Custom Colin Clive Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toy Anxiety

Super Freak
Reaction score
It's alive! IT'S ALIVE! Oh, in the name of god... NOW I know what it feels like to BE god!!!

OK, instead of commissioning this sculpt, I am attempting to do it myself. It is coming along, but I'm not ready to show a WIP yet. I am going on vacation for the next week, and will have pics when I get back. I just thought I'd get this thread going to generate discussion and interest. The sculpt will be done with a serious face (was there any other?), with hair hanging slightly in his face as he is just before his excitement over bringing life to the Monster! Similar to this picture, although obviously the hair needs to be castable, so it's not hanging in his face quite that much.

picture.php

I want the insane "It's alive" face too. Serious, yet with that "wacked out" look in his eyes.

Agreed... kind of pissed off/determined will work great.

And as has been said before you can get the outfit from the Young Frankenstein figure. Just need to dye the pants black and you're good to go.

OK, what do you guys think, and keep in mind this is the first 1:6 head sculpt I've ever completed. I have a few small things I want to do yet, but would like to hear some feedback before I do anything else.

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

Its looking good so far... I think you need to take down the nose a bit (its very bulbous looking) and revise the hair line. Clive's got a lot of forehead, but not quite as much as the sculpt.

Also I think you need to add a cleft to his chin.

All in all though its shaping up nicely, thanks for taking this on :rock

Its looking good so far... I think you need to take down the nose a bit (its very bulbous looking) and revise the hair line. Clive's got a lot of forehead, but not quite as much as the sculpt.

Also I think you need to add a cleft to his chin.

All in all though its shaping up nicely, thanks for taking this on :rock

LOL, I totally and seriously intended to fix all 3 of those things you suggested. I realized I didn't quite get the mild widows peak he has. the cleft was there, but lost in some sanding, so I knew I needed to add that, and in taking the pictures realized the nose was off too. The only other thing is that he needs his forehead wrinkles. I will post updated pics once that is all done in a couple days.

You really need to bring the ears down. On the average face, ears begin parallel to the eyes, and end parallel to the nose.

You really need to bring the ears down. On the average face, ears begin parallel to the eyes, and end parallel to the nose.

It might just be the angle of the photos, but in the scene just after the monster comes to life, he is talking to (forget his name), and at one point looks to his right giving a perfect profile view. The ears and eyes are lined up as they should be. I just double check.

Good guidelines Deak... that's really along the lines I was thinking.

I attempted to sculpt Clive a couple years ago and I had a heck of a time with it. I did find this kit though (see below) that I thought helped illustrate some of his gaunt features (although in a very extreme, caricaturized version) that were hard to see in film stills.

ColinBust.jpg

Good guidelines Deak... that's really along the lines I was thinking.

I attempted to sculpt Clive a couple years ago and I had a heck of a time with it. I did find this kit though (see below) that I thought helped illustrate some of his gaunt features (although in a very extreme, caricaturized version) that were hard to see in film stills.

ColinBust.jpg

Thanks GB, very intense but yeah I'd know who that is while looking at it. Dan take some notes son!

OK, here is the final on the Colin Clive. I had hoped to send it off to casting this Friday, but will wait until Monday to be sure there's not a significant problem.

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

Back