Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC: List of Spook codes in 1st post

To me, as a lifelong comic reader, DC's New 52 telling fans "Hey, most of the character's histories you've loved are gone" is a lot worse then putting a woman in a title traditionally held by a man. DC's New 52 was ALL a stunt to get new readers, and nothing more. The only reason they're on the Rebirth storyline is because they managed to completely botch what was good about the New 52. I used to read Batman religiously years ago and, after the last few years, I've abandoned it.

I'm not saying Marvel hasn't made some horrible mistakes. I used to love most of the X-Men titles, and I'm not reading many now. They're just not good. Personally, I don't care if they focus on a female Thor for a few years, or a black Captain America, as long as the writing is good. Jon Stewart replaced Hal Jordan for quite a while, and most of us look fondly on that because the writing was good. Plus, I don't want to pick up a book and read the same damn stories over and over again. I want some some creativity and unexpected twists.

Agreed.

So far, we've already beat the amount in Reward Points given away compared to last year.
Though the final day of the event didn't even have a Reward Point code.
Spooktacular 2015:
$10 (SS Email) 10-26
$10 (Facebook) 10-26
$5 (SS Email) 10-27
$5 (Facebook) 10-27
$5 (SS Email)10-28
$5 (SS Email) 10-29
$5 (SS Twitter) 10-29
$10 (SS Email) 10-30
$5 (Facebook) 10-30

I left off the old codes so all of you wouldn't have a conniption.
Last year was a total of $60 given away in Reward Points from codes. Right now the amount given out stands at $71. :blissy

Last edited:

That's good to know. I'm sure tomorrow will have at least the final newsletter (and code) for Spooktacular. Not expecting any other code although I suspect there might just be a small one.

That's a matter of perspective. I'm sure many would have considered them to be usurping the mantles of the rightful X-Men. regardless of whether or not they shared the same codenames.

It's a long established trope in Superhero comics. Jean Paul Valley, Ben Reilly, the four replacement Superman, James Rhodes, Eric Masteron, Wally West, Beta Ray Bill, Bucky Barnes, **** (I can't believe this is censored) Grayson, Jason Todd, Tim Drake, Stephanie Brown, Damian Wayne, Carol Danvers, Scott Lang, Hal Jordan, John Stewart, Guy Gardner, Kyle Rayner, Ted Kord... the list goes on. All these characters adopted the mantle of another. The story of the legacy hero is tried and true. Some of those characters fizzled out, but many became great in their own right, or became essential parts of their predecessors' histories.

We're also not really kicking anyone to the curb, anyway. Nobody was Ms. Marvel when Kamala Khan came along. Nobody was Nova when Sam Alexander took up the role. Miles Morales hasn't displaced Peter Parker. Steve Rogers and Thor have their own ongoings. Bruce Banner and Tony Stark appear to be off the table for now, I admit.

Anyways, I'm not trying to browbeat anyone, I just think the complaints about the current slate at Marvel are short-sighted. This is the way comics have always been, and the way they always will be.

You both have very good points :)

He's Batman and he scares me.

IMG_5745.JPG

I expect they will end it with a number like $75 or $80. If we are currently at $71, I'd expect a $4 newsletter code and perhaps a $5 spontaneous code.

So far, we've already beat the amount in Reward Points given away compared to last year.
Though the final day of the event didn't even have a Reward Point code.
Spooktacular 2015:

I left off the old codes so all of you wouldn't have a conniption.
Last year was a total of $60 given away in Reward Points from codes. Right now the amount given out stands at $71. :blissy
Wow, I was way off, I thought we had $80 last year and I got $65 cause I know I missed $15 worth, must have been $45.

Well past that this year. I reckon we'll get 3 more codes on Halloween. Newsletter for $2, twitter code for $2 and a Facebook code for $5 total of $80.

I feel no one could possibly know this that doesn't work for sideshow.

And comic arguments are the foundation of fandom

I could only make it half way through watching "Civil War" - I am an unrecognized minority.:lol

I generally prefer the DC films and series.

Daredevil and Jessica Jones were good, but Agents and that dreary tripe, Luke Cage... Give me Gotham, Arrow, Flash, even Supergirl.

I could only make it half way through watching "Civil War" - I am an unrecognized minority.:lol

I know I'm in the minority when it comes to the Batman films. The Dark Knight was an overly long, poorly directed and edited film that was written with numerous plot holes and character inconsistencies. The Dark Knight Rises is even worse, akin to a dumpster fire.

I generally prefer the DC films and series.

Daredevil and Jessica Jones were good, but Agents and that dreary tripe, Luke Cage... Give me Gotham, Arrow, Flash, even Supergirl.

The Marvel DC thing means nothing to me i just like a good show. I used to love Gotham, Arrow and Flash but they (IMO) have gone downhill but Supergirl is my favorite superhero show right now (not serious and just fun) followed by Agents of Shield. DD, Jones and Cage are on another level completely and are incredibly well done so i can't even compare them to the network shows. Again just my opinion..

I know I'm in the minority when it comes to the Batman films. The Dark Knight was an overly long, poorly directed and edited film that was written with numerous plot holes and character inconsistencies. The Dark Knight Rises is even worse, akin to a dumpster fire.

I don't rewatch TDK or Rises anymore as they haven't aged well with me(I still really enjoy Begins). I enjoy the Universe BvS has set up and already like Batfleck better, he seems more comic batman than any other batman we've seen so far and I imagine I'm in the minority regarding this as well. It does make buying the HT BvS figures easier though as I really enjoyed the movie.

Back