Curse of Chucky

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dug the movie quite a bit. There are one or two scenes in the beginning that drag on a bit too long but the pacing was fine once Chucky started doing his thing.
Spoiler Spoiler:

The only other thing I didn't really care for was the ending that will not end (the movie goes on for another 5-10 minutes past its welcome).

I'm not sure what those of you hoping for a return to its "horror roots" are hoping for, it's still a movie about a serial killer in the body of a doll, the series has always been a bit silly. There is definitely none of the over the top silliness from Bride and Seed though, so... yea?

So like I said, I dug the movie a lot, but I will miss the silliness of Bride and Seed.

Did you see the after credits scene????

Im confused.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Im confused.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Everyone seems to love this, (It was sold out in Walmart and Target for some friends that wanted to get it)

I hope the movie does so well that they bring a sequel.

The Story itself was cool, It was a pretty good story for a Chucky movie
But I still have some problems with the movie that kind of ruin it for me...

first, the acting is pretty bad, Even for a straight to DVD the acting is kind of awful sometimes. Barb and her husband were pretty bad.

So was the mother at the beginning, This felt like one of those "Gilmore Girl/Gossip Girl" type shows at times.

Another thing I didn't like was the kills. they were kind of lame, I don't know I expected better after 5 movies, they were kind of stupid. I don't know, they felt uninspired.

But my biggest problem was with how ugly Chucky looked...

In some scenes he looked alright, but then in others he looked like a weird Botox looking Lady or something. He looked really ugly ( I think it was the CGI face) when he was about to speak of when he smiled...

This is what the puppet used on set looked like: (pretty good looking)
qzzlCCm.jpg

but then for some reason they would turn to this monstrosity...

YMmoKzh.jpg

Like, WTF? Why would the make him look like some weird woman?
I really hated that, totally took me off the movie. I think this was the CGI face, but why did they need CGI at all? the other movies didn't have it.....

I really hated the way he looked, That doesn't look like Chucky at all, If anything he looks more like Tiffany in that second pic

the other thing I hated was what they did with

Spoiler Spoiler:

they pretty much did what the Halloween remake did....:slap horrible...

He only looked like that for a small amount of time. He got progressively better looking as he went along. As did the movie. By the mid way point, it was just as fun as the other Childs Play/Chucky movies. And fits very nicely in the series.

I didn't! With the ending just dragging on and on, I figured they put everything before the credits :slap

I'll go back and watch the after credits scene tonight.

I missed the end credits ending as well. Really liked this movie. The kills were lame but it was a kind of back to basics film to me. Really enjoyed this movie.

I didn't! With the ending just dragging on and on, I figured they put everything before the credits :slap

I'll go back and watch the after credits scene tonight.

I missed the end credits ending as well. Really liked this movie. The kills were lame but it was a kind of back to basics film to me. Really enjoyed this movie.

The After scene credits is pretty cool, I like it more than the real ending.

The scene is on youtube too if you wanted to see it without putting the movie on.

He only looked like that for a small amount of time. He got progressively better looking as he went along. As did the movie. By the mid way point, it was just as fun as the other Childs Play/Chucky movies. And fits very nicely in the series.

he does look better at the end and I understand they made him look like that for the reveal, but to me he looks too ugly and feminine, I just couldn't get into it, he reminded me of a woman I know from the library I go to...

I think he looked best in part 2...

nUhk1e2.jpg

I liked him in three. Also liked his appearance in bride. In seed he looked not as scary as before he didn't even look like a doll. But yes 2 is the best good guy chucky look.

He looked like he had down syndrome in the first half of the movie. But he looked pretty good later on.

Back