Custom 18" Endoskeleton and Base

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
customizerwannabe said:
Not sure what you're using for water, but future floor wax does the same and it is really cheap. Gotta be Future brand though. I tried the off brand cheaper stuff and it doesn't work well.

Hey, I have some future floor wax. how do you get it to become hard? does it become hard if you just leave it out?

Reinhardt said:
Appreciate the opinion, i may just go without a logo now as i have no idea how to even make one. :)

should i drybrush the black base with shades of grey and metal? :D

Personal decision, I would but I wouldn't use THAT base, guess it's too late now, with a piece that size you may want to consider using a wider base with no edges, like a little mound or something but it will work fine IMO.

I don't know, maybe a hubcap or the bottom of a shovel or something like that, I would just go to the junk yard, you'll find something... its times like this when junkyards are cool!

Or you can make one out of wire mesh and plaster to your liking, easy and cheap to do... or get florists styro and mold it from that...

AWESOME!!!!!

Looks like SS 1/4 version!!
8306_image03.jpg
VS
endoskeleton-028.jpg

I'm amazed by this! :monkey5

I've been back to this thread so many time. You've taken a $30 figure and turned it into something that looks as good as a $300 statue! :chew

I'm tempted to do this my self.

How much would the chroming cost? Also, the NECA figure was posiable. I take it this one isn't now? Did you have to glue it so it wont move?

Cheers,

PsychoCenobite:monkey5

pjam said:
I don't know, maybe a hubcap or the bottom of a shovel or something like that, I would just go to the junk yard, you'll find something... its times like this when junkyards are cool!

Or you can make one out of wire mesh and plaster to your liking, easy and cheap to do... or get florists styro and mold it from that...

thanks man. will look into this possibly. appreciate the advice.

PsychoCenobite said:
I'm amazed by this! :monkey5

I've been back to this thread so many time. You've taken a $30 figure and turned it into something that looks as good as a $300 statue! :chew

I'm tempted to do this my self.

How much would the chroming cost? Also, the NECA figure was posiable. I take it this one isn't now? Did you have to glue it so it wont move?

Cheers,

PsychoCenobite:monkey5

Thanks so much!!! The chroming cost about $35. and yes, the figure is totally poseable. :)

I'm going to eventually secure it to the base, and once I do that, the upper body will still be poseable.

That looks great!And the pose is much more dynamic and better than the Sideshow one!

Update #2

Almost done! Got a new base, glued the rocks down, glued the skulls, drilled a crevice for the pond, added the sand, posed the endoskeleton, and attached him to the base.

Next steps - water

Let me know what you think, and thanks for looking!

endoskeleton-053.jpg

endoskeleton-054.jpg

endoskeleton-057.jpg

The water will be going inside the circle area:
endoskeleton-059.jpg

endoskeleton-061.jpg

endoskeleton-062.jpg

Here you can see the metal rod that is attached to the endo and drilled into the base:
endoskeleton-063.jpg

Here is a closeup of the steel rope that i added:
endoskeleton-065.jpg

endoskeleton-066.jpg

You should put a crushed skull in there somewhere! Other than that, it looks amazing! Great work :chew

Back