Custom 1/6 Gondorian Ranger

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChibiSchmoo

Super Freak
Reaction score
He's been on my work table for most of last year and is still a work in progress, but enough is now assembled that I felt like posting some pictures. I finally got a Faramir head for the hair, so I put the Ranger's head together this weekend. Some of the rest is modified Faramir parts, but a lot is built from scratch too. I still need to do the belts, finish up the sword scabbard and weather him. Also need to decide if I'm going to do the vambraces or leave the gauntlets as they are.

draft-gondorianranger1.jpg

draft-gondorianranger2.jpg

It is freakin' awesome to see a new LOTR 1:6 scale figure! And the work is incredible! I truly hope that I can find the inspiration to do a few as well!

Don't stop!

Edit - P.S...MORE PICS!

That is awesome! I don't remember what these guys looked like, but what I'm seeing here is top-notch work!

Be sure to post some more pics :rock :rock :rock

Thanks for the nice comments, everyone! I will be sure to have new pics when there's something new to show. Maybe this weekend, if I'm lucky. I'm getting hammered at work this week and can barely keep up with these boards!

I started LotR 1/6 customs before Sideshow ever got the license, so I don't intend to let to let their loss of it stop me from filling out my shelves with more. Just wish we could've got some armor fodder before they called it quits!

Thanks for the nice comments, everyone! I will be sure to have new pics when there's something new to show. Maybe this weekend, if I'm lucky. I'm getting hammered at work this week and can barely keep up with these boards!

I started LotR 1/6 customs before Sideshow ever got the license, so I don't intend to let to let their loss of it stop me from filling out my shelves with more. Just wish we could've got some armor fodder before they called it quits!

What the hell makes you think we need something new to see? Just take a bunch of pictures of the same stuff from different angles and in different poses and we'll be ecstatic!:D

Hey, that's one of the reference photos I used!

Sorry guys, no progress on the Ranger this weekend after all. I got some new parts in for other figures and was playing around with those. Speaking of which, I've come upon a solution for a Pippin head that I'm mostly pleased with. I'll post rough pics in the other thread when I get some taken.

OK everyone - finished him up on Sunday! At least, "finished" with everything except the bracers; since not all the rangers had them in the film, I'm not going to worry about them for now.

Here are some pictures I quickly took tonight:
gondorianranger10.JPG

gondorianranger8.JPG

gondorianranger3.JPG

gondorianranger9.JPG

gondorianranger13.JPG

Back