Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC: List of Spook codes in 1st post

I agree with both of you. On the one hand, I'm grateful for the event as a whole and the opportunity to score some discounts, but it is a lot of work and a $2 code over this much time sorta feels like they're not keeping up their end. As dumb as it sounds, I've lost a lot of sleep this week because I was 'tempted' with rewards. I just keep telling myself they'll make up for it with a hefty code any minute now, but who knows..

Yeah, I think it would work better if they just did maybe three codes (total) over the week that had a longer 18-24 hour validity and that were in the $10 range, maybe a bigger $15 tossed in there as bonus.

That way international people (who I guess are staying up till 3-4am from what a few people have posted) would also have an equal shot at the codes. I get the idea is supposed to be the fun of the hunt, but after while it becomes too much for so little.

And you also don't have these silly $2/$3 codes, that I get are supposed to be kinda like a few candy corns in the Trickrtreat bucket, but ultimately cost you a lot in lost sleep, family/work time etc. to land.

Sideshow doesn't exactly have to give us jack **** during spook, so there's nothing to complain about.

Yeah, I think it would work better if they just did maybe three codes (total) over the week that had a longer 18-24 hour validity and that were in the $10 range, maybe a bigger $15 tossed in there as bonus.

That way international people (who I guess are staying up till 3-4am from what a few people have posted) would also have an equal shot at the codes. I get the idea is supposed to be the fun of the hunt, but after while it becomes too much for so little.

And you also don't have these silly $2/$3 codes, that I get are supposed to be kinda like a few candy corns in the Trickrtreat bucket, but ultimately cost you a lot in lost sleep, family/work time etc. to land.

I think you have valid points , but the 2$ are actually kinda neat to that effect IMO , quantity over quality would make the event more interactive. It's just to keep the 20k people they want to follow them on instagram or what not sitting around for RP codes , and again only get one 2$ one in a not so quickly expiring news letter ... is a bit of a issue. I know they are not mandated to give us free stuff , but again they are not our friend , they are a company who needs to work on promotion and word of mouth a lot which this all does .

What did the five fingers say to the face?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

if your disappointed in free money, regardless of amount, wow.

But it's Not free MONEY. It's a coupon. $2 off in a store where the average price of an item is $300. Can I redeem rewards for cash? No. Can I go buy a $2 item? No. these rewards only have value if you spend more money.

I grateful for their coupons. I'm not bitching about quantity or amounts of rewards. But I'm not going to lick their feet and pretend they're making it rain money. That's not what this is, bro.

But it's Not free MONEY. It's a coupon. $2 off in a store where the average price of an item is $300. Can I redeem rewards for cash? No. Can I go buy a $2 item? No. these rewards only have value if you spend more money.

I grateful for their coupons. I'm not bitching about quantity or amounts of rewards. But I'm not going to lick their feet and pretend they're making it rain money. That's not what this is, bro.

if it makes you this upset, then why do you care at all?

seriously, they could be giving us nothing. :lol

what a ****ing mess of a thread.

It's not 'free money', it's a tiny user-applied discount to encourage extra spending on high priced items that Sideshow still makes very considerable profits on, and a big marketing push into the bargain.

There's nothing wrong with any of that, and any discount is better than no discount, but let's not delude ourselves that this is anything more than it actually is, here. :)

:goodpost::exactly:

and you look ridiculous doing so.

You're basically insulting everyone on here who VALIDLY finds $2 in RP for a full day underwhelming.

Newsflash = its very underwhelming and everyone here is allowed to think so.

you guys don't have to do this ya know:lol

if it makes you this upset, then why do you care at all?

Reread my post. Where did I come off as upset? I'm merely correcting the concept that this is "free money". I'm actually quite sanguine about it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

All discounts and RPs aside, I was just hoping for a few more (and cooler) announcements.

I mean, the promo stuff is always cool, but seeing the new figures, statues and license announcements is always my favorite part. So it hasn't been a great Spook for me this year.

While I try to respect everyone's opinion and thoughts on things , it's hard to do so with someone who represents Leto Joker lol

All discounts and RPs aside, I was just hoping for a few more (and cooler) announcements.

I mean, the promo stuff is always cool, but seeing the new figures, statues and license announcements is always my favorite part. So it hasn't been a great Spook for me this year.

Agreed. They showed off so much the past few shows. I'd hoped to buy some of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

if you're choosing RP points over your family, then I think that may be you're problem. not SS's.

if your disappointed in free money, regardless of amount, wow.

Sorry but that sounds more of a personal issue...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

:slap

I'm just citing what people have written in this thread.

And if you haven't chosen to sit watching your phone or computer over doing something more worthwhile this week, then you're not being truthful.

Sideshow doesn't exactly have to give us jack **** during spook, so there's nothing to complain about.

I'm doing Spook for one reason only - to try to get enough RP's to afford Sideshow's skyrocketing prices (for me, that would be Snowpseeder Luke at $270.)

The price of a Luke figure has gone from $199 (Hoth) to $240 (X-Wing) to $270 (Snowps) in like 18 months (Luke Hoth shipped Mar/Apr last year) with accessories dropping away as we go along.

This would have been "fun" and "free stuff" if that Snowsp Luke was around $200 as it should have been. That way these RP's would be a "bonus" - but at nearly $300, to me they are essential for me to afford SSC's price.

We should all just calm down. We're all upset and frustrated but there are better, more productive ways to use that energy besides complaining and aggression in a forum.

It's Friday night, go out! Enjoy the weekend!

You're basically insulting everyone on here who VALIDLY finds $2 in RP for a full day underwhelming.

Newsflash = its very underwhelming and everyone here is allowed to think so.

so much entitlement. :lol

SS doesn't owe you or anyone anything, are you saying you'd be happier with no codes at all? be happy you got your 2$. the reason spook hasn't been great the last few years is. cause if all this self entitled bitching about FREE stuff.

We should all just calm down. We're all upset and frustrated but there are better, more productive ways to use that energy besides complaining and aggression in a forum.

It's Friday night, go out! Enjoy the weekend!

Can't , we gotta wait for that 2$

Back