Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC: The Wait for a February Code

You're yanking everyone's chain right?

Actually I'm not.

I made my first foray into HT 1/6 collecting this week snagging OT Stormtroooper, Han, Chewbacca, and Obi-Wan from a comic shop near me. I placed pay as you go orders for Boba, Vader, Luke, Leia, and the Sandtrooper last night. My wallet is smoking.

Next is deciding if I only want to buy in for OT, or TFA as well. Would have been nice to use codes on the OT figures over the past few months, but I was too wish-washy on them. Instead of saving, I now forced myself to pay extra in the aftermarket for some of them. I want to avoid that from happening again, but I want to also try to save a few dollars going forward. I'm not versed on the finer details/tribal knowledge of the discount codes and how SS let's you apply them yet.

See my profile. :) Part-time lurker here since Aug 2012, but only SS/HT purchaser since Feb 2016.

Need to learn quick though cause I don't want to miss TFA Kylo Ren and FO ST. Speaking of, I have another noob question with regards to if figures ever sell out entirely in the pre-order phase? Or you always assured that if you skip a PO, the item will come into regular stock upon release?

Just read the first post in this thread.

Actually I'm not.

I made my first foray into HT 1/6 collecting this week snagging OT Stormtroooper, Han, Chewbacca, and Obi-Wan from a comic shop near me. I placed pay as you go orders for Boba, Vader, Luke, Leia, and the Sandtrooper last night. My wallet is smoking.

Next is deciding if I only want to buy in for OT, or TFA as well. Would have been nice to use codes on the OT figures over the past few months, but I was too wish-washy on them. Instead of saving, I now forced myself to pay extra in the aftermarket for some of them. I want to avoid that from happening again, but I want to also try to save a few dollars going forward. I'm not versed on the finer details/tribal knowledge of the discount codes and how SS let's you apply them yet.

See my profile. :) Part-time lurker here since Aug 2012, but only SS/HT purchaser since Feb 2016.

Need to learn quick though cause I don't want to miss TFA Kylo Ren and FO ST. Speaking of, I have another noob question with regards to if figures ever sell out entirely in the pre-order phase? Or you always assured that if you skip a PO, the item will come into regular stock upon release?

I can't remember the last time an item was 100% sold out based on pre-orders, some things do sell out quick once they are in stock like Han/Chewy and OT stormtroopers for example. Others take a month (HT Vader, Luke ST) and then other like the current HT Luke might sit there for 2+ months.

basically its how much of a chance do you want to take, if the figure is a must have, pre-order it as soon as the $20 off coupon works. Otherwise wait for at least free shipping and double rewards or discounts on other sites... Sideshow and HT figures are now priced where they aren't likely to sell out unless they are given nice discounts or its a super high demand figure (or one people think will never be re-made, which there aren't many of anymore :rotfl)

Since we are still waiting for a code I hope you don't mind me asking for your opinions.
I know this is based on personal likes and that we haven't seen most of these figures in hand yet but, I currently have enough rewards and GCs to do one of the following and just pay for shipping. If it was you, which would you chose?

#1 Get Hulkbuster

#2 Get HT Leia, SS Jawas, HT Ant Man & HT Batman Returns single

#3 Batgirl or Catwoman PF & 2 of the above figures

Thanks.

What do you want more? What would be easier for you to buy later or individually? I would probably go with Hulkbuster because I probably won't drop a grand on 1 figure. I have Leia (free because of reward points), Jawas, and Ant Man on pre-order and find it easier to drop 200.00 at a time.

What do you want more? What would be easier for you to buy later or individually? I would probably go with Hulkbuster because I probably won't drop a grand on 1 figure. I have Leia (free because of reward points), Jawas, and Ant Man on pre-order and find it easier to drop 200.00 at a time.

Like everyone I'd love to get it all but I'm just trying to figure out which I'd rather do with all the rewards.
My feeling is to go with the Hulkbuster but I'd really like to wait until this one gets released before I use them in case there ends up being an issue with the final product. I love my other HT Iron Man figures but this is a whole other animal. The proto looks awsome but will they be able to mass produce the same thing and arrive in one piece?
Hopefully we'll get some early pics to make the decision easier while hoping none of the others sell out.

Ugh, I would just like Sideshow to start responding again. Have a credit and reward points I want to use for a pre-order before the Exclusive goes on waitlist.

I have an odd question. I want to use my Paypal to pay for an order on my wife's Sideshow account, as she has some points that are going to waste. If I apply the points and begin the checkout process and click the pay with Paypal button, will the order go through?

I have an odd question. I want to use my Paypal to pay for an order on my wife's Sideshow account, as she has some points that are going to waste. If I apply the points and begin the checkout process and click the pay with Paypal button, will the order go through?

Not at that exact time. I only use PayPal on Sideshow to pay for orders and when you click pay with PayPal, it will take you to the PayPal website and then back to the Sideshow website to review your order. When you click Place Order on the sideshow page, it will then charge your paypal account. On the PayPal website nothing will happen except for you to log in and review the amount of the order.

I think the lack of a code has saved me from impulse buying Kylo-Ren. That and seeing the movie, again and realizing an Adam Driver head sculpt is a must. Also, I hate that zipper for the lightsaber arm sleeve.

I think the lack of a code has saved me from impulse buying Kylo-Ren. That and seeing the movie, again and realizing an Adam Driver head sculpt is a must. Also, I hate that zipper for the lightsaber arm sleeve.

well we know for sure he will be in the next movie and probably in a spin off, so if you can wait 2 years you can get a newer version which hopefully will have a head sculpt.

I think its cheap of HT to do any character without a head sculpt, for the prices they charge it should always be included, even ST should come with a generic sculpt we can switch it out with!

I also have saved some cash by not placing an order last month, there is zero reason to buy anything from them without a discount code, everyone knows that nothing sells out anymore.

I don't know. The figure is pretty awesome. Simple but of of my favorites from the SW line so far.

I bet Ben will have a wicked scar in Episode 8. That will be a must-have head sculpt! That's the Adam Driver head sculpt I'm waiting for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R5 showed up today......no code.

Why would any stormtrooper come with a generic sculpt? Apart from Finn you never see one without their helmet.

You can use any sculpt you want for that anyway.

Why would any stormtrooper come with a generic sculpt? Apart from Finn you never see one without their helmet.

You can use any sculpt you want for that anyway.

that's like saying why did the original hot toys "bodies" come with generic sculpts... imagination, maybe people like to pose a stormtrooper without their helmet
I didn't realize everything had to be movie accurate in everyone's displays, my threezero Ned Stark is riding an Asmus brown horse, is that not allowed? :wink1:

that's like saying why did the original hot toys "bodies" come with generic sculpts..

Not quite. Generic bodies aren't licensed properties. There's no F in way Lucasfilm is going to give carte blanche for HT to toss in whatever headsculpt they way with a trooper. It's has to be something LFL wants to have released, generally something from a movie or some other LFL release (like a video game, etc.)

If you want to be accurate to the movie, you can always put a John Boyega or Daniel Craig head on a trooper body though. :)

Back