of a member here. it seems these days if someone simply shows a little custom work or decides to share it with just a few people, we get a bunch of whiny mouthy gits complaining because it wasn't made widely available. it's a selfish and obnoxious attitude. the custom section isn't just so people can get there hands on whatever they want.

just to be polite, why not learn your role. just to be polite.

The whole idea of a board like this is a community of hobbyists who like similar (if not the same) things. As a result, when people produce not one, but several things, it is expected that there will be more than a handful available. This was not a one-off if molds were made. And yes, it is about getting whatever we want or else we would not customize.

No whine was included in the post. A suggestion was made.

Greed is not wanting what you don't have. Greed is wanting more than you should have.

It is obnoxious and impolite to start a flame-war and selfish to think that a non-moderator may make the rules on politeness.

SS was right. Too many rude noobs here.
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

These lazy customizers should start making enough for the whole board or not make any at all. :lecture

*warning: this post is dripping with sarcasm*

Last edited:
Back