Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings

Dude you're a pro, is that even allowed lol

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

If only I got paid for this! Nope, just a hobby that I only do at Halloween. It started about 5 years ago when an Iron Man carving I did turned out vastly better than expected. Since then I've tried to one up myself each year. I really only do one major carving per year, that's it.

If only I got paid for this! Nope, just a hobby that I only do at Halloween. It started about 5 years ago when an Iron Man carving I did turned out vastly better than expected. Since then I've tried to one up myself each year. I really only do one major carving per year, that's it.
Dude you're really amazing. Congrats on the win cause I don't see anyone beating you

Dude you're really amazing. Congrats on the win cause I don't see anyone beating you

Haha, thanks! Unfortunately its not been that simple. I have entered this contest every single year since 2009. I did win in 2012 for my Avengers pumpkins, but that was a Facebook vote (which many people were not happy about). The Sideshow judges have never once chosen me... They seem to gravitate more toward the more out of the box carvings versus stuff like mine (for example one year a carving was chosen of a pumpkin, about 4 or 5 inches across, that was carved to look somewhat like Iron Man's arc reactor). I dont get it, I guess, but its not my place to complain! So we'll see, I guess:).

I think once you're at the level you're showing here, a lot of places that are judging "everyman" submissions are just going to skip you over.

Amazing work - out of context one might not even think "pumpkin" when they see that.

Last edited:

^^^Yeah that

I think once you're at the level you're showing here, a lot of places that are judging "everyman" submissions are just going to skip you over.

Amazing work - out of context one might not even think "pumpkin" when they see that.

Understandable, though in that case may as well put something in the contest description because its just as unfair to me.... Being skipped because i happen to have skill? I don't do this JUST for this contest, I do it because i enjoy it, the contest is just something I stumbled across a few years ago as i was just getting into collecting. However if my submission is going to be skipped I may as well stop submitting, ya know? Again, I'm not a judge so whatever they do, they do. Glad you guys liked this years creation, though!

The carving contest was through email. You just had to email your submission to [email protected]. What did you hear back about, winning? There have been no announced winners at all or anything... that was sort of my point, that so far there has been NO information. The gallery that they were posting the carving pictures in has the same 16 or so pictures it had from the very start. I sent a message to the sideshow FB page to see if they have any updates. Obviously I'm interested to know if I placed in the contest!

Here is my entry, just for fun:).

Do you have a picture of the pumpkin in the daylight? This thing is so good I don't even understand how it's a pumpkin. Ha! Well done. Hope you win. Didn't even realize Groot was in there too.

Do you have a picture of the pumpkin in the daylight? This thing is so good I don't even understand how it's a pumpkin. Ha! Well done. Hope you win. Didn't even realize Groot was in there too.

Check this out... Every year i make a "How to" on this website... You'll see how i go about the process.

How to carve Rocket and Groot

Check this out... Every year i make a "How to" on this website... You'll see how i go about the process.

How to carve Rocket and Groot

Simply jaw dropping. Thanks for sharing that. I was showing my girlfriend over dinner and we were trying to fathom how you got all those tiny details nailed.

Did anyone get their $15 added to their account yet that won one of the Rewards points contests?

Holy Cow that Rocket and Groot are mind blowing! Well Done!

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

Excellent work! I checked out the how to and your other pumpkin carvings. Very impressed. Thanks for sharing!

IMSUIT is good for 20% Iron Man products right now. Most are what was already on sale during Spook, but they added the 902014 Iron Patriot Diecast to the list. Comes out to less than $200 after reward points.

Cool I canceled and reordered IP its $223 & $27 in rp so like $197 really good deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LIMITED TIME OFFER at Sideshow
20% off with code SUPES14 10% off Free US Shipping $18.00 cash back in rewards

Sideshow is just teasing me now, Red Snapper is not part of this promotion lol. However Iron Patriot is, so pick that **** up for $55 off.

IMSUIT.jpg

Back