Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC. ***new code coming later today

I didn't see any arguing :dunno bit heavy handed I think :slap

It was in the latest update to the Twitter mobile app.

Just an FYI for anyone else using iOS. The option for per-contact notifications is not labeled in the UI as as its own button. You'll have to click on the contact image to see their summary and then click the option button (gear) to select the "turn on notifications" action.

Unlike in the Android client, you will not see any favorite-like indicator (a star) on the summary page. Don't know if this is a bug. I also noticed that after the very first time you do this, you will never again even see a confirmation of the option being set.

I'll be monitoring during the day and will post to the email list if needed.

I think its great and smart you guys started passing out emails to each other, but at the same time, like some said, you might have killed it.

Got the test email from Shawn. And in spite of him mentioning not to reply to it, we had someone reply back. Whoever you are, and I mean no offense, please take time to read even if it's a couple of lines of text. It defeats the original purpose of setting up that mailing list. :peace

Edit - Does anyone have Sideshow's mobile site address? Cuz I can't enter codes in their desktop version using my mobile browser i.e. Opera Mini.

Last edited:

How do you find out who won the twitter contest?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Code a code... My Kingdom for a code!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edit - Does anyone have Sideshow's mobile site address? Cuz I can't enter codes in their desktop version using my mobile browser i.e. Opera Mini.

As far as I know, they don't have a mobile site, but style for mobile with CSS. If you look at the source for their page you can see a lot of mobile classes which get hidden when you're not using a mobile browser (you can also see their site seems to run on WordPress). Opening the site with iOS Safari for instance shows a mobile-friendly layout with no horizontal slide.

It's possible they're using directives to target specific browsers and Opera mobile isn't one of them, so my suggestion is to try an alternate browser if possible. Or you can change the user agent string for your browser, try mimicking the one for mobile Safari. Though that may require Opera Mobile, not Opera mini... See here: https://www.tweakjet.com/2013/06/how-to-change-useragent-in-opera-mobile.html

And send them an email letting them know of the issue you're having.

Initially, I used to automatically get redirected to their mobile version whenever I visited their site. And it was working until a couple of weeks back so :dunno

Initially, I used to automatically get redirected to their mobile version whenever I visited their site. And it was working until a couple of weeks back so :dunno

So it was definitely already working at some point with the new design they debuted in the summer, right? In that case I would definitely write to them. I can tell from the comments in the source and CSS that they have done updates, it's likely something was changed that broke for your browser. Shouldn't be terribly difficult to fix.

Maybe the change was to do the mobile version via CSS where before they actually used different pages. I can't recall what their site looked like in Safari back over a month ago so I can't offer you any help with that guess. ;)

I think its great and smart you guys started passing out emails to each other, but at the same time, like some said, you might have killed it.

We didnt kill it. We are but a few small fish in a big ocean of collectors.

Patience.....they already said a code would come later today and now the Joker and Cap giveaways are over. Its 1pm their time. Probably in the next few hours.

Send me a PM with your email address.

There is no separate mobile version of the Sideshow site anymore. Instead the new site has been adapted to be friendly on different sized devices (such as smart phones). What web browser are you using and what kind of phone are you using?

-SideshowAlex

There is no separate mobile version of the Sideshow site anymore. Instead the new site has been adapted to be friendly on different sized devices (such as smart phones). What web browser are you using and what kind of phone are you using?

-SideshowAlex

I know even though I have a small phone I like seeing the normal webpage layout. I always click the "full site" button when a site has it.

-SideshowAlex

Hi, Alex! :wave Nice to see you found us in here. Hope you have a great holiday season!

Back