Custom 1/6 HT Snow Speeder Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jedijim3002

Super Freak
Reaction score
I really love the new HT Bespin Luke and I did not want to clutter up talk on that thread with all the great custom work that people are doing. So here we go yet again creating a new thread for another Luke. This time the Snow Speeder version or what will probably be more accurate to say the Dagobah arrival Luke.
u5e5a2a9.jpg
3yzepa3y.jpg
jytujyhe.jpg
pyjehy6y.jpg
2yqybahe.jpg
na7e9ane.jpg
uvyzu7yv.jpg
3y8amyvy.jpg
maqady9y.jpg

I used Dorgmal Snows recipe except mine has the HT belt and I left the blaster pistol and holster on for more of the Dagobah arrival look. I'm in the process of making another set of gloves like the ones I used for my Hoth Luke and ill probably have to cannibalize my SS bespin Luke belt for the actual speeder look. So he will eventually have two belts. I also got a balaclava to go over his head under the helmet for that version as well.

Hot Toys sure gave room for lots of kitbashing possibilities. Great job with the Lukes you've put together. :)

Here is the recipe.
Hasbro:
X-wing pilot jumpsuit
Flak vest
Straps
Chest box
Leg bullet holder thingie
Hoth Luke collar(from vest painted and glued on)

SS:
Ceremonial Luke jacket(painted)

HT:
DX Luke head
Hands
Body
Belt
Boots
Blaster
Saber

Tomy:
Helmet

I painted the yellow ceremonial jacket orange and the Hoth vest collar and glued them together. I cut down the hasbro flak vest to a more realistic size and chopped off some of the leg strap for the vest. Attached the leg straps to the inside of the jacket and painted the boot straps.

cool recipe but what kind of paint did you use. and it wont crack and chip since it`s cloth so lmk what is the best paint if and when i do thi i might use the hasbro ceremonial jacket it`s almost the same and cheaper.so lmk on the paint

Paint pens again. From Walmart. It absorbs into the fabric and almost becomes a dye. Like a stain you cant get out. It's a little stiff afterward but no cracking and doesn't inhibit articulation.

thanks again jedijim now i will have to pick up some parts aftermy christmas shopeing is done.how many hot toy lukes did you get these aren`t cheap

I got two full sets. One exclusive from SS and one regular from urban samurai. Then I got two extra heads one battle damaged one clean and one extra body. In total I have 6 Luke's from this set.
Clean Bespin
BD Bespin
Dagobah training
Dagobah Landing/Snow speeder
Hoth
Jedi

I think I'm done but you never know. There's always BACTA tank, and medical frigate.

Awesome work jedijim! I'm working on something like this myself using Snow's recipe. Curious what paint you used to paint the jacket orange?

Dig it!
icon14.gif

Any way to dye the jacket or is it too synthetic?

That depends on how well the material takes water. I don't have mine anymore so I can only speculate. The key is getting the cloth item completely damp and the dye bath piping hot.

Its amazing how good the Hasbro suit fits, I'm on the lookout for a yavin jacket, surprised how big it is on the HT body. Will needs some tailoring with I find one.

F6FA4EE7-DFA1-4FA4-8FCB-6E492307FE65-1516-000000D80FA69523.jpg

Waiting for heads to arrive at the moment.

Yeah the jacket is a bit big but I like it. If I ever get tired of looking at it ill tailor it a bit. I think I posted it already but I used an orange paint pen to color the jacket. The material absorbed the color like a dye. Worked pretty well I think.

Back