Custom Berserker Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kratos!

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm new to this board and I would like to share my custom works with everyone. I shall do a small introduction of myself.

I'm a scale modeler and a toy customizer from Singapore and are mainly dealing with Gundam Model kits, Transformers and Macross. I have set up a small display shelve at a local toys retailing shopping mall for the purpose ot selling my custom toys. I have been taking commission jobs and teaching scale modeling courses for around 5 years also. I was introduce by a personal friend of mine to visit this forum and I'm really amazed by the works of all the artists here. Hope that I could have a chance to share my customs here and also promote my services to fellow toys collectors.

So let go into the details of this custom work.

I have embarked on another project and it the Neca Predators series custom work. I have pick up both series to custom and also have recently gotten my hands on the hot toys version. Upon checking and found out the colors on the neca Open Mouth Berserker Predator is off and having alot of Poker dots on him. Neca use to have good paint jobs for the AVPR Wolf. Not sure why it degraded in this series. Anyway it seems to give me a good chance to make some decent cash out of it. As I have just gotten married with a beautiful wife and I wanted to make sure she have the best that I could offer. I have included the WIP photos also. The armor is removable and was being held on ny rare earth magnet. So collectors could remove the armor to take a look at the paint job I did on the berserker's full body.

Primed the body and heads.
IMG_0565.jpg

IMG_0566.jpg

The skirt and loin cloth of berserker is metal prime and so it won't flake off when moving.
IMG_0569.jpg

IMG_0570.jpg

1st layer toning of the body in progress.
IMG_0571.jpg

IMG_0572.jpg

2nd layer body toning in progress.
IMG_0573.jpg

IMG_0574.jpg

IMG_0575.jpg

IMG_0576.jpg

to be continued...

Now the detailing begins on the body.
IMG_0577.jpg

IMG_0578.jpg

IMG_0579.jpg

IMG_0580.jpg

Now the washing begins.
IMG_2921.jpg

IMG_2923.jpg

IMG_2924.jpg

Had to paint the eyes according to the movie photos. The toy it self only comes with red eyes and not iris...
IMG_2922.jpg

Completion!!!. With his armor on and I throw in Masked Berserker to show some differences.

IMG_2925.jpg

Here is how Neca Berserker looked like for the masked version. The un-masked version looks all grey out. Not sure why. And this masked version the color apps is alot totally in-correct.
IMG_2926.jpg

Details being flushed out from the mold.
IMG_2927.jpg

Here the one Ugly Muther F*&&er
IMG_2928.jpg

IMG_2929.jpg

IMG_2930.jpg

The eyes and inner mouth of Berserker Predator has been gloss over to give it a watery look like those you have seen in the Hot toys versions.

I actually like the Super Predators alot. Compare to the classic predators. And they look so slim built.
IMG_2931.jpg

IMG_2932.jpg

IMG_2933.jpg

Here is where I insert the rare earth magnet on the armor. So it can be remove and put on anytime the customer wanted.
IMG_2934.jpg

wow - fantastic paint job. Its like Hot Toys paint quality or better shrunk onto a smaller figure.

here how he looks like when the armor is put on.
IMG_2935.jpg

Notice the armor still got moveability even though it being hold on by the magnets.

Now the big boy has arrived to check out the little one LOLZ.
IMG_2937.jpg

This is the best color that I could archive for this project.
IMG_2938.jpg

Neca Pred: " And may I ask how tall are you anyway? "

That all for now :) Hope you all like my representation of the berserker predator.

Many thanks guys for your kind comments. For painting all the small details. I use small paint brush and to hand paint it out. Some patiences and lots of Earl grey tea to keep my nerves in check :) But the end results pay off all the efforts put it.

They eyes are my favorite part. You did so well on those, they really bring that face sculpt to life. Nice job!

Awesome figure dude! , you should make an an accurate 1/6 head for your hot toys berserker.

Your version looks a hell of a lot better lol. I wish HT Berserker head sculpt was like the one from NECA.

Calcifer that is a great idea. I thought he was customized a HT Berserker when I first saw the thread.

Back