Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC: Waiting for the July code

If they cut codes I'm not sure I will stick with them. The $20 shipping is out of hand and for that I'll go to BBTS.

I talked with customer support over my phasma and they have told me there will be no july code and she is unsure if they will continue monthly codes.

They're probably telling the truth about the July code, but the other is probably a lie to get you to buy something now, at full price. We went a couple of months last year without proper monthly codes.

If they cut the codes they would have to offer free shipping or something. Once their pre orders slow they would bring back the codes that's for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still think they'll drop a code around SDCC ... Like Goblin said, they'd rather pple buy something at full price now than wait for a code.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't we just go through this last time there was a late code?

I still don't know why folks think Sideshow have to do anything. When you're buying a HT from another site in North America, you're already paying Sideshow.

I love the codes and use them when I place orders like most others here in the thread, but the monthly codes are sent to customers inside an order to incentivize them to make a new order. They don't send them out in their newsletters and they're not for a very wide audience. This thread is without a question responsible for disseminating the code to hundreds of people who would otherwise have no idea about the codes at all. Every day on Facebook you still see people who have no idea there any discount codes like this given out.

I really wouldn't put much stock into what their CS tells you anyway. Some of their reps really aren't that informed and don't know what they are talking about. I'm sure there will be plenty of future codes.

I think we've heard this song and dance before, about the elimination of the monthly code. I wouldn't doubt if there isn't one this month, but I'm pretty sure it'll pull an Arnold.

She just gave me a code for $25 off the already on discount stuff like the Pepper Potts stuff. Useless.

The issue was that Phasma was delayed and with her I am resting on a **** ton of points cuz of her. Wanted to use $29 off an order. So I asked if they could release my points early as I am on my final payment and I didn't want to cancel and I wanted to make a new order. She gave me a June code, I was travelling, missed it and replied with that info and she gave me the crap discount one, and I asked if there is any way I could ask again next month for a code to use as I kinda wanted a code for a Jumptrooper. That is when she said she is unsure if there will be codes for future months.

Instead I used $5 of my points off a Resistance Rey.

I prefer some reward point during SDCC

Living in los angeles, without the code or it being an exclusive sideshow only hot toys i buy from bbts or timewalker they are just cheaper by a few bucks but in the end with all the figures i buy it all adds up to savings

Yea you have to wait an additional 2 or 3 weeks after sideshow starts shipping them out first but hell i already waited 9 months to a year, whats 2 weeks more

LoL 2 weeks more is actually a killer

Internationally the code gives around half price shipping.

I think the gist of it is that coupons are a pretty major factor in people buying from SS. The only counter to pulling codes (if they have the nards to do it) would be upping the value of rewards points.

The last 2 bounty hunter PO's have launched with double rewards and free US shipping. That at least equals the $20 coupon for local buyers. Not so good for us internationals though.

The last 2 bounty hunter PO's have launched with double rewards and free US shipping. That at least equals the $20 coupon for local buyers. Not so good for us internationals though.

That coupon really helps justify buying from SS directly. I just wish once they would have free international shipping as a offer. Double rewards and free US shipping should be about the same value as free international shipping.

That coupon really helps justify buying from SS directly. I just wish once they would have free international shipping as a offer. Double rewards and free US shipping should be about the same value as free international shipping.

That would have me back to day one PO's.

I talked with customer support over my phasma and they have told me there will be no july code and she is unsure if they will continue monthly codes.

SS customer support doesn't know their asses from their elbows. who cares what that buffoon said.

if they quit the $20 coupons then "Mayo bye-bye-O" - who knows what quote thats from?

Back